does anybody else have this problem?

my pb turns itself on when its plugged into wall charger, plugged into laptop, or as is.

I have been battling touchscreen nightmares and have decided to revert to a stable OS to try and see if it will solve anything (im running beta 2.0 currently)

so im following RIM's how-to guide. it tells you to turn off pb, launch desktop manager, plug in playbook, then desktop manager will say it cant connect and will update.

i turn off my pb, launch desktop manager, plug in my pb and i never get the desktop manager to say anything other then connected to playbook..... because my pb turned itself on by itself.

ive tried this like 50x times, read the RIM guide, then searched for other sites with directions, kept trying it over and over, i cannot get the thing to update because my playbook keeps turning itself on!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh this is driving me nuts
    01-13-12 11:46 PM
    You know the old saying, If You Mess With Beta, it will be a PITA.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-13-12 11:53 PM
    yes but RIM offered these instructions to load old OS and start over again, i understand its beta and it may or may not work correctly with software and apps, however re-loading the old OS and start fresh has always been a viable option for those who gambled with beta 2.0

it is not the case for me
    01-14-12 12:05 AM
    does anybody else have this problem?

my pb turns itself on when its plugged into wall charger, plugged into laptop, or as is.

I have been battling touchscreen nightmares and have decided to revert to a stable OS to try and see if it will solve anything (im running beta 2.0 currently)

so im following RIM's how-to guide. it tells you to turn off pb, launch desktop manager, plug in playbook, then desktop manager will say it cant connect and will update.

i turn off my pb, launch desktop manager, plug in my pb and i never get the desktop manager to say anything other then connected to playbook..... because my pb turned itself on by itself.

ive tried this like 50x times, read the RIM guide, then searched for other sites with directions, kept trying it over and over, i cannot get the thing to update because my playbook keeps turning itself on!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh this is driving me nuts
    Was wondering how you are shutting your PB off. Try using the battery icon, and hit the off tab that shows up.
    The OS beta has had problems of the PB not shutting off completely, maybe you are having issues with that.
    Hope someone more learned with the beta may have better input, I am on OS1.0.8.
    01-14-12 01:10 AM
    my pb will not stay turned off when plugged into a charging device or laptop.

I can however plug it in and turn it off and it will remain off.

but this contradicts what i have to do in order to get device manager to "update"
    01-14-12 02:29 AM
    my playbook continues to turn itself on, and now spams the W and S keyboard inputs like crazy.
    01-14-12 12:11 PM
    ive tried powering it off by holding the power button down till the screen goes completely blank,

ive tried powering it off by holding the power button and then selecting the touch screen Power Off

ive tried hitting the battery button and then power off

none of them keep the playbook OFF when i plug it into a charger/latop

has anybody seen this issue?
    01-14-12 12:32 PM
    yes but RIM offered these instructions to load old OS and start over again, i understand its beta and it may or may not work correctly with software and apps, however re-loading the old OS and start fresh has always been a viable option for those who gambled with beta 2.0

it is not the case for me
    RIM also made it amply clear that it is a developer Beta OS. Which means it was for developers, which goes on to suggest that those professionals would know how to get themselves out of a pinch like yours. This was not a consumer Beta. If you choose to install a developer Beta despite the warnings then you really dont have a right to blame RIM if you can't figure out how to downgrade back to the official OS. This is your shortcoming and you were amply warned.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-14-12 01:57 PM
    RIM also made it amply clear that it is a developer Beta OS. Which means it was for developers, which goes on to suggest that those professionals would know how to get themselves out of a pinch like yours. This was not a consumer Beta. If you choose to install a developer Beta despite the warnings then you really dont have a right to blame RIM if you can't figure out how to downgrade back to the official OS. This is your shortcoming and you were amply warned.
    Does that mean we should offer no help? I don't think the OP was blaming anyone.

OP. When you turn off the PB let it sit for a few minutes. The black screen stays for a while before its really shut down. It's hard to see the backlight still on unless your in a dark room(or you have some light bleed like me)
    Wait until full shut down plug in the PB and the can't connect window should pop up.
    01-14-12 02:31 PM
    my pb will not stay turned off when plugged into a charging device or laptop.

I can however plug it in and turn it off and it will remain off.

but this contradicts what i have to do in order to get device manager to "update"
    Try to plug it in and then turn it off. Wait a few minutes then press the power button. Maybe you can get the pop up that way.
    01-14-12 02:36 PM
    oh ive tried every power off - leave alone 10 mins - 30 mins - 1 hour

all various methods of powering off,

holding button i/o and selecting power off

holding button i/o till it shows powering playbook off

touchscreen battery to power off

all no luck

i just got off 3 hour phone call with RIM and they are taking it back as RMA, i jumped through way too many hoops for this too happen.

And no its not OS SOFTWARE like all you claim to be....... beta 2.0 blah blah blah....

I just flashed back to 1.0.8.xwatever and the problem still exists. My problem is hardware related. Its now going back to RIM,

again ill re-state it, ive never jumped onto a forum and create my first thread and get bombarded with a pageload of threads that are "similar threads" and if you DO READ THROUGH THEM ALL they ALL went back as RMA with RIM or exchange at store.

My playbook was given to me as a xmas gift and she bought it from the blackberry website, so i HAVE to use the RMA process, the 3x ladies i spoke too with Blackberry support already knew what the ulitmate solution was... faulty hardware, yet they made me jump through 3x hours of hoops to get to conclusion. I asked them, they said yea alota problems but i have to follow protocol and you MUST do these steps, then call us if it doesnt work. I did this 2x times, and the RMA 3rd lady greeted me with "oh your touchscreens not working riiiiight??" Of course its not, thats why your getting paid all day to handle RMA's all with the same problem
    01-14-12 03:43 PM
    Same thing happens with my cable boxes. I know from experience what to try first but every time they make me go through the steps again.
    01-14-12 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD