I would like to see Playbook version with OS 10 , I believe a new improved Playbook with greater processing, memory and storage, would start to perk some interest.,
    Taking the processing power of a z30 and memory but 128 gig internal storage with BB10 with the options of adding more through a SD card I believe that would work, and with BB working with a Bes Cloud storage I see tremendous potential,
    I would start in the emerging markets, and just let it grow from there, my point I am getting sick and tired of hearing Ipad it sounds like a feminine hygiene product
    B Pretto likes this.
    03-18-14 03:44 AM
    best news if it is true.
    03-18-14 03:47 AM
    Makes a lot of sense for BBRY to get BB10 working in 1gb of ram anyhow.

Means they've tightened up the code, got rid of all the cruft, and made it easier to deploy to lower specced handsets.

Afterall, the flagship phone Z30 is 'only' a dual core processor with 2gb of RAM - so really not a million miles better specced than a playbook.

A bit of creative use of the onboard storage will probably overcome any playbook limitations anyhow.

IMHO a tablet offering for BB10 for enterprise is a necessity not a luxury.
    Last edited by uncle_numpty; 03-18-14 at 04:43 AM.
    03-18-14 04:06 AM
    For those who are interested there is a channel called save the playbook: C000EAA94

Also on Facebook
    Cheers

Posted with my dirty thirty!
    Last edited by Delil; 03-18-14 at 05:48 AM.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-18-14 04:32 AM
    Hope to see this soon, even a 'BB10 lite' would be welcome! Maybe that's what we're seeing the preparations for with the PlayBook Hub backdoor visible with last release of Bridge app.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-18-14 04:44 AM
    The PlayBook doesn't have enough ram to run BB10. What do you think Thor and his croonies were doing for 8 months?

Visit The CFC Cartel
    03-18-14 04:48 AM
    The PlayBook doesn't have enough ram to run BB10. What do you think Thor and his croonies were doing for 8 months?

Visit The CFC Cartel
    But the PlayBook could run 'Bridge Hub' for users who have 'the full kit' of a PlayBook and BB10 Smartphone. The rest could be accomplished with OS 3 for the PlayBook. Does that work?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    03-18-14 05:00 AM
    No waaaaay! Android runtime, BB10 browser and keyboard and that�s all I need from my sweet PlayBook!!!
    TimJW and KDB84 like this.
    03-18-14 05:27 AM
    If they want to own the business landscape, they need a tablet of some kind or fashion.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 and pierre5018 like this.
    03-18-14 05:51 AM
    Guys... pinch of salt required

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-18-14 06:01 AM
    Maybe they'll announce it this Friday.
    Nah, probably Tuesday after next.

Proabaly wishful thinking, but if it DID happen, I'd take mine out of retirement and use it again. As it stands now, there's just no reason when I have an Android tablet. Ask me which one I'd rather be using to do the things I do on a tablet, and it's still be the PB.

If BB has even a smidgen of a thought about making another tablet in the future, then porting a "BB10 Lite" to the Playbook is worth the time. It would resotre faith in those who feel like they got screwed (and we are legion), and expose BB10 and the Playbook name to more outsiders.
    sam299 likes this.
    03-18-14 06:05 AM
    My PB has been collecting dust. Putting BB10 on the PB should not be an issue, especially since you do not have to deal with the phone drivers etc...I agree the HW is lacking in todays time, but a refreshed and leaker model produced by Fox Conn would reduce the risk of BB taking another inventory hit. While the BB faithful would enjoy such a treat, they have to make some deal with Google and get Google Play native access to pull others on board. To further BB10 will require an ecosystem of devices...a tablet is included. IMO
    03-18-14 06:12 AM
    I'm not going to hold my breath for a major update, but a nice move could be to consolidate the UI of the PlayBook with BB10. There have been a few HTML 5 apps for the PlayBook (Sitebook for one) that have used the Cascades style UI. Maybe what we'll see is a maintenance update with a Cascades-esque interface that will allow for more current apps to port over to the tablet.

Of course, if none of this happens I'll still be using my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 06:16 AM
    Too good to be true... but let's see...

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    03-18-14 06:18 AM
    It could happen! A flatter ui in 10.3 (rumours as of now) could reduce ram usage and hence bring the bb10 experience to the playbook!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 06:20 AM
    Being playbook owners, we are use to promises that never arrive. I'm still using my with or without the coming soon that either rumours from individuals here or from BlackBerry. It's fun to speculate though.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 06:49 AM
    I called BlackBerry today for support with my Z10 and ended up talking to PlayBook by mistake.

Anyhow, when I asked if we will get another update for the PlayBook, whether it be the OS or the Android runtime, I was told that it's going to get BB10 and the new Android runtime. I pressed him on how he knew this and he said that it's on the BlackBerry intranet websites.

For what it's worth, that's what I was told and if it's true, I don't expect that it will be full blown BB10 but perhaps just enough to allow other BB10 apps to run on my many PlayBooks.

I guess we'll see.

Cheers,

Marc
    Read this and I am skeptical because of BB's officail stance, and tried not to get my hopes up but...Uhhhggg TOOO late! Man I hope this pans out. (he said fingers, toes, and testicles crossed)
    03-18-14 07:14 AM
    I would like for it to be true, but it doesn't make sense. If a BB10 update were forthcoming, why would they push the update for 3G/4G PB's recently?
    03-18-14 07:21 AM
    I am not getting my hopes up for this.

However, Chen did say he was visiting Enterprise clients and LISTENING. Thus the proposed return of the "belt".

Perhaps, and I doubt it, but just maybe the Enterprise customers said they wanted their Playbooks to have more functionality.

Pretty far fetched, I know.

Like I said. I am not expecting anything like this to happen.
    03-18-14 07:27 AM
    What was interesting was that it was the PlayBook support person who offered up the part about a BB10 update. I was asking for the next OS 2.x update with maybe a new Android runtime and he said that after the two new smartphone devices are released, we'd see a BB10 update for the PlayBook because "BlackBerry wants BB10 on all of their non OS 7 devices". He said it's on the BlackBerry website... their internal one.

I kept asking him if he was serious because BlackBerry has already said that BB10 wasn't coming. He just kept saying yes in the next few weeks or months, once the two new devices are released.

I guess I'll just wait and see but I would definitely like to have my current Z10 BB10 apps on my PlayBook.

Marc
    03-18-14 07:52 AM
    Talk like this can get you hunted down around here. Your fingers should twitch in fear even typing out BB10 and PlayB.... can't do it... in the same sentence...
    You must've had a lot of courage to type part of the name in the same sentence as BB10. I can't reasonably imagine the two together.
    03-18-14 08:01 AM
    One source has responded to me that he had heard no such talks at BB
    Still awaiting more sources closer to OS dev to confirm
    highos, diegonei, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    03-18-14 08:07 AM
    My question is whether it will be able to run hub.
    I have no doubt it will run browser and runtime, but I'm not sure if BB will want to released something half baked like that and get egged for it
    I actually wouldn't mind if the hub did not make the jump to BB10 on PB. use the service it has now as a stand alone app that you can leave open or get rid of it all together. I don't use it for messaging at all. As long as bridge is working I'm good to go.
    03-18-14 08:10 AM
    He just kept saying yes in the next few weeks or months, once the two new devices are released.
    Well it can't be the next few weeks cause:
    - device #1 isn't due out til April or after.
    - device #2 isn't due out til "later this year", some rumors state September with octo-core etc.
    03-18-14 08:10 AM
    I've said it before - I'd love to be surprised by this (or some functionality like the browser or keyboard even), but I'm not holding my breath. Here's hoping. . .
    03-18-14 08:11 AM
512 12345 ...