Hi,

yesterday my playbook wen't automatically back to os 1 after a restart. I had the beta os2 running. Now I tried to do an update again to os2 but it switched back again without doing anything. Did this happen to anybody here before??

The problem is: the apps are not working anymore, not even the browser.

Jürgen
    02-07-12 12:57 PM
    Your not the first one and I don't think an explanation was ever given.
    You will have use the debrick method to go back to OS1 I believe.
    When you do it you will lose all your data so get anything off the PB you want to save. Backups from OS2 won't work for OS1.
    02-07-12 01:07 PM
    There are posts on rooting forum noting that the PlayBooks has two OS copies on it. The most recent and running os, plus the previous OS. If it runs into a problem booting the os, it will roll back to the other OS. This could be a corrupt file or in the case of rooting, modifying a file in the base OS directory and having the base directory fail a security check.

Try resubmitting your PIN and checking for software updates.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...beta/register/
    02-07-12 02:10 PM
    Yes it happened to me and I ended up with a very nasty brick. It was weird before it completely zonked out,it actually had a os1 ui but with android apps still on it.
    02-07-12 06:24 PM
    Yes it happened to me and I ended up with a very nasty brick. It was weird before it completely zonked out,it actually had a os1 ui but with android apps still on it.
    Did you ever fix it?
    02-07-12 06:31 PM
    Yeah, if it's fixable, it's not 'bricked' then.
    02-07-12 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD