So, like many of you I am waiting for today's update on tablets and I would love hear that the playbook is getting BB10, the bridge is coming back as designed, apps are being updated, etc. But...

...what if the news is that all of those things WILL be available on a new Playbook? Who would buy into it?

I, for one, would buy a new one that restored all of the things I loved about the original before I bought my z10. Since I bought the z10, I rarely use the Playbook and still miss the larger screen, so, if the option was to get it all back (and more) I would!

Anyone else?
    05-15-13 07:23 AM
    Fully agree! I love my PlayBook but since I got the Z10 I mainly use my tablet to surf the web.

If only we could have the BlackBerry World video store on the PlayBook, the new BB10 apps currently only available for Z10 on it (Skype, BBM with video chat, blackberry travel and protect) then I would use it more again!

I feel BlackBerry has abandoned the PlayBook and left us out in the cold! 2 million plus playbooks sold: 2 million users left out of the new BB10 experience. That's not good marketing! At least let us know what is in store for us! Not impressed!

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    05-15-13 07:29 AM
    but, would you spend money to get the functionality back?

I hear a lot entitlement like gimmie, gimmie, gimmie and how we were abandoned. But, face it, BBRY is in business to make money. The isheep BUY a new ithing every 6 months to get new functions.

Would you?
    05-15-13 07:39 AM
    No i would not buy a new one.
    05-15-13 07:42 AM
    Ill buy another BlackBerry product after the promised BB10 update hits my PlayBooks. Until then I won't even look at another BB device.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Cynycl, JeepBB, SEAWARRIOR and 5 others like this.
    05-15-13 07:48 AM
    No I wouldn't buy a new playbook from BBRY because I don't believe they can be trusted on anything anymore.

The important words in the above statement is 'believe' and 'trusted' - and when you loose belief and trust in a product or company then the games up.

I now think the PB is dead - my local currys have taken them off the shelves today and they are �99 for a 64gb version on their online store.

Thorsten Heins - take a bow - there is now no future in BBRY tablets - so you are indeed great at predicting the future .
    05-15-13 08:03 AM
    Hell no......
    05-15-13 08:18 AM
    I guess that's the answer on BB10 for playbook , why would BBRY invest is there is no return-
    05-15-13 08:22 AM
    Because they promised to do so
    jope28, BB_Bmore, JeepBB and 4 others like this.
    05-15-13 08:41 AM
    The product being offered needs to meet the needs of my work. If they execute like 2011, not interested. I have three phones and two playbook tablets that will require updating and I await the direction of BB to be clarified before I make a choice
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-15-13 09:02 AM
    I agree that if they drop their promise of existing PlayBooks getting the BB10 update, in whatever full or limited form, I wouldn't be too interested in getting another PB tablet if they released a newer, upgraded one featuring BB10 all on its own. That defies what they stated for their customers instead of simply deciding to issue a statement last year, or even before the Z10 BB10 initial launch, that existing BB tablets would remain on 2.1. Apple and Google do it for their respective OS's, so it's not like it would have been totally shocking and would not have left us all wanting and in the dark. That would have at least cleared the way for a clean BB10 launch on new hardware instead of trying to be backward compatible.

Good chain of thought to spark debate though, whatever the given temperature
    05-15-13 09:19 AM
    I would not buy another one because that means they are still not to be trusted with what they say. My next phone also would not be a bb. Simple as that. After 2+ years of hearing blah blah I'll be done for good. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
    BB_Bmore, SEAWARRIOR and JeepBB like this.
    05-15-13 09:28 AM
    While I like the OP's spunk I am more than certain there will be NO NEW pb or tablet of either 7" or 10" from Rim. Maybe there will be one of those large phone, phalets devices but I can assure you that I don't want one of those. Too large for my daily life as a phone and too small to be a large screen view of the world. I am not carrying a phablet to the opera nor when I hike or bike or cross-country ski and during daily life. And those are not the times that I carry a tablet either. Time and place for everything.

And while Thor may be right that in 5 long years (or SOON in rim's time keeping method) there will be no tablets, someone will be selling them between now and then. But if there's really no money in them (other than Apple and Amazon with its product tie-ins), then it makes sense for rim to abandon that market.
    BB_Bmore and JeepBB like this.
    05-15-13 09:38 AM
    So, what I am reading is that "IF" BBRY does an upgrade on the current Playbook to BB10, then everyone would be happy?!?

We all know there is a debate on if the Playbook hardware can handle 10 or not. If the upgrade comes and is less than the performance of the z10; acceptable or no?

So, how happy? Happy enough to buy a replacement with upgraded features and performance?

Discuss
    05-15-13 09:52 AM
    At its current price, you could buy it and use it only as a portable media player/streamer and it would still be worth it. But it can still do so much more than play media, and for that reason it's a great buy (in my humble opinion).
    05-15-13 09:54 AM
    So, what I am reading is that "IF" BBRY does an upgrade on the current Playbook to BB10, then everyone would be happy?!?

We all know there is a debate on if the Playbook hardware can handle 10 or not. If the upgrade comes and is less than the performance of the z10; acceptable or no?

So, how happy? Happy enough to buy a replacement with upgraded features and performance?

Discuss
    I don't think I can count how many times I've heard/read from people at BBRY that the current pb will be getting BB10. If they had any idea it would not run well in some form or fashion they should not be making the claims. Again, I will not buy another piece of equipment from them if it does not. If they do a crappy job of it and it runs like crap I will not buy another anything from them period. So will I be happy if they just do and it sucks, no I'll be infinitely more pizzed at them.

This is how consumers tell them enough is enough just like they did with legacy phones.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-15-13 10:26 AM
    At this point I hope we can at least get the bb10 browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:28 AM
    BB10 browser, BB10 app store with movies, blackberry protect, blackberry maps and BBM with video chat - if they gave us that for the current version of the PlayBook then i'd be happy!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:54 AM
    BB10 browser, BB10 app store with movies, blackberry protect, blackberry maps and BBM with video chat - if they gave us that for the current version of the PlayBook then i'd be happy!

Posted via CB10
    You know I would be too if they never said it would be getting BB10. It's too late for me for that now.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-15-13 11:17 AM
    I'd be happy with just a browser update and bridge restored. It's a well built tablet for what I paid for it, and generally serves the purpose that I need, but knowing what I know now, I might have looked elsewhere. I'm not a heavy user of apps, but it's obvious that there haven't been many efforts to keep current apps up to date. Even Kalemsoft Media player hasn't been updated in a while (which was receiving regular updates). It's obvious that the platform has been abandoned somewhat, which is a little unfortunate. A stripped down bb10 would at least allow apps development to come back to the PB, but by now I've somewhat given up hope. I'll be happy to see a big update to the platform, but it just appears that it's been dropped.
    05-15-13 11:56 AM
    So, like many of you I am waiting for today's update on tablets and I would love hear that the playbook is getting BB10, the bridge is coming back as designed, apps are being updated, etc. But...

...what if the news is that all of those things WILL be available on a new Playbook? Who would buy into it?
    No, sorry put two years into this PB, with no real support from Rim,
    I, for one, would buy a new one that restored all of the things I loved about the original before I bought my z10. Since I bought the z10, I rarely use the Playbook and still miss the larger screen, so, if the option was to get it all back (and more) I would!

Anyone else?
    05-15-13 12:03 PM
    Couldn't pay me to buy anymore. In typical rim fashion aka blackberry they screwed their customers again.

It was a good device but the lack of real updates from the get go. It was on life support. Vague soon, avoiding questions nothing has changed with Thor.

He's just a ring leader of the circus that's Blackberry.
    SEAWARRIOR, JeepBB and chaosdivine like this.
    05-15-13 12:10 PM
    Couldn't pay me to buy anymore. In typical rim fashion aka blackberry they screwed their customers again.

It was a good device but the lack of real updates from the get go. It was on life support. Vague soon, avoiding questions nothing has changed with Thor.

He's just a ring leader of the circus that's Blackberry.
    totally agree, so loved the PB, but from the begging its waite it coming. waited for two years for one thing or an other. time to move on and leave BB behind.
    05-15-13 12:16 PM
    F*** No....
    05-15-13 01:02 PM
    I am very impressed with the new OS 10 system. The Z10 has been fabulous to use and BlackBerry has done some wise corporate moves. I just can't see them not updating the tablet. It still works great and the graphics are fabulous. I wish that the bridge integrated like the old OS 7 phones did, however.
    I am a fan of ported apps and love Koz's GoodEReader. Weather Channel, PageOnce, Latitude, Kindle, and Epocrates make my life easier and run wonderfully on HTML 5 format. (QNX).
    Come on guys. We don't need a new tablet. Just update 3.0 BB 10!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-15-13 10:46 PM
33 12