03-12-14 10:08 PM
28 12
    I agree about the apps, barely downloaded any on my droid tab. The difference being, it is nice when the apps you do want, just work. If I could get DLNA enabled and NHL Gamecenter working on the playbook, I wouldn't have had reason to try another operating system.

Didn't want to..................Thorberry made me do it
    Chenberry wants you back!
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    03-12-14 08:09 PM
    I do agree with the idea that some updates should be pushed to the PlayBook btw. When you are fighting for market share having as many branded devices in active use as possible helps the brand. With BBOS eol a little over a year and a half away it becomes more important than ever.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:24 PM
    I bought my PB before the announcement of BB10 so, never worried or relied on it as a consideration of.buying the PB. It still does all I initially wanted from it and even more as I have encountered issues limiting my access to my computers. I would like the browser to be a bit more stable and sites to load a might quicker.

Some things I have learned:
    1) Wish the Appworld would list the native apps as such and the Android apps as such. I found most of the Android apps are trash, chewed up resources, demanded I be tracked ot have access to the computer in ways neither needed for the app nor am I willing to allow. I had down loaded a number of them and the unit slowed down, froze, would not release resources, the apps ran in then with not way to kill them and I thought the PB was trash until I deleted all of the downloads and then slowly reinstalled and tested the effects each had. The PB was like new.

I am not as concerned with security updates as maybe I should be. As no one seems bent on exploiting an OS with such a low market share, I suspect we need not worry too much.

If BB were to come out with a new tablet and it was a good as to the specs as this was when introduced and the quality there such as the sound features and screen, I would be interested. Otherwise I will just use it until it is functionally obsolete or dies.

I do wish BB would do something about the battery life and the problems associated with charging and turning when the charge level is very low. These seem the biggest shortcomings the unit really has that should be addressed.
    app_Developer and sad_old_man like this.
    03-12-14 10:08 PM
28 12