I wondered all along during that time... and since... What Really Did They Do??? Anything???

Oh yeah, decided tablets won't exist in 5 years.

Posted via CB10
    No Thor said that. I'm sure many working at BlackBerry were like wtf ******! Lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-18-14 09:29 PM
    Fix the existing playbook or stick the Playbook 2 and bb10 up your arse.

They only have one option to keep me as a potential future customer. I would rather than go back to carrier pigeon than support blackberry with the way they left the playbook. I talked folks into more than 10 playbook sales long before talk of bb10 only to be a victim of their management clusterfook.

Fix it or ta hell with ya. That's where I'm at
    milo53 and BioDave1955 like this.
    03-18-14 09:30 PM
    Being an iconoclast, I'd be happy if I got BB10 on the PlayBook WITHOUT the Android runtime... there are enough native BB10 apps now that I think having the Android runtime would be superfluous (yes, I know that means Skype won't work, but I'd rather have fully functional BB10 OS including BBM over crippled BB10 and an Android runtime.

You want to run Android apps? Lemme tell you a secret: the Nexus 7 FHD is a great device and it's only $230. You should totally buy one.
    q649 likes this.
    03-18-14 09:31 PM
    No Thor said that. I'm sure many working at BlackBerry were like wtf ******! Lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    This right here.

I'm sure one of the first things Chen and his team did was gather feedback from employees including what they thought had been "less than 100% right" decisions, and what they would change.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:36 PM
    Let me tell you what the significance is here.. if blackberry upgrades the playbook to a light version of 10.2.1 os the parts should be the android runtime, browser, and yes remove the hub for playbook. They could updated the packaging and sell those playbooks to emerging markets that will be buying the Foxconn z3. Test pilot.. if successful than bring back the playbook to the states with a new version called Playbook Pro that has full blackberry 10.3 and I have some hardware specs, connectors, docking station ideas for the tablet and phones.

Posted from a Blackberry Z10
    smart. You should work side by side with chen. Good strategy of yours right there.
    03-18-14 09:42 PM
    Hello Crackberry Team, is there anyway to verify this rumor?
    bob_tn and AWB70 like this.
    03-18-14 09:43 PM
    Fix the existing playbook or stick the Playbook 2 and bb10 up your arse.

They only have one option to keep me as a potential future customer. I would rather than go back to carrier pigeon than support blackberry with the way they left the playbook. I talked folks into more than 10 playbook sales long before talk of bb10 only to be a victim of their management clusterfook.

Fix it or ta hell with ya. That's where I'm at
    So let's have Chen say something about it. I'm sure he would agree about software improvements. Hes a software guy.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Cynycl likes this.
    03-18-14 09:45 PM
    There is a new bridge update today. And a way to access the hub on PB via bridge since previous update.

Posted from the best mobile device Z10 10.2.1.2228
    03-18-14 09:46 PM
    Would be awesome if true and breathe new life into my PlayBook. Right now it is rarely used because of outdated experience.

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    03-18-14 09:48 PM
    So let's have Chen say something about it. I'm sure he would agree about software improvements. Hes a software guy.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Something from blackberry for the playbook would go a long way to confirming they are going to survive, rebuild and be leaders again. At least in my mind and the minds of those I recommended buy this device.

If not, we've moved on to devices that do have the apps and functionality promised long before anyone spoke of bb10
    03-18-14 09:55 PM
    And after the bridge update, at least to me, it seems that the bridged Hub seems to run much faster although still displays no messages.
    03-18-14 10:00 PM
    Seriously, I still use my PlayBook as my media device for travelling and I would love it if they just updated runtime and browser speed!

From my new z30
    KDB84 and southlander like this.
    03-18-14 10:01 PM
    Don't care about the hub... don't care about the browser (origami works beautifully as it is). Don't even care about BB10 "lite". Just want the Android jellybean runtime so I don't have to drop another $200 on a new tablet!! Wouldn't hurt to have BB10 apps run on the PB OS either

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 10:33 PM
    More like..

PlayBook support said BB10 coming to PlayBook in few weeks or months-mockit_18032014234136.jpg

- Developer of PinGuin
    03-18-14 10:42 PM

You want to run Android apps? Lemme tell you a secret: the Nexus 7 FHD is a great device and it's only $230. You should totally buy one.
    Get a Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 for $50 with expandable storage instead.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    03-18-14 10:56 PM
    I hope this is true. Since they had already been working on this at some point. They could be pushing the update to see how much interest there is in BlackBerry making a new tablet by the feedback they get from the update.?? Much cheaper than taking the risk of manufacturing a brand new tablet from scratch and much less risk. I see it as a perfect opportunity for BlackBerry to gauge interest and win back many many many customers if they so choose to support this older hardware. Win win situation for BlackBerry... and win win for Playbook owners like me. (fingers crossed)

Not approved by the NSA. My personal Q10
    03-18-14 11:25 PM
    Just give me back my FULL UNcrippled BRIDGE. That way I can turn to it to answer email and check my calendar and view my Memos.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-19-14 12:06 AM
    Just give me back my FULL UNcrippled BRIDGE. That way I can turn to it to answer email and check my calendar and view my Memos.
    axllebeer, FF22 and RyanGermann like this.
    03-19-14 01:30 AM
    :wine:

03-19-14 01:34 AM
    thurask should give us an autoloader for playbook 2.1.0.1895 for for 3G and 4 G LTE
    03-19-14 01:49 AM
    Get a Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 for $50 with expandable storage instead.

With a monthly data plan and a 2 year contract?? No thank you, haha
    AcADIeN and KDB84 like this.
    03-19-14 02:01 AM
    Blackberry skipped OS 8 and OS 9...they went from OS 7 to OS 10....I know they have PB OS for the PlayBook, but they could come out with something called 'OS 9' or something.....it could be like 'BB10 Lite' but just call it 'BB9"...not everything on the phone needs to be on the tablet.....

Phone - Not needed
    Cellular Radio - only needed on the LTE version which has a slight bump in CPU speed to compensate for that
    Hub - Text/Phone calls aren't needed in there
    Upgraded Android Runtime = MUST
    BB10 app compatibility = MUST

Granted, its not going to be called OS 9...but it was just an idea or a shot in the dark. I love the PlayBook and use mine on regular occasion......if they could even bring just SOME of the BB10 elements that we know and love as BB10 users to the PlayBook, that would be a huge improvement....the sound and screen on the PlayBook is AWESOME....its got the built in HDMI port.....Imagine using the PlayBook to watch NetFlix or other streaming services on and using BB10 devices to act as a remote.....Blackberry wouldn't need that streaming device then.....PlayBook is already cheap....Amazon has the 16GB for $117 as of this posting.....that is only $17 more than Apple TV...if you think of it like this......$99 for AppleTV which is limited to Apple's eco-system.....or pay $17 more and you can put your own video files on it (AVI, MKV, etc...) directly on the device...start playing it on your TV via HDMI....then if you need to disconnect it from the TV for whatever reason, you can continue watching the video file on a plane/train/car/in the bed, etc...exactly where you left off at....yes, I am aware you can use tablets to do this already....but, are they going to offer the awesome sound that the PlayBook offers? Probably not....but this would just be another reason to own a PlayBook....and totally blow peoples minds when you say you're doing this stuff on the PlayBook.....
    03-19-14 02:52 AM
    If BB10 will eventually come to PlayBook I bet there would be another BB tablet coming after that!
    03-19-14 04:59 AM
    Would be perfect

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    03-19-14 05:12 AM
    Right! WHEN PLAYBOOKS FLY ...
    03-19-14 05:13 AM
512 ... 56789 ...