Ok, before I get a PlayBook on release, there is only one thing stopping me...tethering charges? I would really like to know if there are any before I prepare to get it on the launch date.
    03-15-11 06:16 PM
    Ok, before I get a PlayBook on release, there is only one thing stopping me...tethering charges? I would really like to know if there are any before I prepare to get it on the launch date.
    No one's said anything yet, sorry.
    03-15-11 06:17 PM
    if your carrier charges for tethering expect to pay the tething charge. VZW charges for it BTW
    03-15-11 06:26 PM
    No one's said anything yet, sorry.
    Huh, yeah I agree, very interesting question. Surprised no one has thought about that.
    03-15-11 06:27 PM
    Remember it's also wifi which doesn't cost anything in most places these days, and tethering is only going to be used when you don't have wifi access.
    03-15-11 06:45 PM
    Huh, yeah I agree, very interesting question. Surprised no one has thought about that.
    Hahahah actually a bajillion (real number ) people have asked haha
    03-15-11 06:47 PM
    All along, I thought one of the strong points about the PB was that you could tether it to your BB for internet access. I believed with my unlimited data plan on my phone, I would have instant PB connectivity, without any additional charges.

Have I been wrong all along?
    03-15-11 07:04 PM
    All along, I thought one of the strong points about the PB was that you could tether it to your BB for internet access. I believed with my unlimited data plan on my phone, I would have instant PB connectivity, without any additional charges.

Have I been wrong all along?
    Probably..
    03-15-11 07:07 PM
    yes i beleive so
    03-15-11 07:07 PM
    I'm sure (or actually just hoping) the wonderful people at Tether will come to our rescue.
    03-15-11 07:13 PM
    I'm sure (or actually just hoping) the wonderful people at Tether will come to our rescue.
    Oh yeah, i'll be first in cyber line haha
    03-15-11 07:13 PM
    Rumor has it Tether WILL have a PB version.
    03-15-11 07:16 PM
    Rumor has it Tether WILL have a PB version.
    I sure hope so. The availability of a Tether app is the deciding factor for me as to whether I buy a PB.
    03-15-11 07:24 PM
    I sure hope so. The availability of a Tether app is the deciding factor for me as to whether I buy a PB.
    Since it's a deciding factor I will share this email exchange.....

from

Tether Support <help(at)tether.com>

reply-to

help(at)tether.com

to

[email protected]

date

Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:32 AM

subject

[#PBY-875-47212]: Re: Tether Turns 2! Win a BlackBerry PlayBook & Special Pricing

mailed-by

email.tether.com

signed-by

tether.com

hide details Mar 11 (5 days ago)

Images are not displayed.
    Display images below - Always display images from [email protected]

Tether will have a Playbook version once it has been released.
    Thanks,
    Matthew

--
    Technical Support
    Tether BlackBerry, Tether Android | Tether.com

Follow us on Twitter: Tether.com (Tethercom) on Twitter
    Friend us on Facebook: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
    Group on LinkedIn: Tether - The Web Anywhere group | LinkedIn

Ticket History [email protected] (Client) Posted On: 10 March 2011 06:45 PM

I'm hoping you'll have a PlayBook version!
    Rich
    Forums Moderator
    CrackBerry.com
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

EDIT: I XXXXed out my email, and I made tether's email difficult for spammer's to grab. BUT otherwise it's a straight copy and paste!
    bpgui likes this.
    03-15-11 07:43 PM
    Great! Thanks.
    03-15-11 07:45 PM

Tether will have a Playbook version once it has been released.
    Thanks,
    Matthew
    03-15-11 07:46 PM
    What happened was I jokingly responded to their recent email about the playbook contest, and special price email they had sent out and said "I'm hoping you'll have a PlayBook version" I NEVER expected a response, but they treated it like a trouble ticket and sent that response, needless to say I was VERY happy!!!!!!
    03-15-11 07:51 PM
    What happened was I jokingly responded to their recent email about the playbook contest, and special price email they had sent out and said "I'm hoping you'll have a PlayBook version" I NEVER expected a response, but they treated it like a trouble ticket and sent that response, needless to say I was VERY happy!!!!!!
    screw convertible case, tether is next on my list!
    03-15-11 07:53 PM
    Hahahah actually a bajillion (real number ) people have asked haha
    Hence, my sarcasm.
    03-15-11 08:18 PM
    Hence, my sarcasm.
    use /sarcasm so i know haha, not so good telling from typing haha
    03-15-11 08:19 PM
    Just the simple fact that the bridge and the tether are separate, belies (is that the word I want), the fact that the carriers WILL charge for tethering, at leadt most of them will.
    03-15-11 08:25 PM
    belies (is that the word I want)
    I thought it was the right word, until I looked up the definition (to see if we were spelling it correctly): Belies | Define Belies at Dictionary.com

Turns out it doesn't quite mean what I thought it did. I always thought it meant "indicates" or "is evidence of"... not the opposite.
    03-15-11 08:52 PM
    Just the simple fact that the bridge and the tether are separate, substantiates (better word), the fact that the carriers WILL charge for tethering, at leadt most of them will.
    I fixed it!
    03-15-11 10:12 PM
    Can tether work over Bluetooth?
    03-16-11 08:02 AM
    Can tether work over Bluetooth?
    Yes it can.
    03-16-11 08:03 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD