I have to admit I did like the playbook at first, but I am at the point that this is useless. I am forced to use At&t for my BB since it a corporate device. I have not had a working bridge since the latest update. I have tried Rroyy's links over and over, the battery pulls, the media card method, and the desktop manager load of the alx file. None of them work. I can download the bridge through app world and I can download the 1.065 version through rroyy. I haven't used the playbook since then and it serves no purpose anymore. Reading the forums it is disheartening. The main reason I bought a playbook was the bridge. I don't want to pay for another data plan. I am jealous of all of you with working bridges. I am signing off until February and will see if 2.0 fixes the problem. I doubt it since it is a problem with the 9700 being able to load the latest bridge software.
    Last edited by ctfire; 11-21-11 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Because I can.
    11-19-11 10:58 PM
    I use 9700, dont have the problem u describe.... something unique to ur devices it seems....and I am also with AT&T
    11-19-11 11:16 PM
    You should post this to an AT&T forum.
    11-19-11 11:37 PM
    Also, I am using the os2 beta and suspect you installed the developer only beta.

yes bridge does not work natively on os2 beta. But thats why I put a temporary one in the app store.

But useless without bridge? Useless means to have *no* use. Even a bricked PlayBook has a use. It is a tangible weighted object. Almost by definition it would be of use - that is it could be used at the bare minimum as a paper weight or many other purposes.

Tell you what I will buy yours for $99, which would be of use (would it not?).
    bbmtna, ndon70, CracklePot and 2 others like this.
    11-19-11 11:42 PM
    Also, have you tried doing a wipe on your phone? And you mentioned you are forced to use it, is it connected to a BES server?
    KermEd likes this.
    11-20-11 12:02 AM
    I've never had any problems that the author has reported. Then again, I'm not on ATT as I'm in Canada. Also, interesting to see that this post just came across Twitter and here: Playbook is useless without the bridge | BlackBerryGames.info
    KermEd and ericrangel76 like this.
    11-20-11 12:06 AM
    The bridge is sweet.
    11-20-11 12:14 AM
    I've never had any problems that the author has reported. Then again, I'm not on ATT as I'm in Canada. Also, interesting to see that this post just came across Twitter and here: Playbook is useless without the bridge | BlackBerryGames.info
    thats indeed very interesting, its the same post word for word... so what is this trying to see how the CB community responds..... whatever happened to plagiarism.... someone needs a crash course on not stealing others words...... unless the OP and BBwords are the same person....
    KermEd likes this.
    11-20-11 12:20 AM
    thats indeed very interesting, its the same post word for word... so what is this trying to see how the CB community responds..... whatever happened to plagiarism.... someone needs a crash course on not stealing others words...... unless the OP and BBwords are the same person....
    That's what I was hinting at too; it just seemd odd that the post was word for word the same. What really tweaked my interest is that I saw the post tweeted by Iphone Files https://twitter.com/#!/iphonefilesdl which caused me to go "hmmm".
    11-20-11 12:25 AM
    The OP's posts are only about his bridging problem. Not one mention about a call to RIM. His is a very unusual case in more than one way.
    11-20-11 12:30 AM
    Bridge browsing limps along like a limp blue dishrag trying to extend a "blue bar" to its fullest extent.
    11-20-11 12:39 AM
    Bridge browsing limps along like a limp blue dishrag trying to extend a "blue bar" to its fullest extent.
    Not for me. Bridge browser works beautifully on my PB. Your complaint seems confined to just a few owners. As one can stream video over the bridge, well, sorry that you apparently cannot for whatever reason.

It's sweet especially up at the cottage where, even with a weak signal, I can stream vids.

Just watched a news vid via streaming flash over the bridge just for fun.
    KermEd likes this.
    11-20-11 01:41 AM
    have you called rims tech support line for help setting bridge up?
    11-20-11 02:12 AM
    Very unique situation, and I hope you find a cure, I feel for ya because yeah bridge makes it awesome - not sure as I would go so far as to say "useless without" I mean you do have wifi right?
    11-20-11 02:24 AM
    Not for me. Bridge browser works beautifully on my PB. Your complaint seems confined to just a few owners. As one can stream video over the bridge, well, sorry that you apparently cannot for whatever reason.

It's sweet especially up at the cottage where, even with a weak signal, I can stream vids.

Just watched a news vid via streaming flash over the bridge just for fun.
    Ditto - with AT&T even.
    11-20-11 02:25 AM
    No, I doubt he has do e anything to troubleshoot or investigate the issue. Given the slow responses, I doubt he really wants it fixed. More over given some iOS twitter group grabbed the post, I wouldnt be surprised if this is fake altogether. Good to be vague when they know nothing of the product
    erhan8 likes this.
    11-20-11 02:26 AM
    After having upgraded my BB 9700 with the Berrylicious OS the bridge is not functioning like it should. It is still posible to get it up and running using the workarounds, but not the smooth way i was used to as shown here. Blackberry Playbook with OS2.0 Dev beta, using Bridge Functionality. | SKATEMANSWORLD

the changes are: A newer Bridge function on the Phone.. and some OS7 component in the Berrylicous OS.

And because i have chosen to use a Beta 2.0 Dev os on my Playbook and some Modded OS (berrylicous) on my BB 9700 i am NOT going to complain. :-)

Still very very happy with Playbook and Bold 9700.
    11-20-11 05:43 AM
    No, I doubt he has do e anything to troubleshoot or investigate the issue. Given the slow responses, I doubt he really wants it fixed. More over given some iOS twitter group grabbed the post, I wouldnt be surprised if this is fake altogether. Good to be vague when they know nothing of the product
    I tell you man.... this is some novel way of trolling.......now bots are infiltrating the forums too....
    11-20-11 06:38 AM
    Hardly useless. I love it when people say it's useless that means it can do nothing. Well I'm sorry if not having native email, pim and a calendar without bridge makes it useless.

Sounds like you people need a tablet or phone that only does those things and nothing else as doing anything else on them is useless.
    AggreX likes this.
    11-20-11 07:12 AM
    Thats strange-I couldnt sleep so i grabbed my playbook, checked my email, studied all of my colleagues weekly acheivements, looked at and studied their acheivements for the week -downloaded their documents and drawings from box.net got bored checked app world bought deadspace because its on sale while it downloaded in the background i sent an email to my brother and answered some questions from my moms lawyer regarding defending her estate went to try out deadspace pretty awesome graphics wrote some code to prepare for some work tomorrow with some other engineers checked my bank accounts paid some bills ... planned my week ... made $200...for the two hours of work i just did ....INHALE......

All while comfortably snuggled in bed listening to the rain outside....WITHOUT BRIDGE!!!!!

then i checked into cracberry and got the laugh of my life
    Playbook is useless without bridge!!!!!

I immediately chucked it out the window . ok not yet i have to submit this post ... then this useless POS is history.....i swear.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-20-11 at 01:14 PM.
    CracklePot and jstarett like this.
    11-20-11 07:33 AM
    Not sure of all the speculation overnight. I don't have twitter, so I am not sure about the other post. Someone else wrote that I have the beta. I never downloaded the playbook beta. version 1065 of the bridge wont work because the playbook hangs on the password screen. It gets information from the phone like the number of emails in the upper right corner. But then it hangs after you put the password in. The phone wont' install 1.074 of bridge so I am in no mans land. I work for a huge company, so they will not support me getting software on the BB.

My issue is one of frustration. I loved when the bridge worked. I don't need a tablet in the house. I need one out and about doing my job (ironic since my employer won't support the Playbook).

Why can I download 1.074 from app world, 1.065 from rroyy and get them both to install.

Can't download 1.074 from rroyy, can't load 1.074 from BB desktop, or the micro card method.

I hate AT&T. I shouldn't have to do workarounds. That being said I just want my bridge to work.
    11-20-11 08:07 AM
    Not sure of all the speculation overnight. I don't have twitter, so I am not sure about the other post. Someone else wrote that I have the beta. I never downloaded the playbook beta. version 1065 of the bridge wont work because the playbook hangs on the password screen. It gets information from the phone like the number of emails in the upper right corner. But then it hangs after you put the password in. The phone wont' install 1.074 of bridge so I am in no mans land. I work for a huge company, so they will not support me getting software on the BB.

My issue is one of frustration. I loved when the bridge worked. I don't need a tablet in the house. I need one out and about doing my job (ironic since my employer won't support the Playbook).

Why can I download 1.074 from app world, 1.065 from rroyy and get them both to install.

Can't download 1.074 from rroyy, can't load 1.074 from BB desktop, or the micro card method.

I hate AT&T. I shouldn't have to do workarounds. That being said I just want my bridge to work.
    Are you sure since you're BES you don't have to get your admin to do something? I know nothing about BES.

Since you're on BES you probably can't backup your phone and reinstall the OS?

What steps are you taking to get the bridge installed? Have you tried taking the password off of both before trying?
    11-20-11 08:13 AM
    I tell you man.... this is some novel way of trolling.......now bots are infiltrating the forums too....
    If they could only figure out how to get them out of yahoo chatrooms that everyone was forced to abandon years ago because they discovered they were the only real humans
    in the room ... then maybe i wouldnt be in crackberry so damn much. It can't possibly be rocket science....

Then they could work on figuring out how google got the jump on them
    11-20-11 08:22 AM

Dont give up there must be an answer to this,I would be frustrated also.
    Yes BES could be an issue.

I suggest you may get more help with a less inflamatory title to your thread.

Is this a company issued BB?

im still using 1.0.6.5 from rroyy on 9700 no BES, ATT, not sure how to check pb version of bridge no issues here but youre right about ATT this whole workaround thing sux.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-20-11 at 08:35 AM.
    11-20-11 08:27 AM
    Are you sure since you're BES you don't have to get your admin to do something? I know nothing about BES.

Since you're on BES you probably can't backup your phone and reinstall the OS?

What steps are you taking to get the bridge installed? Have you tried taking the password off of both before trying?
    Correct. I can't reinstall the OS since it is BES.

I have uninstalled the bridge through app world, the options menu in the phone, and through Desktop.
    11-20-11 08:54 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD