Think if we follow it around we might catch a couple that "fall off" the truck?? :P :P
    08-15-11 12:51 PM
    great job. thanks for the photo.
    08-15-11 01:37 PM
    "Amateur Hour is Over"? Wow, can RIM be more cocky?
    I was thinking "delusional" myself.
    When it's RIM making bold marketing statements it's "cocky" and "delusional". When it's Apple making bold marketing statements it's "genius". Is that how it works?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-15-11 at 06:53 PM.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    08-15-11 06:51 PM
    "Amateur Hour is Over"? Wow, can RIM be more cocky?
    And wrong.
    08-15-11 07:35 PM
    When it's RIM making bold marketing statements it's "cocky" and "delusional". When it's Apple making bold marketing statements it's "genius". Is that how it works?
    And magical.
    08-15-11 07:36 PM
    I don't know about Apple, but RIM's message is full of irony. They're like that dude in the bar wearing a leisure suit and winking at all the ladies while making a pistol symbol with his hand.... "Amateur hour is over baby...."
    08-15-11 11:11 PM
    I don't know about Apple, but RIM's message is full of irony. They're like that dude in the bar wearing a leisure suit and winking at all the ladies while making a pistol symbol with his hand.... "Amateur hour is over baby...."
    Only if you disagree with the premise. I don't - This IS a professional tool compared to the other toys. But I guess you have to be a professional to understand that.

Amateur hour is indeed over. And wtf is a "pistol symbol"? Nevermind.
    08-16-11 04:20 AM
    Only if you disagree with the premise. I don't - This IS a professional tool compared to the other toys. But I guess you have to be a professional to understand that.
    How is this a professional tool? Curious as to what your definition of professional is? How are the others toys?
    08-16-11 06:53 AM

Amateur hour is indeed over. And wtf is a "pistol symbol"? Nevermind.
    I see you have bought into the delusion. I just don't see how it can begin to be "professional" when it has almost no business apps, can't integrate with MS Exchange, doesn't offer a native SDK (so programmers can't create custom apps or B2B apps), etc, etc. No system-wide auto-correct or auto-fill. Heck, the browser won't even let you sort or arrange bookmarks, and doesn't have search -- those aren't pro options, those are basic usability options. The list can keep going. In most ways, it can't even compete with a BB phone for features.

There's no doubt that the PlayBook could be a pro tablet, but it's just not there yet, not even close. By suggesting the current PlayBook is "pro", RIM is running around with their pants down. This is the exact type of corporate delusion that got them in the predicament they're in right now.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-16-11 07:16 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD