Leibniz might have disagreed...
    how good is calculus with algebra
    PlayBook - Unlocking Bootloader Possible [Project]-c1c8e029fc2bca0aaa6211885343463a.png
    its in 300 AD al jabar (my bad with horrible spelling please dont kill me for my bad grammar and spellings:-D ) an arabic mathematician who came across algebra and algebra gave hope to other form of math.
    this you didnt know i guess ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    okay i fail once again. yayyyyyyyyyyy!
    07-09-13 05:48 AM
    we got one more leads.
    reverse engineering is always way too much fun.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ml#post8790247
    happy reading.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 09:25 AM
    we got one more leads.
    reverse engineering is always way too much fun.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ml#post8790247
    happy reading.
    thanks!
    -paul
    I hope after you successfully did what you did for the playbook, you release a how to book for the dummies like I. Because I have not one clue what the heck you are doing!! And I do mean kindergarden level how to instructions.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-09-13 09:27 AM
    I hope after you successfully did what you did for the playbook, you release a how to book for the dummies like I. Because I have not one clue what the heck you are doing!! And I do mean kindergarden level how to instructions.
    i would consider that request like placing a gun against my head and then blackmailing me and also side by side kidnapping me.
    what i hate most is drafting. like what you asked for. my work is always zig zag and only techies understand what i say. and 99% done, even if i keep it bare minimum simple.
    i would ask those many users who waste tonnes of minutes fighting to help me draft a final paper of my work. i am horrible in documentation, since school. i can write a whole math paper in one sheet. but ask me to explain what i wrote i will faint.
    there are many god artistic and articulate people like F2, Sad_Old_Man, Baracudda and Synerworks, and many more. they can make the process simpler. because i indeed seriously suck in doing the documentation work. and like the thumb rule. all coders are idiots, pure 100% ******** idiots when it comes to documentation and they fear it most than anything else.
    i wish someone could help me document and make a proper edited document which people find easy to understand, i totally suck in that field. writing documentation. and i am not ashamed to admit it.
    all i can do is get and pile up the info. someone can write the document. that will be a great help!
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. i got about 8 employers, and all of them ask what you ask. "ENGLISH PLEASE" so i mail their assistant who has the basic idea and info of what i am talking about. :-s i wish i could help. but its not me who can help, someone else who has a good writing skills can help you more than me. ask others to help me.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 09:35 AM
    i would consider that request like placing a gun against my head and then blackmailing me and also side by side kidnapping me.
    what i hate most is drafting. like what you asked for. my work is always zig zag and only techies understand what i say. and 99% done, even if i keep it bare minimum simple.
    i would ask those many users who waste tonnes of minutes fighting to help me draft a final paper of my work. i am horrible in documentation, since school. i can write a whole math paper in one sheet. but ask me to explain what i wrote i will faint.
    there are many god artistic and articulate people like F2, Sad_Old_Man, Baracudda and Synerworks, and many more. they can make the process simpler. because i indeed seriously suck in doing the documentation work. and like the thumb rule. all coders are idiots, pure 100% ******** idiots when it comes to documentation and they fear it most than anything else.
    i wish someone could help me document and make a proper edited document which people find easy to understand, i totally suck in that field. writing documentation. and i am not ashamed to admit it.
    all i can do is get and pile up the info. someone can write the document. that will be a great help!
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. i got about 8 employers, and all of them ask what you ask. "ENGLISH PLEASE" so i mail their assistant who has the basic idea and info of what i am talking about. :-s i wish i could help. but its not me who can help, someone else who has a good writing skills can help you more than me. ask others to help me.
    Fair enough, we have enough people here probably will be able to do that.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-09-13 11:05 AM
    As a programmer in a former life, much former, no body liked documentation - what a pain!
    07-09-13 03:55 PM
    I really feel the pain. I have invited machinery and processes than astound people and I have lectured all over the world but ask me to write one paragraph on what I have done all my life and I can't. Winston Churchill had dyslexia and was the same way. Good company I think.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-09-13 09:26 PM
    Only 100 signatures on the petition...I wonder if Playbooks are becoming glorified doorstops. I would love android on this great piece of hardware.

I was close to buying a Q10 when I saw the announcement about the Playbook being abandoned by BB. Still on the fence, but I would be more inclined to buy a Q10 if I knew that someday dev's could brew their own OS and get more life out the phone! (In case the stockmarket nay sayers are right).
    07-20-13 09:44 AM
    What's your progress Paul (quackquack147 didn't seem appropriate to address you)? Any new news on where you have reached in the process thus far?
    07-20-13 01:31 PM
    What's your progress Paul (quackquack147 didn't seem appropriate to address you)? Any new news on where you have reached in the process thus far?
    paul will be back on monday, it wouod be best to ask then.
    07-20-13 08:08 PM
    Oh well.
    07-20-13 10:01 PM
    Nope
    His vacations got extended.
    07-21-13 11:26 AM
    I wonder if Playbooks are becoming glorified doorstops
    I sincerely doubt it, the Playbook simply is too flat.

For a decent doorstop I'd use a Sinclair ZX81
    or a similar "home computer" from the early eighties.
    07-21-13 11:40 AM
    Is there just one person working on this?
    07-21-13 12:13 PM
    Add me 101 now

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    07-21-13 12:17 PM
    What happened to the thread? I don't want it to die!
    Has suddenly everyone lost interest now? No posts since Saturday!
    jkomo001 likes this.
    07-25-13 08:58 AM
    have you succeeded in deleting the bootloader and installing another os to the play booK?
    07-28-13 02:16 PM
    As the name suggests quack. Zero videos, zero pictures, no proof of anything. Just bs air on the progress or lack there of. I doubt he even owns a soldering iron let alone can jtag the chip.

Take it to Black Hat they could break into it easily..
    07-28-13 04:42 PM
    i am not unlocking it. i am wiping it clean. i know how to do it with hardware jigs like jtag (buffered [fast jtagging], unbuffered (slow jtagging) and buspirate and busblaster and logic sniffer and lastly icepick (which i dont have, i dont mind someone donating me an icepick, its the fastest 2 wire jtag) and also 3.3v serial).
    we can crack the rsa 128 bit. but if its more than rsa 192 or 256 then tough luck, bruteforce is not possible with my limited resource, we need 1000's of quad core cpu running 24/7/365 to crack it and dont know for how long.
    which leaves me with no choice but to try and hit the nail hard in the head. its a dirty job and as usual like everytime i love the dirty jobs and always gets my hands dirty.
    howarmat, i hope you understood now.
    yes its possible, with hardware, software its real tough. we are trying to find other methods. and once i got jtag then i first backup, then wipe, then restore and then i will start to attack the foundation aka system calls. so this is not happening in one day or a week. min 3 weeks max 5-6 weeks.
    and i guess not more than than, since once we get the jtag we can shake up the foundation, piece of cake! ;-) got it?
    got more doubts? spit rapid fire your questions.
    hope this helps!
    thanks!
    -paul
    Hi Sir If you are successful I promise I'll donate to you.But why are you banned ?
    Also Sir if you are gonna unlock the tab how are we are to follow it.We don't have all the jtag stuff?
    Last edited by crackberry9898; 10-16-13 at 11:24 PM.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    10-16-13 11:13 PM
    Well. It would be rather evident that Paul was just another quack job.
    08-12-14 03:48 PM
    From his response it sounded pretty evident he was not going to release any how to do it document as writing is not just cup of tea. Does not mean he is a quack job. Doing and writing about it especially tech writing 2 very different things.

And extreme case was Einstein. As he worked an assistant was assigned to document every move and note as he would without thinking about it erase the board to get more writing space and then have no idea what he had done to document his worlk. If not for the assistant we's have virtually nothing from him or his work.
    08-12-14 05:27 PM
    From his response it sounded pretty evident he was not going to release any how to do it document as writing is not just cup of tea. Does not mean he is a quack job. Doing and writing about it especially tech writing 2 very different things.

And extreme case was Einstein. As he worked an assistant was assigned to document every move and note as he would without thinking about it erase the board to get more writing space and then have no idea what he had done to document his worlk. If not for the assistant we's have virtually nothing from him or his work.

You give the guy too much credit.

The Playbook has an OMAP4 SOC. One of the features of the OMAP4 Soc is a read-only bootloader called a Mask ROM. This BootRom is etched as read only and cannot be changed.

stackoverflow.com/questions/15665052/what-is-the-difference-between-a-bootrom-vs-bootloader-on-arm-systems

It was a fool's errand.

Given how little he seem to actually grasp what he was talking about and how quickly he disappeared, everywhere, even from the blogspot site that was supposed to detail everything... yeah, I'd have to say he was way in over his head.
    08-12-14 11:30 PM
    Have any of you guys given any thought to using Priv to get Android on Playbook?
    I'm assuming the bootloader and the OS are both signed by BB. So maybe the Android off of Priv could be ported over, perhaps the bootloader could too. I'm too dumb to attempt this on my own.
    11-05-15 06:19 PM
    I think is somehow possible to modify boot loader or NVRAM - if we update our playbook using OS 10.2.0 we have added on blockilst orginal one OS 2.1
    11-09-15 06:41 AM
99 ... 234