I pretty much can't use my PB when I'm charging it. There's no accuracy to the touch screen. Has always been like that and thought its just a product glitch. Now I'm starting to think it's defective... any idea? I bought it more than a year ago.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:57 PM
    Try charging from a different outlet and/or different charger. Maybe even try charging from a friends house. I have this issue when I charge with the included charger from particular outlet in my house that has a few chargers for other devices.
    If you still have trouble call BB support. There have been many posts here about support fixing PlayBooks past the one year warranty. They offered to fix one of mine at about 18 months.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-20-13 09:24 PM
    It's normal. I have 2 that have phantom touch points and touch inaccuracies depending on what I'm using to charge. It means the touch screen is having issues detecting accurate voltage.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Stocklone like this.
    05-20-13 09:32 PM
    It may also be electromagnetic interference. Many things can cause electromagentic interference, especially if they have bad shielding. These include speakers, microwave ovens, unshielded CRT monitors, TL armatures, heavy machinery etc. Try moving away a few meters to determine whether that is the cause of your interference, and try with a different socket.
    05-21-13 12:18 AM
    Thank you all. I'll try these suggestions and let you know.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:34 PM
    I'm a complete newbie, but I've been using the Playbook close to some laptops, and have had all sorts of bizarre screens, apps opening etc. when the charging cables or power supplies of the laptops come too close to the PB.

The very cheap Eken Android tablet doesn't seem to be affected anywhere near as much.
    05-21-13 08:15 PM
    Iv seen that a few times with display models. My guess is that he connector or cable isn't properly grounded or something.
    05-22-13 01:24 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried different outlets at home and it's the same result. I then used my Q10 charger and working much better.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:51 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried different outlets at home and it's the same result. I then used my Q10 charger and working much better.

Posted via CB10
    Was it the original PlayBook charger giving you the trouble? I have a Nokia charger that will cause touch screen to go crazy.
    05-23-13 02:51 PM
    Was it the original PlayBook charger giving you the trouble? I have a Nokia charger that will cause touch screen to go crazy.
    Yes the original gives troubles.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:24 PM
    Both my wife and my Galaxy S II's had the same problem. We give Sprint back the OEM Samsung chargers and they gave us like 6 random chargers from various manufacturers. All of those worked. Your device is not defective. Something is going on with the power going into the device.
    05-23-13 08:17 PM
    This is "normal", as in it has always been there from launch. However, the "jumpyness" only shows when using the rapid charger that came with the PB. Plug it in, and try to navigate through the screen and it will be a bit jumpy.
    For some reason, it is not apparent on the charging dock.

C
    05-24-13 10:30 AM
    Your charger is defective I think. I've had the same issue on the iPod when I was using a defective charger. When I changed the charger, the touch screen became accurate and reactive.
    05-24-13 10:41 AM