Ok, I have finished updating the Original Post with OS2 information. Android help and accessing Bridge apps is included. Let me know if there is anything else missing.
    FrankP6 likes this.
    10-21-11 08:11 AM
    Was the sticky removed?
    Not really this post is listed in the list of popular threads sticky so it's ALWAYS easy to find.
    FrankP6 likes this.
    10-21-11 08:39 AM
    Not really this post is listed in the list of popular threads sticky so it's ALWAYS easy to find.
    Ok, I was just wondering if I should still be updated the OP or not. Thanks.
    10-21-11 08:59 AM
    Looks like this thread died, just bumping it for anyone looking for some tips.
    bbvj likes this.
    11-03-11 08:35 AM
    This thread will NEVER die!
    spike12 likes this.
    11-03-11 02:05 PM
    Does anyone have any ideas for me....

I can't connect my OS2.0 PB to Desktop Manager because of the glitch some have faced here, DM doesn't notice my PB at all. My PB hasn't been backed up in a LONG time and I have a few games that I have played for hours and don't wanna lose all my saved game info, but I want to downgrade to OS1.7 because of the Browser problems with 2.0.

Is there anyway for me to downgrade without losing all my saved game data?
    11-07-11 12:30 PM
    I've read that the backups from OS2 are NOT compatible with a 1.07 restore. I can't verify that.
    11-07-11 03:28 PM
    If you record a video and the music app is open and playing, that music will be recorded in the video, clearly, it sounds great.

Ex. I streamed internet music and recorded a scene and when played-back the streamed music is in the video, cool
    11-09-11 09:51 PM
    If you want multi-tasking where apps in the background still run...

make sure "Application Behaviour" is set to "Showcase"

Settings -> General -> Application Behaviour -> Showcase

Some people that complain about apps not running in the background probably have it set to "Default"
    11-09-11 09:54 PM
    Does anyone have any ideas for me....

I can't connect my OS2.0 PB to Desktop Manager because of the glitch some have faced here, DM doesn't notice my PB at all. My PB hasn't been backed up in a LONG time and I have a few games that I have played for hours and don't wanna lose all my saved game info, but I want to downgrade to OS1.7 because of the Browser problems with 2.0.

Is there anyway for me to downgrade without losing all my saved game data?
    Don't have a solution, but DM backup works for me with OS2.0 and all of my old backups are still there from OS1.7 as well as my new ones from 2.0, but I have not tried it. I also do not have a browser problem so I am sticking with 2.0 for now.
    11-11-11 11:50 AM
    Don't have a solution, but DM backup works for me with OS2.0 and all of my old backups are still there from OS1.7 as well as my new ones from 2.0, but I have not tried it. I also do not have a browser problem so I am sticking with 2.0 for now.
    My browser problems were minimal, but one thing that ALWAYS happened is when I pressed the "refresh" button to the left of the url bar, the url bar would stay opened no matter where I scrolled on the page. The only way to get rid of it was to click inside the url bar and then click elsewhere. Not a major deal, but annoying.

Also the occasional crash was rather annoying.

I went back to 1.7 today because I found myself not using the PB anymore. The homescreen changes for 2.0 are AMAZING and perfect for me, but the browser is my most important app on my PB and it was worse. I can't wait for a perfected 2.0, but until it is perfected, I will stick with 1.7.
    11-18-11 12:39 PM
    I posted this in a separate thread the other day but you can read plain TXT files using the browser.
    A simpler method may be to change the file extension from .txt to .com and open them with the Word to Go app.
    Good list of hints, BTW!
    12-25-11 01:05 PM
    A simpler method may be to change the file extension from .txt to .com and open them with the Word to Go app.
    Good list of hints, BTW!
    Did you mean "doc" or "com?"
    jolsonpb likes this.
    12-25-11 03:40 PM
    Sorry, change extension to ".doc" for sure. Maybe a little too much Christmas cheer before posting!
    Also, there may be folks out there who don't know you can do a web search by typing the search terms in the browser address bar. I think this is now true for all browsers.
    12-25-11 07:38 PM
    Experimenting with new PB and successfully downloaded OverDrive Media Console to be able to access MP3 and other e-Book formats as I do on my Curve 3G. However, I cannot figure out how to open the downloaded installation file mediaconsole.jad, which I can see in a file manager in the 'downloads' folder, but can't find such a folder or folder icon on any screen. Therefore, can't figure out how to start installer. Clicking on the program in a file manager merely turns a checkbox on or off.
    12-25-11 08:13 PM
    Whether or not this applies only to my unit... I have discovered that in an area of marginal wifi coverage (one or two bars) the signal will improve by one or two bars if you hold the PB in landscape mode with your left thumb over the lower LEFT bezel corner (diagonally opposite to 3.5mm jack) with as much of your palm as possible on bottom of unit....apparently one of the antenna PCB's is in this corner. As well, placing your thumb over the TOP left-hand corner reduces the signal. Note that there is a time lag of several seconds before the meter registers a new reading.
    Your are 100% right for both of these It's not only your PB, but mine too and I suppose this is valid for any unit.'
    Once the signal is improved, you may leave you PB on the desk and the level will remain the same. BTW, the right corners (upper and lower) do not affect the signal.

In my case, the signal level with my left thumb over the upper left bezel corner was -74dB, and on lower left corner, it was -68 dB, an improvement of 6 dB.

Thanks
    12-25-11 08:20 PM
    Experimenting with new PB and successfully downloaded OverDrive Media Console to be able to access MP3 and other e-Book formats as I do on my Curve 3G. However, I cannot figure out how to open the downloaded installation file mediaconsole.jad, which I can see in a file manager in the 'downloads' folder, but can't find such a folder or folder icon on any screen. Therefore, can't figure out how to start installer. Clicking on the program in a file manager merely turns a checkbox on or off.
    JAD files are for bb phones. They will not work on the pb which uses a very different operating system (OS).
    constable24601 likes this.
    12-25-11 11:51 PM
    This one may be familiar to old timers, but it took me two weeks after I got my playbook to stumble on a forum post about this:

You can get free 50gb cloud storage from box.net when you download the box.net app from Appworld. (not sure how long this offer will last?)

Now I don't complain about the playbook missing a microSD slot that much anymore
    batkinson001 likes this.
    01-17-12 11:36 PM
    I don't seem to have it on my keyboard either
    03-18-12 10:04 PM
    I bought a play book from a friend,but when i try to log in, it is asking for a BlackberryID.

what should i do? its a 16GB
    04-09-12 09:48 AM
    I bought a play book from a friend,but when i try to log in, it is asking for a BlackberryID.

what should i do? its a 16GB
    Create a blackberry I'D go to blackberry.com or find the link in setup on the playbook you need a valid email address and an blackberry I'D specific password. This will identify you on the BlackBerry network
    04-09-12 11:40 AM
    This one may be familiar to old timers, but it took me two weeks after I got my playbook to stumble on a forum post about this:

You can get free 50gb cloud storage from box.net when you download the box.net app from Appworld. (not sure how long this offer will last?)

Now I don't complain about the playbook missing a microSD slot that much anymore
    It's still good. Thanks!
    04-09-12 12:42 PM
    thank god! every time I try holding all 3, allI get is the screenshot!
    12-15-12 09:32 PM
248 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD