Hi guys,

I'm sure I must be missing something here, but how do I transfer music files stored on my playbook over to the SD card in my Torch?

I'm hoping it's possible as I'd like to use my phone instead of my iPod, but transferring files in the same way, Instead of PC to iPod, Playbook to Torch.

Thanks for any help

Chris
    01-30-13 06:39 PM
    Bump. Really hope I'm just missing something obvious
    01-31-13 02:15 AM
    Hi Chris

Best bet is a file manager app (not sure you can do it with the PB's built in manager). "Files and Folders" from app world is excellent, and a purchase you wouldn't regret, but there are free ones such as Ghost Commander as well.

You'll first need to bridge your phone and PB together. You can then Copy and Paste from the PB to the SD card. If you post back here with the file manager you're using, I'll try and fill out some more detail for you (fyi I currently have F&F as mentioned above, Ghost Commander and ES Explorer).
    01-31-13 03:13 AM
    Hi Chris

Best bet is a file manager app (not sure you can do it with the PB's built in manager). "Files and Folders" from app world is excellent, and a purchase you wouldn't regret, but there are free ones such as Ghost Commander as well.

You'll first need to bridge your phone and PB together. You can then Copy and Paste from the PB to the SD card. If you post back here with the file manager you're using, I'll try and fill out some more detail for you (fyi I currently have F&F as mentioned above, Ghost Commander and ES Explorer).
    Hi Barljo

Just downloaded Files and Folders, I can see the directories, but struggling to navigate to where the music is stored on my Playbook.

Thanks for your offer to help, very kind.

Chris
    01-31-13 03:52 AM
    You have also PlayCloud and soon PlayCloud 10.

Nicolas
    01-31-13 04:06 AM
    Hi Chris

No prob at all!

Your layout might be different, but mine is in:

playbook (if you swipe down from top bezel, just tap the playbook logo)
    accounts/1000/shared/music

Your music may be saved somewhere diff on the PB, but that's the most likely place for it! If you need to go up a file structure level to find the way, the little back arrow in top left is how to do that.

If you hit the ticks at the top, F&F should then let you select the folders you want to copy - then hit Copy to Clipboard from the left hand side.

Swipe down from top again, and tap Bridge. Then the SD card directory, and boom - you can paste wherever you like!
    01-31-13 04:14 AM
    Excellent, thanks SO much Barljo!!
    01-31-13 04:31 AM
    Pleasure! Enjoy your PB & torch.

Any worries, just drop me a PM - I'm more likely to see it than a post in this thread now that it seems to be sorted!

Barljo
    01-31-13 04:38 AM