This happens more often these day, I don't know whether it is an OS issue or physical issue?

My Playbook is working fine, but when I leave it alone for some time and want to use it again, the screen either remains black, (non responsive) or it may light up dimly with no screen. If I connect it to USB on my computer, I have full access to my photos, music, videos, etc. That means the PlayBook is up and working, but I have no screen.

Some times I have to push the power button a few times (and may hold it for a few seconds) until I get the screen back (by the way, the battery is full) .
    In some cases I give up for 15 min or so and try it again, and it works the very first time that I touch the screen to bring it up.

Please let me know if you have a solution for this issue?
    11-12-13 10:16 AM
    Have no idea, other than to wipe and reload the software....

But it sounds more like a hardware issue... you might want to check out the Black Friday ads.
    11-12-13 10:26 AM
    This happens more often these day, I don't know whether it is an OS issue or physical issue?

My Playbook is working fine, but when I leave it alone for some time and want to use it again, the screen either remains black, (non responsive) or it may light up dimly with no screen. If I connect it to USB on my computer, I have full access to my photos, music, videos, etc. That means the PlayBook is up and working, but I have no screen.

Some times I have to push the power button a few times (and may hold it for a few seconds) until I get the screen back (by the way, the battery is full) .
    In some cases I give up for 15 min or so and try it again, and it works the very first time that I touch the screen to bring it up.

Please let me know if you have a solution for this issue?
    My first inclination is maybe it took a shot and there is a physical issue going on. BUT you should try to do a wipe and restore.
    First, COPY all of your images, movies, music and docs and stuff to your PC before you do anything.

Then I would load a fresh copy of BB Desktop Manager onto the pc, turn off the Playbook, Restart your PC, plug in your PB after pc has booted and then turn on the PB. You should see the option to restore the OS once the pc mounts the Playbook.
    Here are a couple of links to look at to get familiar with the process.

How to Wipe the OS on a BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

c
    11-12-13 04:25 PM
    I've had this problem for a year now. I've rest and wiped my unit several times and this blank screen issue is not going away. I think it's a hardware issue (something must be loose inside). Is Blackberry going to address this or is my PB turning into a paper weight?
    05-16-14 01:40 AM
    These things certainly sound like hardware problems. Neither has said that they have tried to change any screen settings. In particular turning automatic backlight dimming off.
    05-16-14 02:34 AM
    Time for a real tablet
    05-17-14 03:55 PM
    I had this problem on my kids PB, and I cracked it open, reseated the display connector, and it helped for a little while but it's getting worse again. Definitely a hardware problem.
    05-17-14 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD