A newest tablet is probably in work from BlackBerry because 1gb is not good for BlackBerry 10 not forget what hein have said to that

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 05:15 AM
    If BB10 will eventually come to PlayBook I bet there would be another BB tablet coming after that!
    That is what I think.

No way BlackBerry would invest sw in dead hw, if there wasn't some type of future investment.

I feel they are slowly testing with the bridge updates, for some type of future solution.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 05:15 AM
    All I *need* is the BB10 browser and keyboard. Anything else is an added bonus.
    Surely this can be executed. Surely?
    KDB84 and jdh4 like this.
    03-19-14 05:21 AM
    BB10 browser, android player, and unleash BB Bridge so that it is fully unlocked. That is my only wish.

add "control your Z10 from your playbook" and "mirror what you have on the z10 to the playbook" option.
    03-19-14 05:44 AM
    Bringing back full bridge capabilities, blackberry express, and the bb10 docs to go, would make my month. It would also align with their plan to expand with business users.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    03-19-14 05:44 AM
    03-19-14 06:51 AM
    Blackberry skipped OS 8 and OS 9...they went from OS 7 to OS 10....I know they have PB OS for the PlayBook, but they could come out with something called 'OS 9' or something.....it could be like 'BB10 Lite' but just call it 'BB9"...not everything on the phone needs to be on the tablet.....

Phone - Not needed
    Cellular Radio - only needed on the LTE version which has a slight bump in CPU speed to compensate for that
    Hub - Text/Phone calls aren't needed in there
    Upgraded Android Runtime = MUST
    BB10 app compatibility = MUST

Granted, its not going to be called OS 9...but it was just an idea or a shot in the dark. I love the PlayBook and use mine on regular occasion......if they could even bring just SOME of the BB10 elements that we know and love as BB10 users to the PlayBook, that would be a huge improvement....the sound and screen on the PlayBook is AWESOME....its got the built in HDMI port.....Imagine using the PlayBook to watch NetFlix or other streaming services on and using BB10 devices to act as a remote.....Blackberry wouldn't need that streaming device then.....PlayBook is already cheap....Amazon has the 16GB for $117 as of this posting.....that is only $17 more than Apple TV...if you think of it like this......$99 for AppleTV which is limited to Apple's eco-system.....or pay $17 more and you can put your own video files on it (AVI, MKV, etc...) directly on the device...start playing it on your TV via HDMI....then if you need to disconnect it from the TV for whatever reason, you can continue watching the video file on a plane/train/car/in the bed, etc...exactly where you left off at....yes, I am aware you can use tablets to do this already....but, are they going to offer the awesome sound that the PlayBook offers? Probably not....but this would just be another reason to own a PlayBook....and totally blow peoples minds when you say you're doing this stuff on the PlayBook.....
    BBOs7..
    Os8 was PlayBook OS 1.x
    Os9 was PlayBook OS 2.x
    BB10

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:08 AM
    GUYS!!! Please take a minute to not end up disappointing yourselves and then blaming BlackBerry once again lol

Wishful thinking is fine, but thats all it should be, wishful. Don't start making prospects and plans with a BB10 running playbook until it has been officially announced.

Last time we were OFFICIALLY PROMISED, then OFFICIALLY DISMISSED in the matter of months. Don't keep your hopes extremely high, and appreciate/find use of the Playbook for what it currently does :]

Posted via CB10
    ^^^^^^

This!!!!

I can see nothing happening and hundreds of threads on how BlackBerry broke another promise
    Etc

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:21 AM
    If the BB10 browser actually was ported over to the PB I believe many of you would be very disappointed. CPU (and likely more importantly GPU) performance of the existing BB10 devices vastly outperforms the PB. You will still see the lag and checkerboarding on content-rich websites like CrackBerry.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    03-19-14 07:22 AM
    Just replace all the bridge apps with one Hub app, update the Android runtime, and update the browser.

The only way I'd see BlackBerry 10 app support coming, is if it was, like others mentioned earlier, an attempt at optimizing the BB10 OS to run on cheaper hardware. Which is entirely plausible. I am just skeptical that today's 2GB won't be tomorrow's 512mb so I don't believe they'd need to optimize it that much.

- Developer of PinGuin
    03-19-14 07:37 AM
    If the BB10 browser actually was ported over to the PB I believe many of you would be very disappointed. CPU (and likely more importantly GPU) performance of the existing BB10 devices vastly outperforms the PB. You will still see the lag and checkerboarding on content-rich websites like CrackBerry.
    Agree, some people always have unrealistic expectation. It's unlikely BB10 will be on the Playbook. We are getting ahead of ourselves. Minor fix and minor tuning to optimize perhaps. Seriously I do not want to hear all the same whining and groaning all over again.
    Cynycl and RyanGermann like this.
    03-19-14 08:14 AM
    It doesn't necessarily have to be the BB10 browser - but an UPDATED browser that works more LIKE the BB10 Browser (smooth and quick as possible please).
    And the Keyboard, for the love of God, the Keyboard needs to be updated.
    Cynycl and bambinoitaliano like this.
    03-19-14 08:35 AM
    This.

As a former call centre worker I can tell you that an employee would be fired immediately for discussing something like this over the phone. If it hasn't at least been announced, it's not something your pay grade should be talking about.

Posted via CB10
    exactly! fired before the day is out, thats why this is just a bad joke. I'm amazed a troll can still get the dreamers out. someone said a few million were sold, yup, but 1/2 are dead in a drawer, the other 1/2 are barely used...and you still think a company trying to keep its doors open would blow money on r&d for it, lol, the last 5 shareholders would have knives out. a better investment would be in the auto and security sector.
    for the rest of us, enjoy your plastic over priced phones and forget the playbook dreaming
    03-19-14 08:36 AM
    It doesn't necessarily have to be the BB10 browser - but an UPDATED browser that works more LIKE the BB10 Browser (smooth and quick as possible please).
    And the Keyboard, for the love of God, the Keyboard needs to be updated.
    If they update the runtime, we'll get a choice of browsers and keyboards and hopefully DNLA rendering ability to work with Chromecast, Ruko etc.

I'd like to be surprised, but I fear that this rumoured update will be more about bridge for the BB10 phones than about making the playbook more functional as a stand alone device.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-19-14 08:51 AM
    I'm not counting on it. I was disappointed for a fking long time when Thor said there's no bb10 or major update for pb.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 08:51 AM
    Agree, some people always have unrealistic expectation. It's unlikely BB10 will be on the Playbook. We are getting ahead of ourselves. Minor fix and minor tuning to optimize perhaps. Seriously I do not want to hear all the same whining and groaning all over again.
    Sure you do. Why else would you pop into the playbook threads
    03-19-14 08:54 AM
    for the naysayers. Here you go...we got an update in the makes soon to be out BlackBerry Playbook Update Is In The Works, BlackBerry Bridge Updated | Ubergizmo
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-19-14 08:57 AM
    update = updates

2.1.xxxx not BB10 upgrade.
    q649 likes this.
    03-19-14 08:59 AM
    update = updates

2.1.xxxx not BB10 upgrade.
    works for me!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-19-14 08:59 AM
    Uhhh I don't think so, but if true that'd be great. Too bad I already sold my playbook, but it bb10 does arrive for the playbook, I will definitely buy another one.

Q10
    03-19-14 09:31 AM
    exactly! fired before the day is out, thats why this is just a bad joke. I'm amazed a troll can still get the dreamers out. someone said a few million were sold, yup, but 1/2 are dead in a drawer, the other 1/2 are barely used...and you still think a company trying to keep its doors open would blow money on r&d for it, lol, the last 5 shareholders would have knives out. a better investment would be in the auto and security sector.
    for the rest of us, enjoy your plastic over priced phones and forget the playbook dreaming
    The fact that is getting everyone excited is that a new PB OS was certified on March 10, 2014 and is on the internal servers. NOT because of this call centre employee.

- Developer of PinGuin
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    03-19-14 09:34 AM
    BB10 on the PlayBook would be awesome. But it would also be kind of like wrapping a 2014 Ferrari body onto a 2009 Corolla. It doesn't make a lot of sense at this stage to roll it out to the current user base when there's no apparent long term PlayBook strategy, apart from it being dropped by BlackBerry. It's not just about releasing the software it's also support, service, compatibility etc there's a lot BlackBerry would need to invest and continue investing to keep it alive, when it's clear it wasn't much of a money maker to start.

As usual someone said something about something they don't know anything about. Don't get your hopes up folks!

Posted via CB10
    Orange UK likes this.
    03-19-14 09:39 AM
    Right! WHEN PLAYBOOKS FLY ...
    I'd like to make mine fly right at Thor's head!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    03-19-14 09:41 AM
    I see lag and checkerboard now with all sites on the PlayBook compared to BB10. The PlayBook isn't hugely different than the Z10 STL100-1 model that had the OMAP processor. In fact I would bet that BB10/Cascades would crush the current POS Adobe AIR interface of the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 09:45 AM
    Someone said they've sold their PlayBook, but would buy one with BB10...could they first put something like BB10 lite on the existing PlayBook then start manufacturing an improved PlayBook again like Google did with the Nexus 7, then the improved Nexus 7...could it, would it happen? PlayBook 2014!?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    03-19-14 09:51 AM
512 ... 678910 ...