I was just about to say the same thing.

Any other good tips and tricks so far?
    Besides tapping in a text field to bring up the keyboard, you can bring it up anytime, any app, by swiping up from the bottom left corner - basically where the little keyboard icon sits when the keyboard is up.
    04-23-11 01:34 PM
    When inside an app, and in app switching mode, "moving finger from bezel to app on the left or right" You can swipe from upper screen (in the middle) to the top bezel, this will close the app.
    04-23-11 01:38 PM
    When inside an app, and in app switching mode, "moving finger from bezel to app on the left or right" You can swipe from upper screen (in the middle) to the top bezel, this will close the app.
    Not understanding this. Could you elaborate please.

Edit: ok......I got it. You close the app during the "move" process.

Thanks.
    04-23-11 01:49 PM
    Any one figure out if there is an "Alt+backspace" feature for "Delete" yet? I can't get it to work on 1710. . Thanks!
    04-23-11 02:06 PM
    Besides tapping in a text field to bring up the keyboard, you can bring it up anytime, any app, by swiping up from the bottom left corner - basically where the little keyboard icon sits when the keyboard is up.

ha! I WAS JUST GOING TO post the same thing....lol.
    04-23-11 03:40 PM
    By tapping the clock/date on the home screen you can bring up the calendar and then swiping up within the calendar takes you to the Date and Time screen in settings.

Update - In the icons depicting calendar, bluetooth, wifi and battery if you tap them you get a dialog box of that item (we all know that) but if you tap the actual icon it will take you to the settings for that particular icon. So tap wifi get wifi box and then tap wifi icon and the wifi settings menu will drop down, same for others. Battery will bring you to Screen settings.
    Last edited by ab345; 04-25-11 at 07:06 PM.
    04-23-11 03:52 PM
    One that hasn't been mentioned is when in the web browser if you double tap the screen, it will zoom in on the frame so it fits perfect on the screen. Then if you double tap again, it will zoom out and adjust to view the entire page. Makes browsing and reading so much easier than pinch and zoom which I had the tendency to hit links sometimes.
    NeilMak and mtnsrgr8 like this.
    04-23-11 05:20 PM
    two I haven't seen mentioned: the upper left corner flashes and then stays red when you have unopened email messages and the caller ID shows up on the screen when you have an incoming call. Both of these are when bridged.
    04-23-11 07:09 PM
    Original Post has been updated again.
    lboudreau likes this.
    04-23-11 08:54 PM
    Double tapping videos such as youtube and embedded vids on crackberry etc. Makes them go full screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 10:02 PM
    OK this is more like a prank, than a tip or trick, but it's cool none the less. Make a screencap (press both volume buttons) of your homescreen, then open that picture, and then hand your PB to someone to "check" out. And then watch as nothing works for them. My girlfriend was practically pounding on the browser icon!
    walcolm, zzzdamian, BBMINI and 5 others like this.
    04-23-11 10:23 PM
    OK this is more like a prank, than a tip or trick, but it's cool no the less. Make a screencap (press both volume buttons) of your homescreen, then open that picture, and then hand your PB to someone to "check" out. And then watch as nothing works for them. My girlfriend was practically pounding on the browser icon!
    Oh that's evil. You should have shown her how it works for you then told her you must have forgotten to turn off the DNA scanner.
    04-23-11 10:38 PM
    Don't need to hold the volume up button for a hard reset, only the volume down.
    walcolm and castoridae like this.
    04-23-11 10:39 PM
    I would love to find a way to have a pointer with a hover function (to preview the first lines in message board threads, for example). Maybe it will make it onto an upcoming release.
    boozella likes this.
    04-23-11 11:38 PM
    I have found a way to skip in the music player using a combination of the play/pause and the volume up/down button... seems to be inconsistent though. The first few times I pushed and held the vol up and play button and it skipped forwards. This works both with the screen on and off. Can someone else try and see if they can figure it out?
    04-24-11 11:42 AM
    Nevermind... figured it out. Push and hold the volume up or down key to skip forward or back, respectively. Awesome!
    04-24-11 11:44 AM
    two I haven't seen mentioned: the upper left corner flashes and then stays red when you have unopened email messages and the caller ID shows up on the screen when you have an incoming call. Both of these are when bridged.
    The caller ID thing does not seem to work on GSM, I just get a large lock symbol, which lets me know that I must have a call coming in. I don't even get a ring. I would love to get the caller ID to pop up on the screen, any ideas?
    lboudreau and Alberta Blue like this.
    04-24-11 01:36 PM
    Nevermind... figured it out. Push and hold the volume up or down key to skip forward or back, respectively. Awesome!
    This also works on BlackBerry smartphones.
    04-24-11 02:20 PM
    Updated and organized a bit. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. If there are anymore, please post them below!
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 04-25-11 at 02:45 PM.
    04-25-11 11:13 AM
    The caller ID thing does not seem to work on GSM, I just get a large lock symbol, which lets me know that I must have a call coming in. I don't even get a ring. I would love to get the caller ID to pop up on the screen, any ideas?
    Works on my AT&T device while bridged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 02:22 PM
    Not to veer off topic but what's the security concern?
    You use the bridge browser or bridge e-mail to access info on your corporate network, take a screenshot, then you could use webmail or some other way to get that info to someone else without your company even knowing.
    04-25-11 02:32 PM
    You use the bridge browser or bridge e-mail to access info on your corporate network, take a screenshot, then you could use webmail or some other way to get that info to someone else without your company even knowing.
    Exactly. BES BlackBerry's have always had restrictions. I have no problem with this feature disabled for BES users on the PlayBook.
    04-25-11 02:46 PM
    Here's a poor-man's Calendar solution for those without the bridge app (Warning: requires frequent manual updates!)
    Bring up your calendar up in the browser, in whatever form works for you. Take screenshot(s) of the month, week, individual days as needed. You can then quickly look at the pages in the picture app. It works, and it's really handy to swipe left and right through multiple days if you take a pic of each day (for those of you that have many appointments per day).
    04-25-11 05:25 PM
    Haha, poor mans calendar!
    04-25-11 06:51 PM
    Added:
    • To Access Files on your PlayBook, type "file:///accounts/1000/shared" into your browser
    upsetter212 and jonasbeaver like this.
    04-25-11 08:29 PM
248 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD