We've been led down the garden path since its release on April 19, 2011, and a succession of four chief executive officers. DAMNIT!
    I don't think anyone was led down any path, development came and went, just like bb's riches. rumour mills routinely opened paths around here and some folks decided to follow them
    04-01-14 03:33 PM
    I don't think anyone was led down any path, development came and went, just like bb's riches. rumour mills routinely opened paths around here and some folks decided to follow them
    “Neo, sooner or later you’re going to realize, just as I did, there’s a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.”
    04-01-14 03:38 PM
    I've just unplugged my pb and it's resumed it's previous job as a coaster for my beer. Does a good job in its leather case

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Cynycl likes this.
    04-01-14 03:47 PM
    Lock the thread.... hell, lock the whole damn forum

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:11 PM
    Lock the thread.... hell, lock the whole damn forum

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't you be working the kool-aid stand?
    04-01-14 06:42 PM
    When did Chen say that ? I haven't heard a word from him about the PB.
    C'mon Dave! You're a good guy and smart too. I'm not trying to argue with you as I would surely lose. Really....
    You are totally correct! (technically)
    But, do you truly believe that BlackBerry came to this decision and made this announcement without Chen's direction and approval???
    Are you saying that the 2 last people () working in the PB division made this decision on their own after Chen said "The PB will continue!"
    Yes, you're correct. He has not been quoted as saying so.... But, of course Chen directed this decision and action.
    He's the head of the company is he not???
    04-01-14 07:43 PM
    Shouldn't you be working the kool-aid stand?
    Which one???
    Cindy Brady's or Jim Jones'???
    dazzleaj likes this.
    04-01-14 07:50 PM
    C'mon Dave! You're a good guy and smart too. I'm not trying to argue with you as I would surely lose. Really....
    You are totally correct! (technically)
    But, do you truly believe that BlackBerry came to this decision and made this announcement without Chen's direction and approval???
    Are you saying that the 2 last people () working in the PB division made this decision on their own after Chen said "The PB will continue!"
    Yes, you're correct. He has not been quoted as saying so.... But, of course Chen directed this decision and action.
    He's the head of the company is he not???
    I'm just saying I feel like these decisions were taken before Chen came in and he just hasn't bothered to say anything about it because nobody directly asked.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-01-14 10:05 PM
    I'm just saying I feel like these decisions were taken before Chen came in and he just hasn't bothered to say anything about it because nobody directly asked.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Of course those with the kind of access to Mr. Chen who could ask the questions have mostly avoided the word "PlayBook" entirely. It's clear that it's not something that either side of those conversations wants to discuss anymore, they know we won't be happy with the answers anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 01:38 AM
    Of course those with the kind of access to Mr. Chen who could ask the questions have mostly avoided the word "PlayBook" entirely. It's clear that it's not something that either side of those conversations wants to discuss anymore, they know we won't be happy with the answers anyway.

Posted via CB10
    A good summary of where we are at. I think it's time though that someone said the word "PlayBook" to Mr Chen. We need to hear the answers from the horses mouth. No further updates for PlayBook Mr Chen? How about security patches for the PlayBook Mr Chen?? surely the business customers deserve an answer to that one?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-02-14 02:19 AM
    A good summary of where we are at. I think it's time though that someone said the word "PlayBook" to Mr Chen. We need to hear the answers from the horses mouth. No further updates for PlayBook Mr Chen? How about security patches for the PlayBook Mr Chen?? surely the business customers deserve an answer to that one?

No further support as evidenced on BlackBerry's own website doesn't count as 'from the horse's mouth'?

Personally, I think it's time people just move on.

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 likes this.
    04-02-14 02:29 AM
    No further support as evidenced on BlackBerry's own website doesn't count as 'from the horse's mouth'?

Personally, I think it's time people just move on.

Posted via CB10
    I understand you and I think we can all 'move on", but is this any way to treat your Business or private customers. There are a lot of Companies and individuals out there who have invested time and money setting up this piece of hardware. Is Mr Chen telling his Business and private customers to throw out the PlayBook (no security patches), Blackberry's only tablet, device and move on? Doesn't sound like good customer care? In fact a good way to lose a couple of million customers!

04-02-14 03:07 AM
    Hey, I told you so "NO! BB10 for PB1 " it can't be done..
    Saying it can't be done just because it wasn't done is an illogical conclusion.
    I didn't paint my truck pink. Does that mean it can't be done or does it mean I didn't want to do it?
    anon(5597702), bob_tn and dazzleaj like this.
    04-02-14 04:36 AM
    I understand you and I think we can all 'move on", but is this any way to treat your Business or private customers. There are a lot of Companies and individuals out there who have invested time and money setting up this piece of hardware. Is Mr Chen telling his Business and private customers to throw out the PlayBook (no security patches), Blackberry's only tablet, device and move on? Doesn't sound like good customer care? In fact a good way to lose a couple of million customers!

They have already done that and seem to be continually doing so.
    04-02-14 07:28 AM
    It's all about having faith.

Kevin went upon the mount, spoke to the burning blackberry bush and came back with his stone tablet detailing the Rimberry commandments.

1. Thou shall get no more playbook updates.
    2. Thou shalt have no other phones but Blackberries.
    3. Thou shalt purchase every piece of half baked tech we can whip together and be thee thankful.

I know there were a couple more but I quit paying attention after number 1
    The creativity of Crackberrians should never be underestimated. BlackBerry should have harness our collective creativity years ago and prevented its descent into the cesspool in which its management has been thrashing in a vain attempt to stay about the "waste matter" floating around them.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 07:43 AM
    IIn fact a good way to lose a couple of million customers!

When the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 smartphones cannot fully integrate via BlackBerry Bridge and software development and support for the tablet is effectively terminated by the manufacturer the decision to move to another platform for smartphone and tablet becomes easier for nay people and many organisations. The decision probably becomes trivial in light of the certain critical applications (not games or movie streaming services) for business, healthcare, education, etc. are only available on competitor's products. I compare the BlackBerry PlayBook's untapped potential to the human brain; scientists claim humans only use 10% of their brain's capability and we know the potential for this tablet remains sufficiently close to 90% untapped with BlackBerry 10 smartphones whereas it is closer to 75% with BlackBerry OS 5/6/7 smartphones.
    kbz1960 and dazzleaj like this.
    04-02-14 07:57 AM
    While arguing about the demise of the PB is fruitless, I think we all just want to know "why?" in a sincere and meaningful way. Sure, we can speculate hardware, resources, pay back, no time, etc., but as with anything we have grown to at least like, we need closure. Last time I asked for anything and was told "No!", I was three years old. We deserve better...
    04-02-14 08:05 AM
    While arguing about the demise of the PB is fruitless, I think we all just want to know "why?" in a sincere and meaningful way. Sure, we can speculate resources, pay back, no time, etc., but as with anything we have grown to at least like, we need closure. Last time I asked for anything and was told "No!", I was three years old. We deserve better...
    If you want to participate in the discussion, please raise your hand and wait to be called upon. Now go sit in the corner Grape
    04-02-14 08:08 AM
    Waaaahhhhhh! No, I don't wanna. I wanna play!
    04-02-14 08:11 AM
    While arguing about the demise of the PB is fruitless, I think we all just want to know "why?" in a sincere and meaningful way. Sure, we can speculate hardware, resources, pay back, no time, etc., but as with anything we have grown to at least like, we need closure. Last time I asked for anything and was told "No!", I was three years old. We deserve better...
    Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP. Shortly there after they patched a security leak................. PB Unfortunately is no longer supported though far from dead.
    06-17-14 01:33 PM
    Stupid Grape! BB never knew what a good product was so when the pb was born they didn't know how good it was so they didn't use it to its full potential and when we told them how good it was they didn't hear us because they never listen to stupid customers and when they realised we were serious they didn't believe us because they never produced anything brilliant before so didn't know if the pb was as good as we said it was and hired an out of work ex god from Norway called Thor who had never seen a mobile phone so didn't know what the pb was and declared it useless and went off with LOTS of money in his pocket to invent a 65" 3D multi plasma lcd back and front lit portable interface device that fits into your pocket and so you didn't need your pb so he scrapped it?

Think that just about covers it but I can go into greater detail if you wish?
    dazzleaj likes this.
    06-17-14 03:27 PM
    Stupid Grape! BB never knew what a good product was so when the pb was born they didn't know how good it was so they didn't use it to its full potential and when we told them how good it was they didn't hear us because they never listen to stupid customers and when they realised we were serious they didn't believe us because they never produced anything brilliant before so didn't know if the pb was as good as we said it was and hired an out of work ex god from Norway called Thor who had never seen a mobile phone so didn't know what the pb was and declared it useless and went off with LOTS of money in his pocket to invent a 65" 3D multi plasma lcd back and front lit portable interface device that fits into your pocket and so you didn't need your pb so he scrapped it?

Think that just about covers it but I can go into greater detail if you wish?
    OK. What else?
    sad_old_man and dazzleaj like this.
    06-17-14 04:04 PM
    OK. What else?
    I got a pet beetroot?
    06-17-14 04:11 PM
    I got a pet beetroot?
    Is he big enough to make some borscht or maybe vodka?
    06-17-14 08:13 PM
    Glad to see nothing has changed.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-19-14 07:33 PM
512 ... 18192021