bolts:

It appears the only way to delete would be to connect to a computer. The EDIT function only offers Playlist options. In other apps, the Edit (pad with pencil icon) does allow delete. I would be happy if someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    05-17-11 12:26 PM
    I'm gonna bump this for any new PlayBook owners.
    No need, it's now a sticky.
    05-17-11 04:12 PM
    In addition to youtube video's you can double tap Flash media or games to make them full screen. I play Plants vs Zombies via the web version on full screen.
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    05-18-11 01:41 AM
    In addition to youtube video's you can double tap Flash media or games to make them full screen. I play Plants vs Zombies via the web version on full screen.
    This is one of my favorite things about the flash support.
    05-18-11 11:57 AM
    No need, it's now a sticky.
    Wow, cool
    05-18-11 03:34 PM
    To Access Files on your PlayBook, type "file:///accounts/1000/shared" into your browser
    I love this feature. Use it to run downloaded flash games (*.swf) offline when not connected to internet. Just downloaded the flash game i wanna play to my downloads folder and launch it by browsing to it in the browser. Best thing is you can then add a homescreen shortcut to the flash game from the offline link by pressing the add favorite button (Plus star button).
    05-18-11 08:04 PM
    I love this feature. Use it to run downloaded flash games (*.swf) offline when not connected to internet. Just downloaded the flash game i wanna play to my downloads folder and launch it by browsing to it in the browser. Best thing is you can then add a homescreen shortcut to the flash game from the offline link by pressing the add favorite button (Plus star button).
    I'm going to test this out a little bit more. I found a website called File2HD.com that will bring you to the *.swf file without all the other BS on the webpage. Then you can bookmark the actual game and go directly to that without the other crap.

My question to you is, how do you "download" the flash game on the PB so you can play it offline?
    05-19-11 10:16 AM
    I would love to find a way to have a pointer with a hover function (to preview the first lines in message board threads, for example). Maybe it will make it onto an upcoming release.
    Try touching the screen without letting go. Once you let go, it is interpreted as a click. To avoid "clicking", move your finger to an area with no hyperlink.
    Last edited by user_at_crackberry; 05-19-11 at 11:40 AM.
    05-19-11 11:38 AM
    I'm going to test this out a little bit more. I found a website called File2HD.com that will bring you to the *.swf file without all the other BS on the webpage. Then you can bookmark the actual game and go directly to that without the other crap.

My question to you is, how do you "download" the flash game on the PB so you can play it offline?
    I am not sure how to from the PB's browser, it's pretty easy to do on the computer and then transfer the file to the PB. Which browser do you use?

Opera
    type opera:cache in the addy bar. You will see a list of page elements and then hit (Ctrl+F) Search, and type swf. Right click the .swf file and choose 'Save to Downloaded Folder or Saved linked content as...

Firefox
    Browse to any page that has the flash content you want to download. Let the initial animation play all the way through. On a dead part of the page, right-click and choose View Page Info. Click on the second tab (Media) and scroll until you see the .swf file that you want. Highlight and hit Save As.

IE
    Goto Temporary Internet Files Folder.

Then just transfer em over to the PB and then you can launch em offline.
    05-20-11 01:11 AM
    I love that they included the .ca extension. I wonder if there will be an update for the new .xxx extension that will be coming out. LOL
    lol I highly doubt that, but hey stranger things have happened. Also, it only makes sense that .ca is included, RIM's headquarters is in Canada.
    05-20-11 09:05 AM
    ok i dont know if its my playbook or what but the only files i can access on bridge files is documents, when i try viewing other files on both pb and bb it says "there are no files that can be open in this application" i mean you can see the folders that i have on bb but you cant view whats in them, the same goes for the plabook, the only files you can view is the ones in documents. Is this a bug or what, is anyone having this issue cause am pretty concerned. i tried downloading an file exploring app from app world, but when ever i click on pictures or music thats in my bb the file shows up with a question mark. Some one plese help i would like to know the reason behind this. Thanks.
    05-20-11 09:33 AM
    ok i dont know if its my playbook or what but the only files i can access on bridge files is documents, when i try viewing other files on both pb and bb it says "there are no files that can be open in this application" i mean you can see the folders that i have on bb but you cant view whats in them, the same goes for the plabook, the only files you can view is the ones in documents. Is this a bug or what, is anyone having this issue cause am pretty concerned. i tried downloading an file exploring app from app world, but when ever i click on pictures or music thats in my bb the file shows up with a question mark. Some one plese help i would like to know the reason behind this. Thanks.
    Tap on the Bridge icon at the top right of the PB and be sure it is not LOCKED. In LOCKED mode you can't see your BB files, must be UNLOCKED.
    05-21-11 05:59 AM
    Tap on the Bridge icon at the top right of the PB and be sure it is not LOCKED. In LOCKED mode you can't see your BB files, must be UNLOCKED.
    Hey it is unlocked, like i realize when it is locked you cant get to view nothing at all on your bb, which is not my issue, my issue is that i cannot view no file at all on my bb through bridge files, am able to see the folders but not the files which are in them and for the pb i can only view documents alone in bridge files, i'm trying to wonder if am the only with this issue cause no one else seems to reporting this issue. also is there a way you can transfer files from your bb to your pb using the pb? yes i know can do through my computer but i am wondering if this is possible, i tried using jeeosuite in which i was able to view the files on my bb but when i tried saving the file on my pb it wont i mean it would give you the option to save but i click save, there would be nothing in the location i saved it in. Someone let me if am the only one with this issue, thanks.
    05-22-11 10:11 AM
    Haven't seen this one before but maybe it has been mentioned in the past...
    Everyone knows you can wake from sleep by swiping up.
    However, if you just let your Pb sleep due to inactivity, you can wake it with two quick taps anywhere on the screen.
    The double tap method does not work if you use the power button to sleep, only a swipe up works for that.
    I rarely use the power button, so a double tap is better for me and my greasy fingers.
    ;>)
    05-22-11 03:47 PM
    While you are watching a movie using the hdmi out on your TV, double tap the top left corner of the screen to minimize the window on the playbook, but keeps playing full size on your TV. You can then go to work on the playbook, while your family enjoys the movie.

Try out the Kobo app. You get two free books just for making an account. All you need to do is give an email address and set a password. Once you are logged on you can check out the other 195 free ebook titles you may wish to download. Files take about 45 seconds to download and you are set.
    mtnsrgr8 likes this.
    05-23-11 11:31 AM
    i noticed if you press on the side bezel it will lock the screen position. you can swipe up or down it won't move.
    alantan likes this.
    05-23-11 12:54 PM
    SPELL CHECK IS 'AVAILABLE' ON PB MESSAGES

When you are using PB for 'Bridge Messages' there MAY BE a red underline for wrongly spelled words.
    There is no dictionary correction available on the PB.
    TO CHANGE THE WORD:
    Go to your BB phone and open the e-mail folder.
    Open the message currently in editing on the PB.
    You will see the same word underlined.
    Use the BB phone's spell check.
    Changes made on the phone will appear on the PB message.
    05-23-11 12:59 PM
    i noticed if you press on the side bezel it will lock the screen position. you can swipe up or down it won't move.
    GOOD HINT
    The finger 'holding' the 'scroll' must be held on the black area right next to the white screen. "HOLD" for the opposite finger is only so long as the 'hold' finger is on the screen.
    alantan likes this.
    05-23-11 01:07 PM
    the problem i believe is because bridge does not read the SD card inserted into your BB. test this by saving a picture on phone memory and go to BB bridge files to see if you can find it.
    05-24-11 02:14 PM
    I've been downloading some wallpapers via the browser and saving them in the downloads folder, now when I go into Gallery they don't show, tried putting them in the camera folder but no luck.

Also tried opening the pics via AIR Browser and opening them, which does nothing and opens gallery showing the standard wallpapers.

Anyone figured this out?
    05-25-11 08:57 AM
    Put them in the "photos" folder. You can have subfolders here for various classes or designs of wallpapers, and these will show up in your "Pictures" app.
    05-25-11 10:59 AM
    Still doesn't see the file... :3
    05-25-11 11:56 AM
    Thank you all, mi ID Playbook is [email protected] if somebody speak in Spanish or italian is better, english I need to improve, reggards to all user for playbook
    05-25-11 01:08 PM
    It`s a great tablet this one from RIM. Some say is even better that the ipad. I really want to have it !!!
    If anobody wants to check out a review of it, here it is!.
    05-25-11 04:10 PM
    I've been downloading some wallpapers via the browser and saving them in the downloads folder, now when I go into Gallery they don't show, tried putting them in the camera folder but no luck.

Also tried opening the pics via AIR Browser and opening them, which does nothing and opens gallery showing the standard wallpapers.

Anyone figured this out?
    rename your downloaded file and then add ".jpeg" to the file

ex. wallpaper1.jpeg
    05-25-11 09:49 PM
248 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD