I was considering if is it possible to organize a purchasing group in UK using a reliable contact in US or Canada ? The idea is to get the support of someone in one of the two country to use as local shipping address and organize the delivery to UK from there. A good group of UK buyer could share the final oversea delivery cost. Of course, it is required a good contact/friend oversea. Anyone with good contact oversea and interested to the proposal ?

Cheers
    03-30-11 05:51 PM
    I'm hate RIM for such a long wait. June in the UK???? A joke. I less and less want this device. I'm tired of waiting.
    04-03-11 03:20 AM
    btw check ebay or amazon after 19th. It should be plenty of them. Unf pricey.
    04-03-11 03:33 AM
    Wifey is going to the States to visit her brother over Easter. Was thinking of getting brother-in-law to buy one, unbox it and play around with it and give it to her to bring back 'used' looking.

But as she is likely to fold like a house of cards at the first question from Customs at Heathrow, maybe I shouldn't put her through that and just wait till June like everybody else (and pay probably �300 more for the privilege!)
    04-03-11 08:38 AM
    Wifey is going to the States to visit her brother over Easter. Was thinking of getting brother-in-law to buy one, unbox it and play around with it and give it to her to bring back 'used' looking.

But as she is likely to fold like a house of cards at the first question from Customs at Heathrow, maybe I shouldn't put her through that and just wait till June like everybody else (and pay probably �300 more for the privilege!)
    Customs will levy duty on it??
    You guys don't have duty free allowance?
    Indian customs have $700 duty free allowance and they dont bother with cameras, laptops, mobiles etc.
    I'm sure UK would have some duty free allowance, seeing that India inherited their laws from Britain.
    04-03-11 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD