Yesterday's OS update and today's BlackBerry's official Software Support Life Cycle site showing April 2014 will mark the end of support for BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0.x and 2.1.x.The past BlackBerry PlayBook OS 1.0.x went EOL on December 2013.

So today how would you word and open letter to BlackBerry and John Chen concerning the past and future of the PlayBook, the broken promises, the device that had (has) so much potential, Heinz, hopes, dreams and disappointments?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-01-14 01:23 AM
    Well for a start the LAST update has made my PB wifi hang about 20 times in less than 10 hours, constant reboots...lets start there...
    04-01-14 01:41 AM
    I actually love this thing. I am not sure why the no support talk. If it works why not keep it going! Theres some here who seem to have a hard time with everything maybe along side other things like spoons and microwaves. playbook worked great for me and I use this thing lots. More now since facebook chat works and flash is excellent now. I never really visit here only to look up how toos and such, but theres a lot of crying about playbook and honestly its the best working tablet out there and i seen them all im sure. fellow workers who have problems with their tabs from youtube errors, document support, flash/java and im like wow my playbook is like 3 years old going on 4 and the only thing i complain about is facebook chat lol... Fixed now though thanks for the new update and the new update makes my tablet faster and faster loading too. loving the update. Makes me feel good that I have something that works. Oh and no pc for me since I bought this playbook, only miss World of warcraft.
    04-01-14 02:18 AM
    Don't even dream of releasing a new tablet with the enormous amount of bad faith your company has created concerning the PlayBook.
    04-01-14 04:42 AM
    Don't trust them anymore. Expect support for my Z10 to stop in the next year or so too. They promise the world and deliver zilch! Love to be proved wrong, but my gut is telling me othwrwise.

Z10 In action here!
    04-01-14 05:00 AM
    I'd send him a Dear John letter all right if it didn't cost me a dollar to mail it.

Dear John;

My ******* playbook is a piece of **** that doesn't ******* work like i was ******* promised.

somethin like that?
    Last edited by Cynycl; 04-01-14 at 10:06 AM.
    04-01-14 08:32 AM
    Do something great for the Playbook and Playbook owners before ever trying to think of selling another tablet that's one , another , take a second look at your Playbook track record , all the promises all the missed commitments everything in your files that says Playbook reread it and ponder a human honest response to Playbook owners. The Former CEO and you Mr Chen have made Playbook owners promises /commitments that never materialized go look back and issue that human honest press release!
    mh1983 likes this.
    04-01-14 08:51 AM
    well if there really are 2.6 million of them out there it would be a good idea to treat their users well.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    04-01-14 09:54 AM
    Dear Sir, Run. For the sake of your professional standing, RUN!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 10:51 AM
    No more PlayBook updates is not a good sign for BB10 either. Me Chen did not seem that concerned about carrier problems selling BB10 in his recent TV interview if you noticed. CrackBerry are running a piece today about EE in the UK only selling to business customers...well I can tell you now it's not only EE in the UK..
    You'd be hard pushed to find BlackBerry BB10 on display in most UK phone stores! So Mr Chen what's going on?

axllebeer likes this.
    04-01-14 11:53 AM
    Dear Mr Chen.
    Worry about plugging the leaking pie hole under your nose before condemning the rest of us.

Cordially
    BlackBerry addict.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-01-14 11:57 AM
    No more PlayBook updates is not a good sign for BB10 either. Me Chen did not seem that concerned about carrier problems selling BB10 in his recent TV interview if you noticed. CrackBerry are running a piece today about EE in the UK only selling to business customers...well I can tell you now it's not only EE in the UK..
    You'd be hard pushed to find BlackBerry BB10 on display in most UK phone stores! So Mr Chen what's going on?

carphone warehouse seems to be the only place that sell them/ on display. the only place I've seen a z30 so far is in the cex shop......

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-01-14 02:02 PM
    Dear Mr Chen,
    Thank you for believing in BlackBerry and devoting your time,energy and well respected talents to help BlackBerry pull through.

First off, please don't pay too much attention to the vitriol spouted against BlackBerry and it's products - you can only please some of the people some of the time. Second off, in my opinion, BlackBerry has tended to be, over the years, ahead of its time. It takes time for people to accept something that is ahead of its time. I believe it will take time before consumers accept BB10.
    The PlayBook was ahead of its time. Yes it lacked finish when it was launched but today, even at three years old, it is still an amazing tablet. Have you tried video chat? It's awesome! I use my PlayBook(s) daily, 24/7. Didn't have to pay for Microsoft Office in order to edit Word documents, like iPad owners have to. Excellent HD resolution, sound, love the size - I could go on and on but I'm sure you have heard it all before. And with a little R&D investment it could get even better. I don't know what happened to all the Playbooks that were written of. If there is unused stock lying around, get the Playbooks into the hands of consumers - Playbooks introduce people to BlackBerry and suck them in - I speak from experience. And come up with a PlayBook2 asap - prosumers need a tablet to complement their BB10 phones. Don't miss that boat. PLEASE!
    PlayBook UK and anon(4067838) like this.
    04-01-14 07:42 PM

Same here in Australia, only ever seen one Z30 in a Telstra store and even then the sales staff couldn't tell me anything about it.
    04-02-14 03:14 AM
    Same here in Australia, only ever seen one Z30 in a Telstra store and even then the sales staff couldn't tell me anything about it.
    When I picked my Z10 here on day one last year the sales rep looked at me silently with a look of 'why'! In fact when I got my PlayBook before the Z10 the sales rep knew a bit more about the bridge functionality, then BlackBerry screwed that up with BB10. All the carrier stuff points back to one place...BlackBerry Sales and Marketing!! Mr Chen should keep the PlayBook customers happy, who are in essence the 'BlackBerry Evangelists!' and sort out the Marketing and customer relations!!

04-02-14 03:37 AM
    well I start with an ulster font and a 'we know where you live, so we do. Mr Chen'.

they need to get the old playbook up to the software specs of current entry android tablets and flood the entry market with cheap but quality chinese produced playbooks maybe using music as the selling point or even tying it into a known brand like tesco did with the hudl. brackbelly praybook should prove popular. an android bridge for regular phones would also improve usage I reckon. the design is already there and it works so use it. the chinese being the way they are will take that design and up spec it without being asked so just approve it and let it run.
    04-02-14 11:52 AM
    Dear Mr. Chen,

We've got your message loud and clear. And we know that you are really serious when you said that you need to make money.

How much do we need to pay for BB10 upgrade in our PlayBook?

PlayBook User...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:44 PM