View Poll Results: How much use does your laptop get since owning the Playbook?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still the same usage

9 11.39%
  • Less usage

25 31.65%
  • A lot less usage

31 39.24%
  • Gathering dust

14 17.72%
    How much use does your laptop get since you have had the Playbook?
    11-14-11 08:57 AM
    i never possess to own a laptop since the beginning. i think its useless to carry around stuff when you have what you want on smartphones today. well i agree it does LOT more than phones but for me, a person who has private desktop, didnt felt to buy 1. But tablets are something else & no doubt playbook can handle pretty much everything i do on web. Tried iOS & Android but never felt that royalty. Apps doesnt prior to me than browser
    11-14-11 09:17 AM
    I love to be able to swipe and have immediate access to information as well as the small footprint.
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    11-14-11 09:26 AM
    Playbook when away from home and my laptop is my home desktop now. Nice to have something that is really so much more portable.
    11-14-11 09:29 AM
    I do the majority of my internet browsing on the PlayBook even when at home. The browser is great on the PlayBook. Not much I need my laptop for as far as that goes. I do still use my laptop for itunes, BB desktop manager, those kind of things.
    11-14-11 09:35 AM
    I use my laptop for work, but at night it gets less use because I can use the PB for everything else I want to do.
    11-14-11 09:38 AM
    To be honest I'm still getting used to the touchscreen typing. If there's one thing my playbook has taught me, it's that physical keys are a must for my phone.
    FF22, Chrisy and balth like this.
    11-14-11 10:08 AM
    My laptop mostly gathers dust now but I still have to use it for a few things.

It was alluded to earlier and I too love the "swipe and it's on".
    11-14-11 10:18 AM
    PB has replaced my laptop at home for web browsing, e-mail & streaming video through my theatre projector.

50/50 laptop and PB use on work road trips & service calls... we use some specialized communication apps that are Windows only. More work use now that I've sideloaded Android RDP and telnet apps for OS 2 beta and can use them in remote locations through tethering with my Torch
    11-14-11 10:54 AM
    still the same usage for me. this will probably change when and if os 2.0 is released. but for now i find it more comfortable to do all the stuff on my full hd screen with a mouse and real keyboard (e.g. can't imagine checking my corporate webmail on a 7" screen). boot up time is not a problem for me either. i can wait 25-30 secs for my laptop to be usable.

however, the playbook is good for checking the weather and doing some light surfing on a couch or when carrying the laptop is not feasible.
    11-14-11 11:00 AM
    The only time I really use my laptop these days is to do some light photo editing. It'd be nice to have some version of Photoshop on the PB.
    11-14-11 11:34 AM
    i still use my desktop pc the most.
    11-14-11 12:02 PM
    I use the pb for playing games, listening to music, web browsing etc, but when i need to type anything up i still prefer an actual keyboard. Can't type as fast on a screen. Wish I could get swype for the playbook *goes to send the swype people an email*
    11-14-11 01:26 PM
    I only use my laptop to download torrents, they come out with an app like that for the PlayBook and my laptop will be fully retired.
    11-14-11 02:23 PM
    Laptop now mostly stays at work and my Playbook comes with me everywhere. Browsing wherever and whenever I want is awesome. Important files are kept in Box or Dropbox. Movies are downloaded to Playbook for traveling. (Sitting in my kitchen, watching Family Guy and typing this on my Playbook.) I freakin' love this thing and can't wait for 2.0!
    11-14-11 04:18 PM
    I have a desktop, laptop and PB. Ever since i bought the PB the laptop is collecting dust, but i use my desktop for paying bills, photo editing etc. Would love to see some free photo editing software on PB. Ahhhhh I just love my PB!!!!!!!!!
    11-14-11 06:11 PM
    I have said it in other posts. My son hijacked my laptop, and it was 2 weeks before I knew it.

/Just needs better quality navigation, and the Torch will never leave my pocket.
    11-14-11 06:40 PM
    I have two laptops (no desktop) at home, along with the PB. One laptop sits idle, the other laptop (bigger screen) for shopping, paying bills, and Crackberry.
    PB for surfing web, reading books and news and anything else that I can.

Right now I can not use the PB for work, as they do not have a cloud for retreiving files, or the ability to access my work PC from home.

But I really love my PB and it's right here by my side with my phone.
    11-14-11 06:50 PM
    Laptop if on the move, the PB provides nothing for me in it's current form.

Laptop for real email where I can send files effortlessly, photo shoots (using screen as a virtual viewfinder), slide shows for prospective customers, store my received files on the harddrive etc

PB to watch movies... alas nothing else really.
    11-14-11 06:52 PM
    The only time I really use my laptop these days is to do some light photo editing. It'd be nice to have some version of Photoshop on the PB.
    That would be great... considering ADOBE are in bed with RIM to an extent in the DEV of this... I'm surprised there is no such app.

Adobe released a few design apps out to the Ipad.
    11-14-11 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD