Hey i just a got a playbook with a cracked screen and the screen it pretty unresponsive. when i touch it, it usually doesnt work or sometimes it touches something else that i didnt want to touch and goes to it. I am going to order a new digitizer and fix myself however for the time being can i pair my bluetooth mouse somehow obviously without the touchscreen? Please reply! PS(some people have cracked their screen but the touch still works how come this is not the case? extra pressure?)
    05-23-12 10:50 AM
    ANY ideas guys? Even if the answer is 'no' just tell me. And anyone know why the touch isn't working properly?
    05-24-12 02:26 AM
    No. You would have to initiate the pairing with the PB or at least accept the connection.

I don't know why the touch doesn't work. It may depend on the location and severity of the crack(s).
    05-24-12 02:44 AM
    Thanks, well i just ordered a digitizer and opened my playbook and seperated the digitizer from the bezel (no heatgun), it wasn't as hard as some people said in other threads! Well the digitizer will come in about 9 days...Thanks though...Took a few pictures as well

Oh and btw the cracks went all the way up to the lines(solders i think) in the digitizer around the edge so I think that was why it wasnt working properly...
    05-24-12 01:14 PM
    Thanks, well i just ordered a digitizer and opened my playbook and seperated the digitizer from the bezel (no heatgun), it wasn't as hard as some people said in other threads! Well the digitizer will come in about 9 days...Thanks though...Took a few pictures as well

Oh and btw the cracks went all the way up to the lines(solders i think) in the digitizer around the edge so I think that was why it wasnt working properly...
    I think the hard part will be gluing the new digitizer onto the old frame, in such a precise way that it all fits back together again. I have a single 2-inch hairline fracture on my screen, which hasn't yet affected its operation, but I am ready to undertake a similar fix, though I will likely buy the digitizer already attached to a new frame.

Let us know how your fix goes!
    05-24-12 01:43 PM
    I think the hard part will be gluing the new digitizer onto the old frame, in such a precise way that it all fits back together again. I have a single 2-inch hairline fracture on my screen, which hasn't yet affected its operation, but I am ready to undertake a similar fix, though I will likely buy the digitizer already attached to a new frame.

Let us know how your fix goes!
    I live in London so the only place for digitizers was ebay and there was none with bezel on ebay. anyway... i didn't emove the rubber around the screen, so the fit should be snug and it should guide me. hopefully it will be ok.. #i will update and post pics once its fixed Back to exams for now...
    05-24-12 02:10 PM
    What type of adhesive holds the screen on the frame? Did it remain on the frame?
    05-24-12 02:21 PM
    What type of adhesive holds the screen on the frame? Did it remain on the frame?
    It seemed like double sided tape
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-24-12 04:29 PM
    05-25-12 01:24 AM
    I'm thinking of PH-TOU-BB-062 Touch Screen Digitizer with Frame for BlackBerry PlayBook digitizer with frame for $51.50 plus shipping.

Don't know anything about the vendor though
    05-25-12 10:48 PM
    I have a screen that has a hairline crack and is unresponsible on all the screen. I can access the content of the tablet but cannot get into to carry out other functions. I will have to resort to selling, which is unfortunate. How can the tablet be reformatted or restored to factory defauls from a Windows PC (Windows 8)?
    08-05-14 08:39 AM
    08-05-14 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD