My 2 month old Playbook touch screen stopped working and only responds to the physical buttons. Then I went to the contact support and found that my playbook doesnt qualify for 90 day complimentary support for somereason any thoughts on what to do now?
    11-09-11 05:26 PM
    Have you tried the 3 button reset? At the same time press the power, + and - buttons. Hold for 15 seconds or so. Hopefully this helps.
    11-09-11 05:37 PM
    Yeah ive been resetting alot since it happened yesterday. Just did it again to check but nothing.
    11-09-11 06:21 PM
    My 2 month old Playbook touch screen stopped working and only responds to the physical buttons. Then I went to the contact support and found that my playbook doesnt qualify for 90 day complimentary support for somereason any thoughts on what to do now?
    Don't worry. Someone will get you some ideas. Just keep restarting is my advice. The OS is practically indestructible.

As for not qualifying for support, what's up with that? Did you buy the unit used?
    11-09-11 06:31 PM
    nope brand new got it at best buy. I will be calling tomorrow to see why my serial number says i dont qualify
    11-09-11 06:34 PM
    you mention that ur PB is 2 months old, so unless u had registered ur PB after u had bought it u woudnt get the 3 month support from RIM.
    About ur problem, do a wipe/debrick of ur PB. Connect to ur computer that running the desktop manager via the USB, have ur PB shut off when u do that, after u connect run ur DM from ur comp, start ur PB.... it should ask for u to load the OS... do it and then see if the problem gets resolved... if that fails I suggest u call and talk to RIM customer support and ask as to why they are not supporting ur 90 day period warranty.

Good luck.
    11-09-11 06:38 PM
    k man somehow shutting it off plugging it into my pc then starting it up fixed it but it didnt ask me to reload os.... doesnt matter anyways everything works again thanks for all the help everyone
    11-09-11 06:43 PM
    Glad that ur problem is solved
    11-09-11 06:47 PM
    That is good to hear. Enjoy your PB!
    11-09-11 06:51 PM
    Wow that's weird mines been doing it at times but glad yours is up and running.
    11-09-11 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD