I bought 3 used PlayBooks for my youth center a few months back. Just as I finally got the youth organized and motivated to partake in a media program that would have them taking photos, shooting vidos and creating music for community montages, my ***** co-worker jammed the charger wire into one of them upside down. The port is now non-functional. I've read about the rapid charger for charging, but with the USB port broken, is there any way besides putting her head through a wall that I can transfer files to a computer and vice versa, or side load apps and games?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:36 PM
    you can sideload apps via chrome. I have done it that way for quite a while
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-04-13 09:42 PM
    You can enable Wifi sharing on the PB and then open the pb like a folder or drive.

Tap the Gear on the Main screen. Look along the left and select Storage/Sharing. Enable file and wif sharing on the right.

Then on a computer enter something along the lines of:

\\192.168.1.164\media

where the ip address would be different for your pb.

Similarly for Chrome sideloading you'd install Playbook App Manager or similar into Chrome as an add-in.

But also, look into the port and maybe you can GENTLY pry the connector board back into position using a non-metallic implement or toothpick.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-04-13 09:59 PM
    Sideload ES file explorer using Chrome plugin and you can move files to share drives on you PC and not have to pull files from your PC. Oh and of course the quick charger.

Posted via CB10
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-04-13 10:10 PM
    I bought 3 used PlayBooks for my youth center a few months back. Just as I finally got the youth organized and motivated to partake in a media program that would have them taking photos, shooting vidos and creating music for community montages, my ***** co-worker jammed the charger wire into one of them upside down. The port is now non-functional. I've read about the rapid charger for charging, but with the USB port broken, is there any way besides putting her head through a wall that I can transfer files to a computer and vice versa, or side load apps and games?

Posted via CB10
    Putting in the charger wire upside down is a mistake that too often occurs. Some have suggested putting a dab of nail polish on the side that is supposed to go up which is the side with the Blackberry logo. See manual available on line if you have not already got it.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-04-13 10:16 PM
    Thanks for all the responses! I currently use Chrome for sideloading, so I'll do it over wifi!

I've tried prying the the plug down, but it's a no go.

Again, thanks everyone!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 05:20 AM
    Just wanted to follow up to let those who helped know that I ordered two rapid chargers, which arrived, and work like butter.

Wifi file transfers work great with my laptop, as does sideloading with Google Chrome. All in all, problems rectified.

Thanks again everyone!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Bobert_123 like this.
    07-09-13 05:09 PM
    I just wi-fi sideloaded a list of apps and games onto 5 PlayBooks simultaneously, while downloading Sketch with Friends onto all of them. I AM GOD HERE.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-13 03:12 PM
    I just wi-fi sideloaded a list of apps and games onto 5 PlayBooks simultaneously, while downloading Sketch with Friends onto all of them. I AM GOD HERE.
    Nice work sir.

Too bad RIM wasn't able to see the potential in this device.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-13 03:38 PM