The USB port on my wife's PlayBook has broken. I told her it would, but she wouldn't listen....

She doesn't want to carry another charger around, is there an adaptor that allows you to plug a micro-usb charger into the rapid charge connection? I'm not sure about the voltages, so this may be nonsense, but worth a try.

Thanks

Andrew
    01-27-14 07:38 AM
    Sorry, but without getting the usb port repaired, the rapid charger is your only option.
    01-27-14 07:41 AM
    There is a magnetic charging port as well. You'll need the quick charger to go along with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 07:41 AM
    The USB port on my wife's PlayBook has broken. I told her it would, but she wouldn't listen....

She doesn't want to carry another charger around, is there an adaptor that allows you to plug a micro-usb charger into the rapid charge connection? I'm not sure about the voltages, so this may be nonsense, but worth a try.

Thanks

Andrew
    The magnetic charger port uses 12 volts.
    01-27-14 08:25 AM
    15 bucks at Amazon, the Rapid Travel Charger, and just swap that charger for the OEM micro usb charger, not another, just a different charger, at will charge faster.........;.

c
    01-27-14 08:45 AM
    So, reading all this, can I get a USB charger adaptor for the rapid charge port? I want to use that port from my in car power socket.
    Could I simply wire up a USB plug to the cable with the 3 point connector on the end?
    09-19-14 02:28 PM
    15 bucks at Amazon, the Rapid Travel Charger, and just swap that charger for the OEM micro usb charger, not another, just a different charger, at will charge faster.........;.

c
    I'm assuming by 'another' the OP means his wife does not want to carry a separate charger for the Playbook, she wants to use the same one she uses for her phone.

Unfortunately I don't see an option short of repairing the USB port though.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 02:42 PM
    So, reading all this, can I get a USB charger adaptor for the rapid charge port? I want to use that port from my in car power socket.
    Could I simply wire up a USB plug to the cable with the 3 point connector on the end?
    The magnetic charger port is 12v, a USB is 5V, so no you cannot adapt a USB charger to the magnetic port.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:25 PM