BlackBerry PlayBook gets shown off in portrait mode at SXSW | CrackBerry.com

That looks awesome! Ready for release? It is for me :P
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 03-12-11 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Fixed URL syntax.
    03-12-11 11:56 AM
    beautiful........simply beautiful lol.

Im ready to see more of the hidden features they haven't shown off yet though
    03-12-11 12:01 PM
    beautiful........simply beautiful lol.

Im ready to see more of the hidden features they haven't shown off yet though
    There probably is only one or two major features they haven't shown. The rest will probably be the small, unique features (my favorites)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-11 12:14 PM
    There's a thread here for it, along with another video of an in-depth overview:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/mo...-video-594149/
    03-12-11 12:22 PM
    The os seemed very fluid and the portrait mode is amazing. I love that the bezel gestures rotate their function with the screen rotation. Did anyone else notice some choopyness in the 7 digital music store? This might be due to it being so new...

03-12-11 12:23 PM
    Did they modify slightly the left/right bezel gesture? Maybe I'm wrong but previously, I think the gesture would zoom out the app window and then you would swipe left/right to switch to another app. Now, the bezel gesture itself switches the apps.

By the way, funny this thread's mood is so different from the other (whinny) thread.
    03-12-11 12:35 PM
    I want it now!!!!!

03-12-11 12:50 PM
    The PB is still looking great! Bring it on, so I can "kick the tires" to see if I REALLY want one.
    03-12-11 12:59 PM
    The PB is still looking great! Bring it on, so I can "kick the tires" to see if I REALLY want one.
    I'm gonna run up, tap the tire with my pinky then say "get me one, and get me one while I'm waiting"

NobleSix likes this.
    03-12-11 01:33 PM
    The os seemed very fluid and the portrait mode is amazing. I love that the bezel gestures rotate their function with the screen rotation. Did anyone else notice some choopyness in the 7 digital music store? This might be due to it being so new...

I think it was choppy due to the fact it was accessing data via a 3G wifi hotspot (iphone or android) in a sketchy coverage area.

03-12-11 01:34 PM
    I'm gonna run up, tap the tire with my pinky then say "get me one, and get me one while I'm waiting"

This ...

03-12-11 01:36 PM
    I think it was choppy due to the fact it was accessing data via a 3G wifi hotspot (iphone or android) in a sketchy coverage area.

Why couldn't it be a 6.1 BB?
    03-12-11 02:16 PM
    New stuff i noticed in the video

*Newish looking battery icon

*"BlackBerry" tab on the menus is now "BlackBerry Bridge"

*Highlight over selected menu (All, Favorites, BlackBerry Bridge, etc..) is now blue instead of a transparent gray.

*portrait (duh) looking SAWEET
    03-12-11 02:31 PM

*Highlight over selected menu (All, Favorites, BlackBerry Bridge, etc..) is now blue instead of a transparent gray.

Because you noticed those subtle differences, I have to say "you have too much time on your hands!!". LOL!
    03-12-11 02:44 PM
    @ 3:40 Automagically lol
    03-12-11 02:45 PM
    Camera, clock, calculator, and browser icons have changed as well for the better. Really like the new clock one in particular. Looks like a watch face. Referenced BGR hands on.
    03-12-11 02:57 PM

ya missed Appworld being installed and bing

the battery icon looks the same to me, but the wifi and battery have been `switched`. plus theres a new icon by the side of the bluretooth, and is that a notification in the top left? first iv seenn of it.

also the `side swipe` multitasking seems to work same as b4

if anyone wants to compare, heres a vid i shot yesterday, but its the MWC build (i show all the options screens)

Because you noticed those subtle differences, I have to say "you have too much time on your hands!!". LOL!
    to be fair i spotted the blue highlight and stuff as well lol, but didnt notice BlackBerry Bridge now.
    03-12-11 03:03 PM
    anyone notice the little green loading icon? is that in the bezel?
    03-12-11 03:19 PM
    hahaha let's just say i have a disorder and one of the "perks" is insane attention to detail :P and yes, i'm serious hahaha people compliment me on it all the time and i'm like "well there's more to the story" hahahhaa
    03-12-11 03:25 PM
    Color me impressed....The playbook looks like a solid device...
    03-12-11 03:27 PM
    ya missed Appworld being installed and bing

the battery icon looks the same to me, but the wifi and battery have been `switched`. plus theres a new icon by the side of the bluretooth, and is that a notification in the top left? first iv seenn of it.

also the `side swipe` multitasking seems to work same as b4

if anyone wants to compare, heres a vid i shot yesterday, but its the MWC build (i show all the options screens)

to be fair i spotted the blue highlight and stuff as well lol, but didnt notice BlackBerry Bridge now.
    That new icon beside bluetooth was in the BlackBerry NYC video, i just thought noone would know what it was haha.

I WANT ONE NOW. that is like .000000001% away from GM

Color me impressed....The playbook looks like a solid device...
    HA! that's funny! i'm keeping that for later use haha
    03-12-11 03:29 PM

Nice vid. I noticed a "Calendar" icon. Was I seeing things? Does this imply a native calendar on the PB?

03-12-11 03:49 PM
    Nice vid. I noticed a "Calendar" icon. Was I seeing things? Does this imply a native calendar on the PB?

i remember that from one of the hundreds of videos i've drooled over.
    03-12-11 03:50 PM
    i remember that from one of the hundreds of videos i've drooled over.
    haha ya dont rememeber the vid tho, was shot yesterday by me

the calendar icon is under the bridge section so i dont think is `native` as such (didnt work as no bridged BB available)
    03-12-11 03:57 PM
    haha ya dont rememeber the vid tho, was shot yesterday by me

the calendar icon is under the bridge section so i dont think is `native` as such (didnt work as no bridged BB available)
    this was a while back, February maybe. but i could be going crazy. i specifically remember the calendar being opened w/out being paired to a bb. oh well, i'm craza
    03-12-11 04:00 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD