BB10 to the PlayBook you shall bring.

Instant market share you shall have.

Posted via CB10
    nickcarraway likes this.
    03-22-14 11:22 AM
    BB10 to the PlayBook you shall bring.

Instant market share you shall have.

Posted via CB10
    As evidenced by. . . How well BB10 phones have sold?

Delusional.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck, Cynycl and mjdimer like this.
    03-22-14 01:29 PM
    As evidenced by. . . How well BB10 phones have sold?

Delusional.

Posted via CB10
    Evidence? 15 pages discussing it on nearly 3 year old hardware, even though former CEO has said it ain't happening. Lol..Don't know what more evidence you are after.
    03-22-14 02:33 PM
    Evidence? 15 pages discussing it on nearly 3 year old hardware, even though former CEO has said it ain't happening. Lol..Don't know what more evidence you are after.
    There aren't pages of folks lining up to buy it. There are pages of folks praying they are not going to be fooked over again for buying a playbook in the first place.

Too bad that they aren't ready for it and they're bending over for the fifth time. You'd think they would have learned

Wrong company to have faith in
    Last edited by Cynycl; 03-22-14 at 04:46 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-22-14 04:04 PM
    PlayBook was officially dead the moment One Day Deal sites offered the 64gb for $125 or or ?100.

Z10 Love!
    03-22-14 07:09 PM
    There aren't pages of folks lining up to buy it. There are pages of folks praying they are not going to be fooked over again for buying a playbook in the first place.

Too bad that they aren't ready for it and they're bending over for the fifth time. You'd think they would have learned

Wrong company to have faith in
    You are mixing two different things together. BB10 has attracted plenty of customers. The problem is, it hasn't really attracted many new customers, if any. That is a major problem because blackberry was losing marketshare.

The pages, if you read them, are people hoping. No one expects. No one at all has said that. So I'm not sure where you get that idea. And people are realistic too. Everyone who has posted here knows the only likely updates are security fixes for flash. So, I reiterate, why do you think people are worried about getting ****ed over again?

Lastly, the only major complaints I've seen about the playbook were the BB10 fiasco ones last year. Most people seem overly happy about their tablets. A few leave it in drawer, but just as many seem to still use it frequently. The recently released news that the playbook is the 5th most popular tablet in march 2014 is a testament to that. So I'm not sure what your comment refers to at all.
    imz likes this.
    03-22-14 07:16 PM
    I'm betting we'll get Hub through Bridge, and maybe a browser update, because it's a standalone app, I think the existing BB10 app is made with HTML5 so it'll be fairly simple to bring over to the PB.

Android RT is too much effort to optimize it for the PB and it's a feature that's meant to entice people to buy BlackBerry products. As the PlayBook is discontinued I doubt it'll provide any benefits. The keyboard might make its way over, but, once again, that'll take some resources to bring it over since it's not just a skin it actually has a bunch of stuff in the backend for the predictions and languages.

Aside from that, I'm sure a few but fixes and patches will be added.

- Developer of PinGuin
    I could live with all of the above, but Android Runtime sure would be nice as well. I would say at least 3.0 but that wouldn't really help us all that much to have Honeycomb.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    03-22-14 09:01 PM
    03-22-14 09:41 PM
    i wonder if they will fix the boot time ... darn playbook takes so long to boot. i'd like the BB10 browser and keyboard too
    03-23-14 01:07 AM
    Cool, better than nothing.

Posted to Save the PlayBook.
    C000EAA94

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    03-23-14 11:14 AM
    VP of global product management says:

Would BlackBerry consider one day re-entering the tablet market? Yes. Will BlackBerry do it in the coming months? No.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a meeting one day and I show you a tablet. We have equity in that space, but we’re not ready. We need more time.
    They DON'T have the time. I guess that puts the rumor to rest.
    03-23-14 11:34 AM
    VP of global product management says:

They DON'T have the time. I guess that puts the rumor to rest.
    The only thing that will put the rumour to rest is delivery of bb10 a la playbook.
    03-23-14 02:31 PM
    The PlayBook's OS is technically BB10 as it was developed under RIM's venture into QNX based software. A "10" update would be redundant but a 3.0ish that would enhance the PB would be a good business practice as I suspect Mr Chen may look at a tablet in the future as such devices are becoming extensions of cell phones more so and was RIM's original intent of our beloved PBs.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 03:48 PM
    i wonder if they will fix the boot time ... darn playbook takes so long to boot. i'd like the BB10 browser and keyboard too
    Don't turn it off.... I don't turn either of my two PB's off unless to sort a rare problem out, mostly just let them go into "sleep" mode between uses then they wake quickly when needed.
    03-23-14 04:12 PM
    Wait and see...

They def. need a tablet to compete in enterprise. The iPad, apart from apps, is so limited...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-23-14 04:39 PM
    Bingo. It only took 14 pages for someone to make this point. There had been speculation in the media that BB might license OS10 to others, and, correct me if I'm wrong, someone put the question to TH himself whether this was in the cards, and his response was something to the effect of "we're weighing all options". If BB does plan to license BB10 to other manufacturers and to include a tablet version as part of the plan, why not, if possible, push this out to the PB first as a proof of concept. BB seems to be in this vicious catch 22. It happened with the Playbook, and from my understanding, is happening with the BB10 phones. Sales were/are sluggish largely because of a lack of apps, and thus developers were reluctant to develop apps because of the low sales numbers. It may be that the only way for BB to stay viable and to increase the numbers of BB10 devices out there in order to increase app development is to try and bring other hardware manufacturers on board. Maybe they could offer these manufacturers a piece of the app world action as an inducement to join the party (does google do this with android?).
    They would have to break with their policy of having hardware and software fully integrated as one secure solution. There would no longer be a coherent chain of trust....

There could be bugs or spyware chips in hardware from others, spyware integrated or just simple loaded with OEM bloatware (Sony, Acer, ASUS, Samsung...)

Just sayin'.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-23-14 04:47 PM
    They would have to break with their policy of having hardware and software fully integrated as one secure solution. There would no longer be a coherent chain of trust....

There could be bugs or spyware chips in hardware from others, spyware integrated or just simple loaded with OEM bloatware (Sony, Acer, ASUS, Samsung...)
    I don't see how they would necessarily lose security on BB10 devices that are sold under the BB name. If other manufacturers chose to license BB10 and release it on a less secure platform, that's on them. Anyhow, what good is maintaining a policy when their choices maybe are to either modify the policy or face bankruptcy.
    03-23-14 07:03 PM
    We can expect the update Tuesday/ Wednesday most likely judging by previous updates.
    03-24-14 12:32 AM
    .... and then this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le.../#post10156393

LMAO !!! Thanks Bla1ze!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:04 AM
    So.. can I start to really cross my fingers now?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 03:06 AM
    Well, well, well...charge your PlayBooks...and keep your fingers crossed!!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    03-24-14 05:17 AM
    A little more hope- already linked to in the PB OS Forum. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...10-3-a-917477/
    03-24-14 05:32 AM
    When we have an autoloader for the PlayBook I'll believe it. BlackBerry has made a pessimist out if me when it comes to their products and abilities and hope for them. Just to provide an alternative possibility, this could be the Z3 resolution. 1280x720 is equivalent to 1066x600 so it would be doable.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:20 AM
    If Chen does this, we are BB lifers. No joke. I will immediately upgrade to the unlocked Z30 and will upgrade the wife's to the unlocked Z10. This will heal a HUGE trust issue among us loyalists.
    03-24-14 08:57 AM
    If Chen does this, we are BB lifers. No joke. I will immediately upgrade to the unlocked Z30 and will upgrade the wife's to the unlocked Z10. This will heal a HUGE trust issue among us loyalists.
    I sure hope that there is still one more significant update for the playbook. Made me think hard about getting one.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 09:50 AM
512 ... 1314151617 ...