This has to be one of the most frustrating videos about my BB Playbook that I watch. This Frontrunner thing is absolutely amazing. Quad core my as$, this would freeze any Android device, and think this was over a year ago. From what I've seen of BB10 so far it's the same grid icon/widget layout that's just as tired and boring as iOS, and even Android. Of course this is just MY OPINION. Frontrunner however is fresh, new and I have yet to see anyone break this iOS-influenced mold of the gridded icon layout. Android tries with widgets, but they're getting long in the tooth as well, and not at all that aesthetically pleasing.
    07-31-12 10:32 AM
    So very sad............
    07-31-12 11:32 AM
    This has to be one of the most frustrating videos about my BB Playbook that I watch. This Frontrunner thing is absolutely amazing. Quad core my as$, this would freeze any Android device, and think this was over a year ago. From what I've seen of BB10 so far it's the same grid icon/widget layout that's just as tired and boring as iOS, and even Android. Of course this is just MY OPINION. Frontrunner however is fresh, new and I have yet to see anyone break this iOS-influenced mold of the gridded icon layout. Android tries with widgets, but they're getting long in the tooth as well, and not at all that aesthetically pleasing.
    I'd think there are several Palm and RIM devices from the early 2000s that would negate any claim that the gridded icon layout is "iOS-influenced."
    07-31-12 11:37 AM
    Sad indeed, but I'm willing to bet that his erroneous observations about icon grids is a direct indicator of his age group. (I hope)... Or when he started using smartphones.

Generation I.
    07-31-12 11:49 AM
    Well, the OP has a point, all other comments above aside. If the PlayBook is capable of delivering something more than what it is right now, then why not invest in that and bring forward some innovation to the market. I remember seeing these demos a while back, and they were and still are amazing, yet nothing like this has been produced yet. Why not?
    TerranceW. likes this.
    07-31-12 12:03 PM
    +10000000000000000000000000002.1
    07-31-12 12:22 PM
    +10000000000000000000000000002.1
    Sorry, it can only be +10000000000000000000000000002.0. .1 isn't here yet.
    Gerii and remmy00 like this.
    07-31-12 12:28 PM
    Well, the OP has a point, all other comments above aside. If the PlayBook is capable of delivering something more than what it is right now, then why not invest in that and bring forward some innovation to the market. I remember seeing these demos a while back, and they were and still are amazing, yet nothing like this has been produced yet. Why not?
    This is the question that should have been asked by Kevin and anyone else who has had the opportunity to interview someone from RIM. For some reason the good questions are never asked.
    TerranceW. likes this.
    07-31-12 12:46 PM
    "soon"

Hahahahhahhahahaahhahahahahahhahaahhahah
    07-31-12 12:51 PM
    BB10 is much different than your standard grid icon. Having handled both the OS and the hardware I can tell you its very nice. Smooth transitions, very fast response (even in alpha/beta stage the software is MUCH smoother than the Playbook). It does have your grid layout, and has panes like the playbook, but it is much more than that.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-31-12 01:00 PM
    *yawn*

I saw a unicorn, but if you don't believe in them they die.
    07-31-12 01:11 PM
    Can you imagine being the programmers behind this. Sitting, sitting, waiting, waiting, so that finally the outside world will really see what they've been working on. This must be like SPY work - no one ever really sees what you've contributed to (or removed from) the world. Hidden behind closed doors forever unheralded (looking for right background music).
    07-31-12 01:22 PM
    .... and here we are stuck with the painfully simple 'Photos' app on the Playbook right now.

Blah.
    07-31-12 04:51 PM
    think about it,if you do not use a 'grid' method to lay apps out,, what else could you use? i list on your front screen will just be plain boring

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry app
    07-31-12 05:10 PM
    .... and here we are stuck with the painfully simple 'Photos' app on the Playbook right now.

Blah.
    Hey, it's the only damn app on the pb that does some form of Folder recognition. Be thankful for small favors.
    07-31-12 06:31 PM
    Let's see - nothing from TAT in the year since the RIM purchase, despite amazing demos a year ago. Now the TAT founder leaves RIM.

So many possible reasons ...

- Was he trying to do so much it would have delayed BB10 yet again - so he was pushed out?

- Did he leave because BB10 wasn't going far enough or was doing it "wrong" in his opinion - so he left in frustration?

- Could he just not deliver?

- Or ...?

Things that make you go hmmm ...

- R.
    07-31-12 08:40 PM
    think about it,if you do not use a 'grid' method to lay apps out,, what else could you use? i list on your front screen will just be plain boring

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry app
    Tiles like Windows 8.
    07-31-12 08:56 PM
    For a given set of hardware, there exists two kinds of software: that what we got and that what we wish we had. Doc Neutron.
    07-31-12 09:15 PM
    It's so well polished yet they can't release it to us. Hopefully we see in bb10.
    08-01-12 12:41 AM
    I cannot see a TAT video anymore.
    08-01-12 01:45 AM
    Let's see - nothing from TAT in the year since the RIM purchase, despite amazing demos a year ago. Now the TAT founder leaves RIM.

So many possible reasons ...

- Was he trying to do so much it would have delayed BB10 yet again - so he was pushed out?

- Did he leave because BB10 wasn't going far enough or was doing it "wrong" in his opinion - so he left in frustration?

- Could he just not deliver?

- Or ...?

Things that make you go hmmm ...

- R.
    He came to the end of his period of contractual obligation? It is often the case that once the head people have gone passed some agreed period they disappear into the night and that was always the plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-12 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD