Have you guys seen these videos before??

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmJxIuL9LPw[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiwVaqQeegU[/YT]
    kennyliu, chealyjazz and Teeceman like this.
    02-06-12 09:36 PM
    Nice find! Videos must be new, as Angry Birds is in there.

Troubling aspect of the ads:

1. Are these banking and insurance apps available?
    2. Augmented Reality API is not available yet. (See the "fine print" caption in the ad.)

I like the idea of the ads, just not the idea of overselling the tablet if the software isn't there to support the ideas presented.
    02-06-12 09:48 PM
    wow this video awesome man! thanks for sharing
    02-06-12 09:51 PM
    1. Are these banking and insurance apps available?
    Hm.. ya I'm not sure - From the youtube video description, I checked out the Twitter account @BBEMEABusiness which looks like it could be RIM's EMEA twitter account.. and it links back to BlackBerry Business Solutions - Software & Services - BlackBerry UK ..... which has a promotional video for the RBS app (Royal Bank of Scotland).... and I searched App World - the RBS app does exist and from the description and screenshots, it does things similar to stuff shown in these UK videos.. so.. I don't know - maybe

2. Augmented Reality API is not available yet. (See the "fine print" caption in the ad.)
    heh.. ya... It's good to at least dream. Think of Star Trek and the idea of "communicators"
    cbvinh likes this.
    02-06-12 09:56 PM
    I'm really impressed with these UK ads. Obviously RIM has been putting more marketing power into the European market and neglecting North America...

I haven't seen a single PlayBook ad on television since the PB first launched. Though I have seen the new Bold 'Tools, not toys' ad just this weekend.
    02-06-12 10:50 PM
    Nice find! Videos must be new, as Angry Birds is in there.

Troubling aspect of the ads:

I like the idea of the ads, just not the idea of overselling the tablet if the software isn't there to support the ideas presented.
    AR is just around the corner and I can prove it!

Software support for the magnetometer is in the current NDK and is available for OS2. Air apps require an Native component (which I am currently working on). This will be ready for my astronomy app shortly after OS2 launch.

In the meantime, my app is already an official "Augmented Reality" app by virtue of some jiggery-pokery that allows it to access the internal compass chip using a pure ActionScript driver.
    Korepab and cbvinh like this.
    02-06-12 10:54 PM
    AR is just around the corner and I can prove it!

Software support for the magnetometer is in the current NDK and is available for OS2. Air apps require an Native component (which I am currently working on). This will be ready for my astronomy app shortly after OS2 launch.

In the meantime, my app is already an official "Augmented Reality" app by virtue of some jiggery-pokery that allows it to access the internal compass chip using a pure ActionScript driver.
    Now that it has some jiggery-pokery in it, I'm definitely going to ditch the trial version and get the full-fledged one
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    02-06-12 10:57 PM
    Just watched the videos - I like them!
    Looks like they are running OS 1.x.
    02-06-12 11:05 PM
    Is it interesting that the 2nd ad involved wireless communication with the tv screen?
    02-06-12 11:07 PM
    These vid's are awesome!
    02-06-12 11:07 PM
    I'm really impressed with these UK ads. Obviously RIM has been putting more marketing power into the European market and neglecting North America...

I haven't seen a single PlayBook ad on television since the PB first launched. Though I have seen the new Bold 'Tools, not toys' ad just this weekend.
    Where have you been? PlayBook was all over TV last year with those stupid flash gordon ads, for example. To me, these videos actually seem very old - from before the launch. There's a lot of stuff in there that never came to be. The apps and UI action you see in them seem to be the product of a montage and superimposed - the equivalent of 'photo-shopping' video. That's just me....and I could be wrong.
    02-06-12 11:10 PM
    Just watched the videos - I like them!
    Looks like they are running OS 1.x.
    Not really, look at the on screen keyboard. I think it's just a mock up UI.
    02-06-12 11:18 PM
    Not really, look at the on screen keyboard. I think it's just a mock up UI.
    Agreed - that's what I said above. If you look at the system date on the PB closely you see 'Wed Jul 2011' - don't even think it has the day of the month! The whole thing is just an animation. Any idea of when these came out OP?
    02-06-12 11:21 PM
    Agreed - that's what I said above. If you look at the system date on the PB closely you see 'Wed Jul 2011' - don't even think it has the day of the month! The whole thing is just an animation. Any idea of when these came out OP?
    These are pretty recent. Posted by BlackBerry in Jan 2012.

These are definitely not old as Angry Birds was released just a couple months ago.
    02-06-12 11:24 PM
    These are pretty recent. Posted by BlackBerry in Jan 2012.

These are definitely not old as Angry Birds was released just a couple months ago.
    Wow that's weird - very different to the stuff we've seen here. As to the Angry Birds thing - that's not an indicator at all as, in that animation, they can superimpose anything they want. We saw some of that for the PB launch. There were screenshots etc of apps on the PB at the time that have still not made it onto the PB even now - like Skype - and others. I remember this made a lot of people angry at the 'deception'.
    02-06-12 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD