Now everyone knows that the PB is due out soon, but I'm just curious, what about a pod for syncing and charging. As a BlackBerry Torch 9800 user with a sync/charge pod, I know how great it'll be to have one for the PlayBook. So, does anyone know if there is one coming?
    03-19-11 06:23 AM
    Looks like there's a charging stand, but doesn't have sync function (kind of surprised about that actually):
    BlackBerry Rapid Charging Stand for PlayBook - CrackBerry Canada

And if this is the exhaustive list of OEM accessories so far, looks like there isn't anything else that allows sync...
    BlackBerry PlayBook OEM accessories and accessory pricing allegedly revealed | BGR
    03-19-11 08:15 AM
    It looks like the charging stands use the Bold/Curve metal prong technology as opposed to the Torch/Storm usb slide in system. Personally I would MUCH rather have the Charging stand that uses the touching prongs to charge and not be able to sync than have the Torch/Storm style where you have to slide the thing into the stand.
    03-19-11 09:18 AM
    Well, I decided to google image search the rapid charging stand that had been suggested, and found this. It looks nice. However take note, it looks like it will use the MicroUSB, but props it up at a nice angle

P.S. I was only after a charging stand really. I mean I don't even use the Sync capabilities on my BlackBerry Torch's sync/charge pod, I just use it as a charging stand in my bedroom. Might start taking it with me to sync while at Uni, it'd look sleek in that pod...
    03-19-11 09:42 AM
    Fairly sure that's the oem stand and uses the magsafe jack not micro usb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 09:48 AM
    Fairly sure that's the oem stand and uses the magsafe jack not micro usb
    Actually it has both.

BlackBerry PlayBook Has Two Charging Ports – USB and Magnetic - BerryReview
    03-19-11 12:00 PM
    The PB itself has both, the stand only has the magjack.
    03-19-11 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD