Is it me or does it take the PlayBook an extremely long time to sync media on to it? I have an mac pro workstation and two bold 9930s personal/business and a PlayBook.It takes my 64PlayBook longer than over night to resync my media? Why and that's only pics
    05-03-12 05:16 PM
    I wonder how are you doing the sync, how many files you're handling and the total size of the load....
    05-03-12 07:10 PM
    I wonder how are you doing the sync, how many files you're handling and the total size of the load....
    Well I plug the PlayBook up and the folder pops up on my desk top! Then I open the folder depending on what type of media I'm putting on it pics or movies then I slide the pics from I photo over into the PlayBook forlder! The same with music and videos I just slide the media into the PlayBook folder!
    05-04-12 05:22 AM
    I have a little project that generates files approx. 40 - 60 MB each. I generate the file on my laptop using windows software. Then I transfer the completed file to my PB over usb 2.0. I've measured it with a stopwatch & each file takes about a 15 seconds or so to complete the file transfer.

As far as I know, the time it takes is fairly constant in the range of 200 MB per minute, plus or minus. To run at this rate overnight would take 200 MB/min x 60 minutes per hour x 8 hours = 96,000 MB = 96 GB.

Usb 2.0 has a rated speed > 400 MB per second but it never really gets that fast on my system.

Bottom line: it shouldn't take overnight no matter how much data you have on your PB.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 05-04-12 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Fix typo
    05-04-12 11:14 AM
    I have this same issue my playbook can take hours to transfer 5 gigs
    05-05-12 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD