This morning before I went to sleep I was on my PlayBook, when I got sleepy I decided to put it under my pillow. I woke up like six hours later, and when I got it from under my pillow of it was SOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!! But what I wanna know is this dangerous to do? By the way it was in Standby mode.
    06-04-12 09:11 PM
    Yes, you could crush it. It could fall off the bed onto something sharp ike a bedrail. You could drool on it.

Be more careful man!
    bungaboy, pinkert11 and wavin like this.
    06-04-12 09:32 PM
    Do you regularly sleep in a place where the tablet might be stolen while you sleep? I am surprised you didn't wake up in the morning with a growth on the external surface of your skull.
    06-04-12 09:39 PM
    I love my Playbook too, but I don't hide it under my pillow.
    Mami56 and wavin like this.
    06-04-12 09:59 PM
    How many computers did you connect it to?

Seriously mate, you need a bedside table. Does the job for me and I have two kids who race in at horrid hours of the morning to bounce on the bed and wake my wife and I up.
    wavin likes this.
    06-04-12 10:19 PM
    Wet dreams could be hazardous to your playbook.
    homer1475 and dave1701 like this.
    06-04-12 10:23 PM
    Taking it back to the serious (but the other replies are certainly welcome and entertaining) - what was the battery power like if it was running that hot. Unless you use electric blankets, sheets or pillowcases, it should not exceed body temperature. What's the combustion point of down feathers?

Do you use native email? Do you have it on Manual sync?
    06-04-12 10:44 PM
    Also the battery so drained when I woke up, it was like on 17%. The funny thing was before I fell asleep it was on 90%.
    06-04-12 10:46 PM
    Do you regularly sleep in a place where the tablet might be stolen while you sleep? I am surprised you didn't wake up in the morning with a growth on the external surface of your skull.
    No, lol. Sometimes I'm just too lazy too put it somewhere else.
    06-04-12 10:48 PM
    But I just don't understand is how can it get soo hot, is it suffocating under the pillow?
    06-04-12 10:50 PM
    But I just don't understand is how can it get soo hot, is it suffocating under the pillow?

All electronics get hot under use. Putting something hot in something hot is just a bad combination.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-04-12 11:02 PM
    All electronics get hot under use. Putting something hot in something hot is just a bad combination.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    Lol, I thought they get cold.
    06-04-12 11:40 PM
    Again, do you Native Email? If so, do you use Manual Sync? Manual sync is buggy and can cause the type of battery drain and heat generation you've seen.

Also, what material is your pillow/sheet - maybe the constant pressure and material kept the pb on all night!
    06-05-12 12:55 AM
    Again, do you Native Email? If so, do you use Manual Sync? Manual sync is buggy and can cause the type of battery drain and heat generation you've seen.

Also, what material is your pillow/sheet - maybe the constant pressure and material kept the pb on all night!
    06-05-12 12:55 AM

What's native email, most likely no.

Cotton.
    06-05-12 01:03 AM
    A Pb has cooling vents does it not ?

Laptops have been known to reach a ignition point when theirs are covered !

You're just lucky you did not wake up with your bedding on fire or at the very least some degree of burns !!

imho

nite-nite !!
    06-05-12 01:04 AM
    Whoever tucks you in is being negligent.
    06-05-12 06:29 AM
    Sounds to me like something was running. A game or a video playing. Maybe you were sleepbooking.
    If I lay my PB on fabric and play a video for a hour or so it gets fairly hot. Adding a pillow to the top would only increase the temperature.
    06-05-12 06:50 AM
    This morning before I went to sleep I was on my PlayBook, when I got sleepy I decided to put it under my pillow. I woke up like six hours later, and when I got it from under my pillow of it was SOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!! But what I wanna know is this dangerous to do? By the way it was in Standby mode.
    I would be more worried by having a wireless device so close to you brain for hours on end.
    06-05-12 07:07 AM
    The playbook is like your body. It generates heat which is often negligible when naked. When you cover it up so the heat gets trapped in you loose the air transferring the heat.

I have though of a simple workaround for this heat transfer phenomenon. Place the playbook on your nightstand.
    06-05-12 07:24 AM
    We're things open when you woke up? Could the heat and head pressure rolling around open things? As chadface mentioned you may have been sleep booking.
    06-05-12 07:47 AM
    I admit, I do this on more than one occasion.

I use my Playbook as an e-reader. And when I read, I do marathon sessions where I keep giong till the book flops over and smacks me in the face.

At that point I usually just put the thing down beside my pillow cause i'm too tired to think of anything better to do.

I always make sure it's off though, and the case it's in (folio) is closed. No accidental drooling incidents for me!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-12 07:53 AM
    Cotton.

Native E-mail

bungaboy and TheScionicMan like this.
    06-05-12 08:16 AM
    I admit, I do this on more than one occasion.

I use my Playbook as an e-reader. And when I read, I do marathon sessions where I keep giong till the book flops over and smacks me in the face.

At that point I usually just put the thing down beside my pillow cause i'm too tired to think of anything better to do.

I always make sure it's off though, and the case it's in (folio) is closed. No accidental drooling incidents for me!
    Lol! I do the same thing. Start to nod off and the pb tips forward. Mine makes it to the night stand however.

I'm still wondering if the OP found anything up and running on his pb when he woke up.
    06-05-12 08:21 AM

Cotton.
    It is the NON-bridge mail. You set up the accounts individually to retrieve your mail. Bridge is the one paired with a bb phone.
    06-05-12 10:14 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD