12-15-12 10:32 PM
248 ... 678910
tools
    There's an app in AppWorld called "Whiteboard" - maybe that's what you're looking for?
    Yes, that's one of them, you're right. However, I found another called Scroodle, which is really nice also. Whiteboard seems to have both input modes, finger and keyboard. Scroodle only has the finger writing mode, but that suits me fine.

Another app which would be very interesting is the very same as both, Scroodle and Whiteboard, with an option that, when taped, would turn the handwriting into text format.

If someone knows of such an app for the PB, I'm guessing quite a few would be interested.

Hugh
    07-24-11 04:50 PM
    Sorry if this has been mentioned but maybe the first post is keeping it updated? I didn't want to read thru the whole thread.

In email double tap a link and it will be opened in the browser.
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    08-02-11 07:46 PM
    Apologies in advance if this has been covered. I bought (sight unseen) the convertible case for playpad. Everyone knows with the teeny power button, the case was impossible to use--even after cut out, the volume up/down is accessible but the power button is awful. I discovered tapping the battery in the notifications area brings the same dialog - Turn off / stand by / restart options. Now the only time I ever need the power button is with a full off machine, easy enough with a stylus or pencil eraser.
    09-01-11 09:26 AM
    Apologies in advance if this has been covered. I bought (sight unseen) the convertible case for playpad. Everyone knows with the teeny power button, the case was impossible to use--even after cut out, the volume up/down is accessible but the power button is awful. I discovered tapping the battery in the notifications area brings the same dialog - Turn off / stand by / restart options. Now the only time I ever need the power button is with a full off machine, easy enough with a stylus or pencil eraser.
    That's a good point and some folks are still not fully aware of the battery icon functions. Those functions were NOT initially included in the icon (app) and so the power button was the only way to turn it off. It was added in a recent update of the os. (actually, I remember there is also a power off icon or there was)
    Last edited by F2; 09-01-11 at 10:58 AM.
    09-01-11 10:43 AM
    I really think it would be helpful to new Playbook Owners id this thread had a sticky.
    09-09-11 04:37 PM
    wooohoo! I just found this out!
    I was so peeved that transitioning would take FOREVER on my pb.

But, now if you simply double tap the screen after you transition from one mode to the other, the pb switches instantly!

This is awesome!!! I knew something was up!
    Last edited by canuckerr; 09-13-11 at 01:51 AM.
    09-13-11 01:45 AM
    Pinch zooming a video during playback increases the video screen size. No 2x 3x limitations! the zoomed video can be panned. Never ever experienced this in any other device.
    Last edited by MUGHALGXT; 09-15-11 at 07:22 AM.
    09-14-11 05:57 PM
    really good thread out here... i want to ask what is the latest in pbs... i want to review it before buying
    09-15-11 05:32 AM
    One that hasn't been mentioned is when in the web browser if you double tap the screen, it will zoom in on the frame so it fits perfect on the screen. Then if you double tap again, it will zoom out and adjust to view the entire page. Makes browsing and reading so much easier than pinch and zoom which I had the tendency to hit links sometimes.
    I learned a lot in this thread but i think this is the most useful tip of the bunch.. for me at least. Top 5 for sure! Thanks
    09-18-11 12:52 AM
    but first a comment: thanks for all the info, all the sharing! the first couple posts here have taken me beyond minor annoyance to the point where i'm having fun and my curiosity is stoked!

now, questions:

is there a difference between the hard reset and doing a reset? owning that the power/volume buttons at the top of the device are a little surly, just wondering if there's any real/particular advantage in a reset over restart?

secondly, moved some music to my playbook but the album art did not follow. any way to make this happen? tried playing with it some but nothing jumps out.

thanks to all again and look forward to whatever feedback/guidance is available.
    09-18-11 01:08 PM
    secondly, moved some music to my playbook but the album art did not follow. any way to make this happen? tried playing with it some but nothing jumps out.
    Regarding your album art, did you sync your music through desktop manager or drag and drop your files through USB?

I had no album art when I dragged and dropped but got it when I synced through DM. Hope that helps.
    09-19-11 01:35 AM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to organize bookmarks?
    09-19-11 03:34 PM
    to date best option to organize bookmarks is tap white star w/+ icon, select save to home page. You are then given option to rename bookmark. once saved, you cannot edit it. On the home screen you can hold the icon until it pulses. you then move it anywhere in the all tab or copy it to the favorites tab or delete it
    Barljo likes this.
    09-19-11 09:16 PM
    Great tips and tricks

I finally found out why my Playbook would randomly turn on when I was cleaning the screen =P
    09-21-11 07:58 PM
    I can copy a URL but cannot get the paste option to pop up while trying to compose an email using BB Bridge ??
    I tried doing the same thing, but can't get the paste option to show up either, anyone figure this out?
    09-22-11 09:30 AM
    is it possible to view only unread emails of bridged inbox? Thx.
    09-22-11 09:56 PM
    For most situations, portrait mode is just a resizing of whatever appears on the screen but I use portrait mode in two other situations:

1. In the bridge email app, portrait mode shows a longer list of email without preview pane, which is useful to clean up my inbox.

2. I personally hate touch screen keyboards as I press wrong keys all the time. However, if I type in portrait mode, I use my thumbs to type as I would do on my Blackberry smartphone and my accuracy gets greatly improved.
    09-25-11 09:10 AM
    I tried doing the same thing, but can't get the paste option to show up either, anyone figure this out?
    Make sure you're touching the screen with the ball of your finger very lightly, leaving it in position for a bit, and make sure you aren't accidentally moving your finger... I've found that even the slightest movement will cause the screen to not see the resting finger as a way to pop up the menu.
    09-29-11 10:58 AM
    Great tips and tricks

I finally found out why my Playbook would randomly turn on when I was cleaning the screen =P
    Yes i agree with it.. on the first time a was too fast with my fingers.. Playbook is really sensitive
    09-29-11 12:21 PM
    When I type in files:///accounts/1000/shared into my browser I get the message that the browser doesnt know how to handle the web page. Does anyone know how to stop this ? This is on my playbook.
    09-29-11 03:41 PM
    but first a comment: thanks for all the info, all the sharing! the first couple posts here have taken me beyond minor annoyance to the point where i'm having fun and my curiosity is stoked!

now, questions:

is there a difference between the hard reset and doing a reset? owning that the power/volume buttons at the top of the device are a little surly, just wondering if there's any real/particular advantage in a reset over restart?

thanks to all again and look forward to whatever feedback/guidance is available.
    With respects to album art; I drag & drop all my music & the art followed, the art should display in; All Songs; Artists; Albums; Genres; & displays in the second counter playing; not certain why yours did not, but it does work.
    09-29-11 04:50 PM
    Added to the original post:

How to import security certificates on the BlackBerry PlayBook

Please complete the following steps to import and use security certificates on the BlackBerry PlayBook:

Connect the BlackBerry PlayBook to a computer using a USB cable
    If it hasn't already been completed, follow the steps on the PlayBook screen and the computer to install the drivers
    On the PlayBook navigate to the Gear icon and select About
    In the Information drop down list, select Network
    3B. If this is the first time activating the device you will not be able to get the IP address from the PlayBook. Connect the PlayBook to your PC and open the BlackBerry Device Manager. The BlackBerry Device Manager will list the IP address of the PlayBook you can use to access it.

Copy either the IPv4 address listed under USB or Wireless
    On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box and type \\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    On a Mac computer, select Go -> Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    Copy the certificate file to the certs share on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    Touch the Gear icon in the top right hand corner of the PlayBook and select Security
    Within the Security menu, select Certificates
    Touch the Import button in the bottom right corner
    Select the certificate to be imported and touch Next
    Select the Class and which certificate store(s) to import the certificate into
    The certificate will now be available when creating a VPN profile, Wi-Fi profile, or when a accessing a secure website

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB26515
    09-30-11 10:39 AM
    Well, I feel sometimes noobish ... so maybe some of you have wondered "dammit, how do I select multiple messages and delete them @ once ?"

Just easy as a tap ...
    Tap the third bottom left icon and a checkbox will appear in front of each message.
    Then use the red cross activated by this ... hopl !

P.S: I suggest that You use portrait orientation.
    PS(2) : This makes PB Message app a must-have for my big sticky fingers !!!

See pic for better comprehension !
    09-30-11 03:58 PM
    When I type in files:///accounts/1000/shared into my browser I get the message that the browser doesnt know how to handle the web page. Does anyone know how to stop this ? This is on my playbook.
    try - file:\\\accounts\1000\shared

Edit:
    It should be FILE not FILES :-)
    Last edited by jolut; 10-01-11 at 01:55 AM. Reason: spelling :-)
    10-01-11 01:46 AM
    I use. files:/accounts/1000/shared

Note the one slash

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 01:50 AM
248 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD