Both post above are mistyped. Just confirmed and its:

file:/accounts/1000/shared

Which will forward you to:

file:///accounts/1000/shared

You can also just type the one above with 3 /// and you go straight to it.

Best thing to do is add a bookmark to your home screen and then you have a file browser shortcut with your apps.
    10-01-11 06:25 PM
    To see this list with pictures, go to TheAllBlog: BlackBerry PlayBook Tips and Tricks

BlackBerry PlayBook tablet - Manuals and Guides

OS Tips:
    • Mute - Hold the "Play/Pause" Button.
    • Hard Reset - Press and Hold the Power Button along with the Volume Up and Down Buttons.
    • Show Status Bar from Inside App - Swipe diagnally from either top corner.
      Tap the Battery icon in the Status Bar to bring up options to "Turn off/Stand By/Restart" your PlayBook
    • If you hold the uppercase button on the keyboard, it will border it blue, now you can type everything uppercase.
    • Besides tapping in a text field to bring up the keyboard, you can bring it up anytime, any app, by swiping up from the bottom left corner - basically where the little keyboard icon sits when the keyboard is up.
    • By tapping the clock/date on the home screen you can bring up the calendar and then swiping up within the calendar takes you to the Date and Time screen in settings.
    • Auto capitalization, periods, and spell check work in the bridged apps and Docs to Go. Possibly a hint at whats to come system wide.
    • Your PlayBook must be powered on in order to charge it.
    • Wake Up Your PlayBook - Swipe from Bezel to opposite Bezel (Left to Right, Right to Left, Top to Bottom, or Bottom to Top)
    • To Move or Delete an App, press and hold the App's icon for a couple seconds until it starts to pulse.
    • While Bridged: In an email, double tap a link and it will be opened in the browser

Media Tips:
    • Screen Capture - Press Volume Up and Volume Down simultaneously.
    • A quick way to crop an image is to zoom in on the image how you want it cropped and take a screen shot of the zoomed in image.
    • Push and hold the volume up or down key to skip forward or back through your media.
    • While watching a Video, you can pinch-to-zoom to zoom in on the video while it is still playing.

Watch a demo on how to sync media with your PC

Browser Tips:
    • Open a link in a new tab. Press and hold a link and a menu appears.
    • If your in the browser and your trying to enter a address that doesnt end in ".com", you can press the ".com" button and hold it - this will bring up a menu with the following extensions that you can select: ".net", ".org", ".edu", ".gov", ".ca", and ".biz".
    • Double tapping Flash objects such as videos (youtube or embedded videos) or games makes them go full screen.
    • To add a bookmark to your PlayBook Homescreen, press and release the "add bookmark" icon (white star with the + sign). Choose Add to Home Screen, enter a name for the shortcut and you're done.
    • To access local files on your PB, type "file:\\\accounts\1000\shared" into the browser.
    • Double tap an area of the screen to zoom in on that section. Double tap again to zoom out to the full page.

App World Tips:
    • Pull up the keyboard and type "r, s, t" to clear the cache in App World

If you are experiencing Bridge issues, please try the following:

- Delete Bluetooth pairs on both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook
    - Go to Options
    - Go to Network and Connections
    - Go to Bluetooth Connections
    - Press the menu key and choose MAP Options
    - Uncheck all options under Message Services
    - Press the Back button and choose to Save
    - Within the Bluetooth Connections screen, press the menu key
    - Select Options
    - Under Serial Port Profile, uncheck everything but Data Transfer
    - Press the Back button and choose Save

After going through these steps, please restart both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook then attempt to use BlackBerry Bridge again.

Transfer Files to PB 5x Faster:
    Copying files via wi-fi sharing to the playbook typically chugs along at close to 1MB/sec.
    Downloading files in the browser runs much faster (5+ MB/sec).
    Any files placed in the media share are picked up by the media library (music, photo, video apps). This includes the downloads folder.
    So if you happen to have a web-server running on your Mac or PC, you can just make your large media files available via the web server then tap&hold on files to "save link as".

Files will download to the device close to 5x faster via this method.

You can move files around in your wi-fi share afterwards (ie. from downloads/ to videos/) if you want without incurring a copy penalty.

While this may not be terribly convenient for copying multiple files, you can always make a .zip of the files and hunt around for an unzip app. If there isn't one out there yet, you can bet there will be.
    Of course, by then the wi-fi sharing may be running at full speed

How to import security certificates on the BlackBerry PlayBook

Please complete the following steps to import and use security certificates on the BlackBerry� PlayBook™:

Connect the BlackBerry PlayBook to a computer using a USB cable
    If it hasn't already been completed, follow the steps on the PlayBook screen and the computer to install the drivers
    On the PlayBook navigate to the Gear icon and select About
    In the Information drop down list, select Network
    3B. If this is the first time activating the device you will not be able to get the IP address from the PlayBook. Connect the PlayBook to your PC and open the BlackBerry Device Manager. The BlackBerry Device Manager will list the IP address of the PlayBook you can use to access it.

Copy either the IPv4 address listed under USB or Wireless
    On a Windows� computer, open the Run dialog box and type \\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    On a Mac computer, select Go -> Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    Copy the certificate file to the certs share on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    Touch the Gear icon in the top right hand corner of the PlayBook and select Security
    Within the Security menu, select Certificates
    Touch the Import button in the bottom right corner
    Select the certificate to be imported and touch Next
    Select the Class and which certificate store(s) to import the certificate into
    The certificate will now be available when creating a VPN profile, Wi-Fi� profile, or when a accessing a secure website

KB26515-How to import security certificates on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    useful. i love the pb gesture than ipad.
    10-02-11 11:51 PM
    I am having a small problem with my playbook. we got it and paired it with my husbands blackberry b/c i didnt have my blackberry yet. now i got one. now i am trying to pair my blackberry with playbook. pairs fine. icons light up, but when i touch an icon to open one it is not opening. I touch the bridge icon and it says to disconnect or unlock. i press unlock but it is still not letting me open my icons. can we use blackberry bridge with 2 different blackberrys or is it forever attached to his blackberry? can we delete his phone off the list to connect? I need some guidance please?
    10-05-11 07:04 PM
    You can pair it with many bb's. Do you have a password on your phone or the playbook?
    10-05-11 08:14 PM
    Playbook does *not* need to be powered on to be charged. When powered off, it will blink red for a few seconds, then blink orange like a regular BB charging.
    10-11-11 06:26 AM
    my playbook will not charge when off when i first got it i left it charging overnite it was still at like 30 percent when i plugged it in
    10-11-11 09:40 PM
    my playbook will not charge when off when i first got it i left it charging overnite it was still at like 30 percent when i plugged it in
    After a fairly recent OS upgrade, you can now charge the Playbook while its off. You couldn't previously. Mine seems to work. Maybe it has to be the rapid charger or something.

Also, some small tips that have probably been mentioned, but you can move the small icons at the top right with your finger(wifi, bluetooth, orientation...etc). You can charge the playbook using a usb cable or BB charger (slow but does work), and you can speed up the browser by turning off flash and javascript in the browser options if you are not going to use them.
    10-12-11 12:02 AM
    Mine charges fine off with the charger that comes with it. Has since day one and I got it in July I think.
    10-12-11 04:27 AM
    Also, some small tips that have probably been mentioned, but you can move the small icons at the top right with your finger(wifi, bluetooth, orientation...etc).
    How is this done? I don't seem to be able to do this.
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 10-14-11 at 09:29 AM.
    10-12-11 10:15 AM
    Not sure if this tip is here but.

TURN OFF JAVASCRIPT on the browser and your browsing speed goes way up! You can also turn off flash if the stuff your browsing doesn't use it. You will get another speed boost.

Keep wifi off at all times unless you need it. Its a battery leak. I think an os update should fix that tho...
    10-16-11 12:57 AM
    A customer service rep from RIM actually told me that the PB needed to be turned on to charge it. I don't know anything about the quick charger, but I know that I leave mine on to charge.
    10-16-11 10:28 PM
    A customer service rep from RIM actually told me that the PB needed to be turned on to charge it. I don't know anything about the quick charger, but I know that I leave mine on to charge.
    used to be correct. Now on a newer software update the PB can charge while off.
    hudsmom likes this.
    10-17-11 12:23 AM
    Is there any way to click on several pictures, for example, to send as email attachments, or do you have to add them one at a time?
    10-17-11 06:39 AM
    Is there any way to click on several pictures, for example, to send as email attachments, or do you have to add them one at a time?
    You should be able to do this. I have the latest version of the OS installed and even yesterday, using Yahoo Mail I sent an e-mail from my PlayBook and selected a few pictures at once to send as attachments.
    10-17-11 06:48 AM
    Yes, but how? When I click on a second picture, the first check disappears. I'm sure there's a way. How did you do it?
    10-17-11 09:13 AM
    I had my PB bridged to my 9900 and clicked a link for an App World app on the PB browser and it opened App World on my BB. I didn't try to duplicate it yet, maybe it was a one time deal. I guess it could be useful in certain circumstances.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 01:16 AM
    I had my PB bridged to my 9900 and clicked a link for an App World app on the PB browser and it opened App World on my BB. I didn't try to duplicate it yet, maybe it was a one time deal. I guess it could be useful in certain circumstances.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    its one of the cool unintended consequence of recent PB updates. i ithink it does that if the app you want to find is for ur bb rather than for your PB
    10-18-11 02:17 AM
    initially, you needed to leave your PB turned off for it to charge but that bug has been fixed since around June.

now you can do whatever you like...leave it on, off or charge while rocking your PB...it doesnt matter
    10-18-11 02:19 AM
    I am having a small problem with my playbook. we got it and paired it with my husbands blackberry b/c i didnt have my blackberry yet. now i got one. now i am trying to pair my blackberry with playbook. pairs fine. icons light up, but when i touch an icon to open one it is not opening. I touch the bridge icon and it says to disconnect or unlock. i press unlock but it is still not letting me open my icons. can we use blackberry bridge with 2 different blackberrys or is it forever attached to his blackberry? can we delete his phone off the list to connect? I need some guidance please?
    the PB can be paired with many BBs but it will only bridge to one BB at a time. you need to go under 'blackberry bridge', disconnect your husband's bb to allow your bb connect. an easy way is to turn off bluetooth on his bb to auto disconnect the bridge.

dont forget to have bridge app installed on your own bb and have your bb also paired with the PB before you initiate bridging

hola if you need more help
    10-18-11 02:31 AM
    TURN OFF JAVASCRIPT on the browser and your browsing speed goes way up! You can also turn off flash if the stuff your browsing doesn't use it. You will get another speed boost.
    Well, doing some tests to speed up our beloved site forums, it appears that the most effective (and less functionally restrictive) is to disable flash and images. JS is widely used for responses, uploads, etc ...
    (, provided that the "alt" parameter of any image of the site is currently ... hum ...)
    10-18-11 03:55 AM
    Yes, but how? When I click on a second picture, the first check disappears. I'm sure there's a way. How did you do it?
    I really didn't do anything special. I logged in to my Yahoo mail (the actual website mail.yahoo.com) and started to compose an email. I hit the 'Attach Files' button and it took me to My Documents. I hit pictures and just selected the pictures I want. Notice in the pictures I have attached I selected 5 pictures. I am not sure if this only works with yahoo mail...
    10-18-11 08:56 AM
    I added a little bit about installing Android Apps to the 2.0 Beta release.
    10-19-11 08:18 AM
    My phone has texting as part of the plan. I take a lot of pictures and send them to my dh. I don't mind recieving texts from people, but I don't carry a phone all the time either. I don't give out my cell number as my first point of contact.
    10-19-11 09:24 AM
    I have added a few os 2 beta tips and will add more about bridge and android apps when im home from my business trip sometime tomorrow.
    10-19-11 11:49 PM
    Was the sticky removed?
    Nurees likes this.
    10-20-11 07:01 PM
248 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD