Hi.
    I cannot get my PB to synchronize to download photos etc. through the Desktop Manager.
    The computer (running Win7), recognises the playbook okay, I can back up okay, but I can't configure for sync.
    I've restarted computer and PB but to no avail.
    Any ideas???

Thanks
    06-03-13 04:07 AM
    I probably can't help with the sync process since I have never trusted syncing software of any kind. I manually drag/drop any files I want from my computer to the pb or the other way using Windows Explorer and wifi-sharing. I am in control and I don't wind up with the "computer" deciding to delete or re-copy files that I did not want changed.

One thing I have seen suggested is to UNinstall and REinstall the Desktop Software. Another thing, some folks like Rim's newer LINK software which can be found on their site (google link and blackberry). While the pb is not necessarily mentioned, it works for the pb and the new bb10 phones.
    06-03-13 07:44 AM
    For me the link is certainly better than the DTM. For once I have no issues backing up my playbook.
    addickted likes this.
    06-03-13 08:22 AM
    Further investigation reveals that I can back up the PB, but when I open up 'My Computer' the PB is not there??? I have no problem with my 9900 using same cable etc.
    Confused.
    It used to work okay.....
    06-03-13 12:51 PM
    Again, you can try UN-REinstalling the software. It sounds like a Driver problem. Since you say it use to work, what have you changed on your computer?
    addickted likes this.
    06-03-13 04:28 PM
    Eventually found it to be my Firewall. I'm running AVG 2013. I disabled it ran all the syncs then re-established the FW. Even when properly connected the PB still isn't shown as a Hard disk drive on 'My Computer' BTW.

Happy Bunny

now if only I knew how to configure AVG to allow the PB, I'd be an even happier bunny...............
    06-04-13 12:45 PM
    I have not used avg in a while. I'm sure that there's a settings or options page or tab that would allow or give permission to the Blackberry software.
    06-04-13 03:31 PM