The latest BlackBerry Blend Screenshots confirm Blend is a application for Tablet and Desktop. The Application has already been seen running on the PlayBook in 2014 at BlackBerry events. So looks like Bridge development for the PlayBook has halted to be replaced with something far superior based on a similar principle. As the CrackBerry article suggests Android and ios Blend would follow, but for now how would Blend improve your daily PlayBook usage?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-08-14 04:15 AM
    Very important

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook UK and JJStripes like this.
    08-08-14 04:21 AM
    Very important as it give new life to the PlayBook and its usage for me.. I'm really looking forward to this. Many cool things about to happen. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 16GB Playbook
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    08-08-14 04:29 AM
    Would be nice. But the real nice thing about Bridge was the remote control functions, shared storage and notifications/reminders.
    I do not really see Blend working that way, more likely it will just operate on an as-needed basis. So I am not sure if you should compare the two.

Well as long as the Q10/Passport does not support full screen HDMI out (for everything not just for the media player), I will still gladly use my Playbook for mirroring content. And I am sure Blend will look great hooked up to a big screen tv.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    08-08-14 04:34 AM
    Would be nice. But the real nice thing about Bridge was the remote control functions, shared storage and notifications/reminders.
    I do not really see Blend working that way, more likely it will just operate on an as-needed basis. So I am not sure if you should compare the two.

Well as long as the Q10/Passport does not support full screen HDMI out (for everything not just for the media player), I will still gladly use my Playbook for mirroring content. And I am sure Blend will look great hooked up to a big screen tv.

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    I agree with your comments about Bridge. Keeping existing Bridge functionality in place Blend would be a great enhancement to the PlayBook, similar to Bridge connectivity but running as a separate entity.

I think BlackBerry Blend is coming to the PlayBook in preparation to a successor Tablet. The PlayBook will test Blend thoroughly until a successor BlackBerry Tablet arrives, probably late 2015. We've already seen that sort of testing on the PlayBook QNX for BB10. So I say please test these new innovations on my PlayBook... it's ready and waiting!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    08-08-14 04:47 AM
    You're out of your mind if you think blackberry is giving any consideration to the playbook these days.

They're done with it.

Posted via CB10
    PFman and howarmat like this.
    08-08-14 06:39 PM
    I won't know till I try it. I did some research and I can't say with any certainty what it actually does. Will it support my desktop(Linux)? Will it support my playbook? I really doubt it. Sounds like the emperor's new clothes to me.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-08-14 07:03 PM
    Don't use 'bridge' as of this date, so new "Blend" not important to self !

Needs tend to change though
    08-08-14 07:04 PM
    I'd love to see Blend on my Playbook.
    I don't believe it will happen ever.
    But wait, may be it will...along with "some form of compensation" to PB owners promised by some Thorston Heins.
    "Hope springs eternal in a young man's breast..." (A.Price)
    mh1983 likes this.
    08-09-14 11:39 AM
    So what is blend and what does it do?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-09-14 01:26 PM
    Doesn't it depend if it's simply browser based or whether they provide an app at both ends similar to Bridge? If it's the former, that's nothing particularly special at all. If the latter, well that's interesting.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:29 PM
    DrB' ;
    Here are a few news/rumour sound bites;
    BlackBerry Blend | CrackBerry.com
    08-09-14 01:33 PM
    DrB' ;
    Here are a few news/rumour sound bites;
    BlackBerry Blend | CrackBerry.com
    I must conclude that nobody not nda encumbered knows what blend is/does. Jabberwocky!
    08-09-14 01:47 PM
    It is darn important...

But let's face it, the PlayBook is no longer relevant to BlackBerry... it is like an "employee" that has been terminated by the "employer"... and there is nothing we can do about it...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:11 PM
    Anything new I can do with my PB is very important.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:08 PM
    What exactly is blend anyway? Is it like link but just a different name and some different features? Haven't heard much about it is all.
    08-10-14 12:33 AM