the problem i believe is because bridge does not read the SD card inserted into your BB. test this by saving a picture on phone memory and go to BB bridge files to see if you can find it.
    I found this thread on blackberryforums.com this is why bridge files is acting ********, hopefully an update comes soon cause this plabook is getting on my last nerve, the device is beyond buggy.

"According to this KB, its by design:
    KB26606-Supported file types when using Bridge Files on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    When a BlackBerry smartphone is connected to a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet using BlackBerry Bridge, Bridge Files allows access to the files located on the internal memory of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, or from the MicroSD card of the BlackBerry smartphone. The following file types are supported using Bridge Files:

Adobe� Reader� for opening PDF files
    Documents to Go� for opening XLS, XLSX, DOC, DOCX or PPT files"
    05-26-11 10:11 AM
    I posted this in a separate thread the other day but you can read plain TXT files using the browser. If you have plain ascii text files they can be open and read in the Browser.

You have to navigate to the file using the:

file:\\\ entry in the address bar and then going down the subfolder structure till you can point at you xyz.txt file. I found it can also open jpg's that way but we have the photo app for that.
    ErnieH likes this.
    05-26-11 09:07 PM
    I bet you my PB would be able to skip at least ten times if thrown at the correct trajectory across a glassy smooth lake!
    05-30-11 07:12 PM
    I bet you my PB would be able to skip at least ten times if thrown at the correct trajectory across a glassy smooth lake!
    iPad works better.
    06-01-11 09:27 AM
    anyone know a tip for switching between tabs without tapping the top browser area?
    06-04-11 03:05 AM
    i know, try to swipe the top browser area downwards... hehehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 10:36 AM
    To use a streaming service in your browser and avoid having the 5 minute time out shut it down, open an app that supports turning off the auto time out and run it in the foreground while running the bowser with the streaming service running in the background. You'll need to set the playbook to showcase mode to keep the browser running while you open the app. I use Bed-Buzz which is an alarm clock app that can be set to prevent the auto time out from occuring. Can't fix the fact the browser doesn't allow multi tasking though so no browsing while you listen to streaming on another tab.
    06-06-11 01:13 AM
    I had a streaming video playing in a background tab just a little while ago. I got all excited that they fixed this issue, but then when I went to it and left it again, it froze like it should. It was just a glitch that made it work the way it should

I love good glitches!!
    06-07-11 09:36 PM
    To use a streaming service in your browser and avoid having the 5 minute time out shut it down, open an app that supports turning off the auto time out and run it in the foreground while running the bowser with the streaming service running in the background. You'll need to set the playbook to showcase mode to keep the browser running while you open the app. I use Bed-Buzz which is an alarm clock app that can be set to prevent the auto time out from occuring. Can't fix the fact the browser doesn't allow multi tasking though so no browsing while you listen to streaming on another tab.

The best way to get around this issue is to download the free Offline Browser App. I'm not sure what the limitations are of the free trial but it has served it's purpose allowing me to stream online radio whilst using the native browser at the same time. Another alternative now bridge is fixed is to stream the radio via the bridge browser not that it actually works. Of course ensure your phone is on WIFI to avoid a huge data bill.
    06-09-11 04:48 PM
    I think you don't have to type www, just type the address which comes after www like just type yahoo.com and it will take you there.
    yes, i agree with you, the adresses with www and without www come to the same place.
    just like Google and google.com
    06-12-11 10:48 PM
    To be clear on that, with most sites the "www." is unnecessary, while with a few sites it's either necessary to include it, or it leads to a different site altogether. Probably 98% of the time it's fine to leave it off and no big deal if you find a rare case where that's not true...
    06-14-11 08:43 AM
    To be clear on that, with most sites the "www." is unnecessary, while with a few sites it's either necessary to include it, or it leads to a different site altogether. Probably 98% of the time it's fine to leave it off and no big deal if you find a rare case where that's not true...
    Exactly, the web site designer has the ability to control how to handle urls with the "www." and those without it.
    06-14-11 10:47 AM
    Nice, my first successful "Report to Moderator"!!!!
    06-15-11 03:17 PM
    This was doing my head in last week and although I searched everywhere I couldn't find an answer.

With the Weather App open slide your finger down from the top bezel and that will give you another menu with a few options. You can then add or remove locations to the Weather app.

Cheers

Elcuolo
    mtnsrgr8 likes this.
    06-16-11 06:51 AM
    This was doing my head in last week and although I searched everywhere I couldn't find an answer.

With the Weather App open slide your finger down from the top bezel and that will give you another menu with a few options. You can then add or remove locations to the Weather app.

Cheers

Elcuolo
    Thanks. You can actually do that in *most* apps. It seems like ported Flash apps don't have that feature, but most apps developed with the PlayBook in mind have that ability built in.
    06-16-11 11:36 AM
    I'm SO thankful for this thread! CB is the first place I goto when I get a new device. You guys rock with all the tips and tricks...this device ROCKS ! ! !
    mtnsrgr8 and shaunang like this.
    06-17-11 11:43 AM
    Updated with your tips and added one more of my own.

"A quick way to crop an image is to zoom in on the image how you want it cropped and take a screen shot of the zoomed in image"
    Can you explain how I can do a screen shot and screen capture. I have a video I would like to capture parts of to make pictures and I also would like to zoom a picture and do a screen shot, as you talked about
    Thanks in advance!
    06-19-11 07:10 PM
    I'm not sure about "screenshooting" a video but to take a screenshot, press both the VolUp and Voldown buttons at the same time. So first pinch/zoom your photos and then shoot it.
    macandcoal likes this.
    06-19-11 09:46 PM
    Found that while using the browser, you can do a quick zoom in (and back out again) just by doing a quick double tap on the screen. No need to do the two finger spread unless you want to control just how much you zoom in.

...strangely enough, it doesn't seem to work on this forum page but on most sites I have visited, it works fine.
    Last edited by chicken29; 06-20-11 at 05:00 PM.
    06-20-11 04:56 PM
    Found that while using the browser, you can do a quick zoom in (and back out again) just by doing a quick double tap on the screen. No need to do the two finger spread unless you want to control just how much you zoom in.

...strangely enough, it doesn't seem to work on this forum page but on most sites I have visited, it works fine.
    Double-tap works just fine for me on the CB site, as it has for a while!
    06-20-11 05:09 PM
    it works for me on the CB site in general... just not in the forum for some reason.
    06-20-11 06:06 PM
    every time there is an update i was in an area where wifi was available, when the latest update rolled out i was asleep and when i logged on to CB for my daily dose of BB did i realise that there was an update but sadly i was not in a wifi area. i tried downloading the update by tethering my bb to pb and it worked. whats more cooler is that at times when my connection broke the download paused and when the connection came back in it resumed. Thought i lm share this with you guys.
    06-21-11 03:55 PM
    it works for me on the CB site in general... just not in the forum for some reason.
    same, i think i almost put a hole in my screen, thinking it was me.
    06-23-11 06:17 PM
    Hi all,

Perhaps this is all too obvious. To avoid pressing the recessed power button, we could just tap on power icon on top right corner of screen. Then we could choose between power off, reboot & standby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 09:34 PM
    same, i think i almost put a hole in my screen, thinking it was me.
    the double tap is contextual, if you double tap a table cell it makes that cell the width of the screen, so if the table is 50% width it effectively gives you 200% zoom and centres that cell on the screen. on the main site this "hides" the stuff on the right of the screen, but in the forum the text/cell is already set to near 100% width so it doesnt provide any zoom.

if you try it on the text input window on the forum you'll see it sets the width to the full screen size

hope that helps
    06-26-11 06:42 PM
248 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD