10-29-13 07:49 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    Maybe there is an issue with the pb usb port?
    07-14-13 12:07 PM
    I've a similar problem where the PB will only mount if WiFi is turned off. Very strange. Tried all the above solutions, but to no avail.
    07-14-13 02:58 PM
    I tried F2's last suggestion and I get this:
    "The network location cannot be reached."
    07-15-13 11:08 AM
    No issues with the USB ports. I use the PB's usb port to charge and both ports on the computer work fine.
    07-15-13 11:09 AM
    I can't find the drivers to update anywhere...Can anyone else?
    07-15-13 11:10 AM
    Oops; what I meant was that I could connect to wifi in general, but I can't copy files from my pc to the tablet (nor vice-versa).
    I seem to have updated software, as there are no updates available on the tablet in the "Software Updates" section. One of the first things I did with the PB was to update the OS. Should the driver updates be visible in the "Software Updates" on the PB or should I look for those online somewhere?
    In case this information is relevant: the current OS version I have installed is 2.1.0.1526. The "Blackberry Device Propertes" show : Driver Provider: Research In Motion, Driver Date: 12/21/2012, Driver Version: 4.2.0.19. The "Research In Motion Network Device" properties show: Driver Provider: Research In Motion, Driver Date: 5/5/2011, Driver Version: 2.0.0.29.
    More frustration!
    I had the exact same issue. Fixed it by going to network and sharing centre while playbook was plugged in. right click on the rim network adapter. Click properties. Then click configure. Go to drivers and uninstall them. Remember to tick the delete drivers check box after clicking uninstall. Then uninstall and reinstall ur desktop manager. Restart laptop and playbook. And try connecting again
    10-29-13 07:45 PM
    Hi, my name is Daniel. I just received the 32gb playbook as a gift. I have a Gateway laptop, Windows XP, SP3. I've tried everything previously mentioned on this thread. My issue is the following: when I connect my PB to the laptop, the drivers install, (also I've installed Blackberry Desktop Software, but I think that's irrelevant). The device manager shows this message: "An error occured mounting BlackBerry [Pin: 501BBC14] volumes. Please reconnect your device. [E:0x4CF]". The wifi conncection is crappy, so I don't care about that(though I've tried it as well and it didnt work--transferring files from the pc to the pb, that is, not connecting to wifi--that works fine); I just want to be able to transfer files using the usb cable. That message appears after these two: "BlackBerry [Pin: 501BBC14]. Initializing device access." and "BlackBerry PlayBook [Pin: 501BBC14]. Initializing storage volume access." I've tried uninstalling/installing/rebooting everything many times. In the windows device manager I can see both "Blackberry Device" under "Blackberry" and "Research in Motion Network Device" under "Network Adapters" Any suggestions? Please, someone help; I've been at this forever.
    P.S. This is very frustrating!
    I had the exact same issue. Fixed it by going to network and sharing centre while playbook was plugged in. right click on the rim network adapter. Click properties. Then click configure. Go to drivers and uninstall them. Remember to tick the delete drivers check box after clicking uninstall. Then uninstall and reinstall ur desktop manager. Restart laptop and playbook. And try connecting again
    10-29-13 07:49 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD