I have heard the playbook shoots great videos, but I have never used the playbook for shooting videos because of its size. I don't want to have to hold it all the time. So I started wondering if there was a tripod mount for the playbook. I came across this website.

iShot® Mounts: Blackberry Playbook Tripod Window Car Mount Accessories (In-Stock) - iShot® Tripod/Window Mounts - iShot® Tripod Mount's l iPad Tripod Mount l iPad 2 Tripod Mount - The most versatile tripod mount ever invented for iPad - iPad 2 Lowe

Has anyone bought this? If so, how do you like it? How does the playbook mount to it? Horizontally (landscape) or vertically (protrait)? I ask because the picture on the site shows the playbook vertically (portrait) positioned next to the mount, but the mount does look adjustable.

Also if anyone knows of any other playbook tripod mounts, I'd be interested in seeing them, since this was the only I could find.

Thanks.
    djnshores and jslawell like this.
    12-21-11 10:10 AM
    There is another thread on this issue. There's some clamp type shown on Amazon but it is out of stock.
    hawks060910 likes this.
    12-21-11 11:27 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ri-pod-672149/

i hope i posted the link above correctly, i posted some pics of a tripod mount i purchased for much cheaper price and it works perfectly. ive taken like about 30 videos on my tripod and its amazing..
    djnshores and hawks060910 like this.
    12-21-11 10:15 PM
    Your link worked perfectly. And that is the model I saw "sold out" on Amazon.

There was another tripod thread in the last few days, too. I think it had yet another link.

So there are a variety of solutions.

Ah, yours is back in stock.
    12-21-11 10:45 PM
    Your link worked perfectly. And that is the model I saw "sold out" on Amazon.

There was another tripod thread in the last few days, too. I think it had yet another link.

So there are a variety of solutions.

Ah, yours is back in stock.

great to read that its back in stock. you wont be disapointed...
    12-22-11 12:27 AM
    Just wanted to provide an update incase anyone else was thinking about getting a playbook tripod mount. I ended up buying the one I originally posted about from iShot. It works really well. One downside is that the middle of the playbook screen is blocked when mounted, but this didn't bother me because I was still able to see what I was recording fairly easily. The tripod mount also comes with a window cling mount for a car, so that was a plus. I also noticed that the bracket that holds the playbook attaches to the tripod mount using the same interlocking system that my iGrip uses for my car mount for my Bold 9650. So now I can mount my 9650 to a tripod for taking pictures or video too.
    dpaulbelcher likes this.
    12-26-11 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD