View Poll Results: Would you like to re-calibrate the touchscreen ?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 40.00%
  • No

15 37.50%
  • I dont care

9 22.50%
    Why isnt there an option to re-calibrate the touchscreen ? Hopefully BB10 includes that feature....
    09-01-12 12:18 PM
    Are you having issues that make you think it needs calibrated????

09-01-12 01:50 PM
    I have a well used pre-ordered (full priced ) original PB and have never noticed the screen needing calibration. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    09-01-12 02:31 PM
    Sometimes my PB doesnt react at the point i tap the screen
    09-01-12 02:47 PM
    The corners close to the bezels sometimes don't react as I'd like them to. But for the most times, I can click the tiny page numbers of threads here on CB without issue.
    09-01-12 04:28 PM
    Why isnt there an option to re-calibrate the touchscreen ? Hopefully BB10 includes that feature....
    I've answered 'Don't care' because I'm not sure what or how Calibration would affect/change my screen.

It's working ab fab as it is .....

So perhaps some more explanation in your intro as to why you think the PB screen does/might need calibration would give more relevant responses to the questionnaire.
    09-01-12 05:36 PM
    "Calibration" - No.

"Sensitivity" - Yes. It's on my 9800.
    09-01-12 07:29 PM
    Sometimes my PB doesnt react at the point i tap the screen
    Does that mean that when you tap it there, it reacts at a different point instead?

Or does that mean that when you tap it there, there is no reaction?

The latter is not a calibration issue, but one of sensitivity (or perhaps software problems), as the previous post points out.
    09-01-12 09:20 PM
    Do capacitive screens need to have user calibration? I don't believe I've ever seen a phone or tablet with a capacitive screen have a user accessible calibration option. Devices with resistive screens, like Nintendo DS and older touch screen phones always do, though.
    09-02-12 02:56 AM
    Does that mean that when you tap it there, it reacts at a different point instead?

Or does that mean that when you tap it there, there is no reaction?

The latter is not a calibration issue, but one of sensitivity (or perhaps software problems), as the previous post points out.
    Sometimes when I touch an app icon, it opens the app next to it. I've did a Hard-reboot now so maybe that will fix it
    09-02-12 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD