I was pleasantly surprised moments ago when I saw a playbook being used in White Collar, a show on the USA channel....nice cameo!!
    08-02-11 08:58 PM
    im always surprised to see the pb on tv. probably because i dont watch a lot of tv. i do watch netflix though. hopefully, i'll see the pb on netflix on my pb! lol good catch too.
    08-02-11 09:09 PM
    Never heard of White Collar.

I haven't seen it anywhere, Television/Movie or even in Public. So far it's just Pitbull's "Give Me Everything" music video.
    08-02-11 10:06 PM
    get a life,who cares if you spot the devices on tv.for me,if it serves me right,then im happy.i could care less what others are using.
    08-02-11 10:32 PM
    Wow Chetan! Was that response really needed?
    08-02-11 10:45 PM
    get a life,who cares if you spot the devices on tv.for me,if it serves me right,then im happy.i could care less what others are using.
    Many of us on here do care...it's called enthusiasm! If you couldn't care less, why bother posting anything at all?
    beamolite and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    08-02-11 10:50 PM
    Even better was when it made an appearance in Cisco's add for their Cius tablet - who are they afraid of? Just made me glad I got a Playbook instead of that ugly thing....
    beamolite likes this.
    08-02-11 10:53 PM
    Wow Chetan! Was that response really needed?

it wasn't needed.i was just trying to imply that as much you watch your favorite tv shows and movies and keep a keen eye for any new products in scenes to make you feel good since a star is using it,you are better off by enjoying your own products in your possessions in real life and not worry about what the stars using.i have my favorite tv shows as well but im not that observant as many are.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 08-02-11 at 11:14 PM.
    08-02-11 11:11 PM
    Blackberry has finally started launching more advertising for the PB these last couple weeks, I have seen them all over the internet and around TV now. Before, nothing...
    08-02-11 11:23 PM
    WOW! Get up on the wrong side of life this morning?

Tim
    08-02-11 11:30 PM
    Watched white collar tonight it was a playbook but they went out of their way to try not plugging it outright with the character putting his thumb over BlackBerry on bottom! USA shows sure love their BlackBerries first suits and now white collar! Awesome, can't wait for all the new OS7 devices! It be sweet if these can be upgraded to QNX but if not will get one of those when they come out! But with RIM's track record doubtful they will come out when rumored to be here anyway so OS7 goodness upgrade if possible if not new QNX phone if and when they arrive I will get one of those !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 12:39 AM
    try the BEP's music vid for 'the time'(dirty bit) a while before PB release

08-03-11 04:54 AM
    it made an appearance in the Sun news paper (UK National no1 paper) in an article interviewing Tinie Tempah (UK rapper) asking what his top 10 things hr can't live without, his Bold and pb were top 2
    08-03-11 05:04 AM
    it wasn't needed.i was just trying to imply that as much you watch your favorite tv shows and movies and keep a keen eye for any new products in scenes to make you feel good since a star is using it,you are better off by enjoying your own products in your possessions in real life and not worry about what the stars using.i have my favorite tv shows as well but im not that observant as many are.
    Who the heck said ANYTHING about a star specifically using the PB..?? All the OP said was that they noticed that they were using a PB. In an environment where the iPad and Apple is being shoved down the throats of everyone by media and everything, seeing a show using a Blackberry product is refreshing.

Talk about overreacting...sheesh. You should apologize to the OP.

Ever watched BONES? They're not even being subtle about throwing Toyota commercials into the script..the main characters talking about how the Toyota car is green and fuel efficient, roomy, etc.. It's a throwback to the early days of TV where they'd incorporate the sponsor's product in the script. It's horrible.

But to snap when someone notices a Blackberry product, that is near and dear to most of us on this site, in a TV show..

Wow. Just. Wow.
    08-03-11 05:34 AM
    can't get worse than James bond movies.. "is that a Rolex" "no its omega" ..or him Sat on the boat with his laptop.. might of well be singing "type type type you Sony vivo" or what ever they're called
    08-03-11 05:49 AM
    try the BEP's music vid for 'the time'(dirty bit) a while before PB release

Ya that vid came out in 2010!!
    08-03-11 09:05 PM
    I've seen it numerous times in the past couple of weeks in commercials and in my opinion they don't need to stop. Come one RIM, a media blitz would do you a world of good; escpecially now the new line od os 7 devices have been announced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD