Look what I found on the BlackBerry website...the manual.

BlackBerry PlayBook tablet - Manuals and Guides
    04-29-11 01:05 PM
    Thank you!
    04-29-11 01:52 PM
    Help on Screen Capture:

do you hold them both Volume up and down at the same time? and for how long..

for some reason i cant get it to capture the screen.. im on .1710 software...

Thanks.
    04-30-11 03:16 AM
    Help on Screen Capture:

do you hold them both Volume up and down at the same time? and for how long..

for some reason i cant get it to capture the screen.. im on .1710 software...

Thanks.
    If you are on BES and have Bridge active, you can't take a screenshot.
    04-30-11 11:31 AM
    Whether or not this applies only to my unit... I have discovered that in an area of marginal wifi coverage (one or two bars) the signal will improve by one or two bars if you hold the PB in landscape mode with your left thumb over the lower LEFT bezel corner (diagonally opposite to 3.5mm jack) with as much of your palm as possible on bottom of unit....apparently one of the antenna PCB's is in this corner. As well, placing your thumb over the TOP left-hand corner reduces the signal. Note that there is a time lag of several seconds before the meter registers a new reading.
    mikija11 and duwdu like this.
    04-30-11 12:53 PM
    I posted this in response to another thread but it might be helpful in this one:

When viewing an email message in the Bridge mode and "link" won't open browser.

I experimented the other day after being unable to click ( almost pounded on the darn link) on what I thought was a link I had sent myself. I knew I had clicked on a link before using the Bridge mode and reading email. I went back and found another email from a friend. The link in the second email was clickable. I looked them over and compared the two.

The link I had sent myself (from TheBat email program) was PURE TEXT. It looked like a link but it was not blue - therefore, not clickable. The one from the friend would highlight in blue and was clickable. Explored further and found that I was using TEXT mode when composing my email. I changed to html mode and resent the email and the link was live/clickable.

So it will depend on how the email you receive was composed. Some programs/folks prefer straight text - that way no hidden links (virus/malware) will result. But the "http://www.xyz.com" will merely be unclickable text. You will have to manually copy/paste to use the link.

And, yes, an important issue: the same email and link that was UNclickable on the PB was fully clickable on my 9650/Bold. So the pb and bb phones work differently.
    LesIsTechSavy likes this.
    04-30-11 02:29 PM
    Did anyone else know how to move the icons around by pressing and holding? Useful to put downloaded apps into the correct tab e.g Games.
    04-30-11 05:57 PM
    For example...a Game App in "All"...just press and hold the App icon until it starts flashing...then drag it to "Games". The icon now appears in "Games" as well as in "All".
    04-30-11 09:41 PM
    For example...a Game App in "All"...just press and hold the App icon until it starts flashing...then drag it to "Games". The icon now appears in "Games" as well as in "All".
    how does one create new tabs....currently there r only 4 tabs....but that is not enough to keep things organised on my playbook !!!!
    04-30-11 11:29 PM
    I don't believe you can create additional tabs - one can only hope rim opens the platform to a bit more user tweaking.
    05-01-11 12:19 AM
    Did anyone else know how to move the icons around by pressing and holding? Useful to put downloaded apps into the correct tab e.g Games.
    hmm. all the games that i have installed automaticaly are placed in that tab as well.

my guess is ifthey are not auto-showing there, then there is a challenge with their data string and the pb is not placing it there. otherwise it is autmatic
    05-01-11 12:30 AM
    When you have an app in full screen and there are other apps running, you can get to them by swiping from the side frames in. Might be obvious to some but I just found it.
    mtnsrgr8 likes this.
    05-01-11 10:05 AM
    all my games have automatically been in the games tab
    05-01-11 10:25 AM
    Not mine...when I download a free blackjack game , for example, from App World...it only shows up under "All". With a News or media App, however, it shows up under Media.
    05-01-11 11:51 AM
    Has anyone tried sending an email from the bridge app. Works for me, to my suprise!
    05-01-11 04:35 PM
    Interesting thread! Thanks for all the tips!
    05-01-11 06:21 PM
    If you press and hold any Icon or app or link for a couple seconds they all flash. Then a little trash can appears at each to delete. You can also move them around.
    05-03-11 09:32 AM
    If you press and hold any Icon or app or link for a couple seconds they all flash. Then a little trash can appears at each to delete. You can also move them around.
    Just don't delete any preinstalled apps, they will show up as an OS update afterwards.
    05-03-11 09:33 AM
    I posted this in response to another thread but it might be helpful in this one:

When viewing an email message in the Bridge mode and "link" won't open browser.
    Links in emails now open fine after 1.0.3.1868 update
    05-03-11 09:45 AM
    That was a well needed update. They still need to fix the damn typing!
    05-03-11 12:56 PM
    Dont know if this has been mentioned but while on App world if you bring the keyboard out and type rst, it will clear the cache just like on your BB.
    05-04-11 09:20 PM
    Not mine...when I download a free blackjack game , for example, from App World...it only shows up under "All". With a News or media App, however, it shows up under Media.
    Getting the app to show up under the correct category is a developer thing: we can tell the PlayBook where to put the app using the app's config file. If a game is not showing in the Games category, the likely cause is that the developer didn't set it in the config file.
    Last edited by blueinc; 05-12-11 at 10:12 AM.
    roger33-33 likes this.
    05-12-11 10:03 AM
    I'm gonna bump this for any new PlayBook owners.
    05-17-11 10:15 AM
    Dont know if this has been mentioned but while on App world if you bring the keyboard out and type rst, it will clear the cache just like on your BB.
    what does it do?
    05-17-11 10:28 AM
    does anyone know how to delete a music track from the playbook
    05-17-11 11:30 AM
248 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD