How about providing a track pad for the next edition? ...Perhaps bury it in the bottom bevel? If not similar to that found on the Torch 9810, could it be inserted in the bevel in a similar manner to the main touch screen?

It would sure help in radically reducing the fingerprints on the main screen as well as helping with "thick-finger" problems where you can't quite hit the precise spot on the touch screen to cause a desired action.

Larry
    07-06-12 05:19 AM
    As good of an idea that is, they already have that functionality through BlackBerry Bridge remote control where you can use your BlackBerry as a trackpad/keyboard. You can also pair a Bluetooth mouse to the PlayBook for additional control over the hard to tap areas.
    jafobabe likes this.
    07-06-12 07:51 AM
    HOLOGRAM SCREEN
    and maybe on the top buy the vol/power buttons a light which actually converts the PB into a projector
    07-06-12 12:53 PM
    More gigs and BlackBerry Protect please
    07-06-12 04:27 PM
    playbook as speakerphone via bridge please.
    07-06-12 08:25 PM
    I'm still waiting for the 'Maid' App!! These dang dust bunnies are multipling...
    07-06-12 08:29 PM
    As good of an idea that is, they already have that functionality through BlackBerry Bridge remote control where you can use your BlackBerry as a trackpad/keyboard. You can also pair a Bluetooth mouse to the PlayBook for additional control over the hard to tap areas.
    Except for that requires constant connecting and handling two devices instead of one.

I agree with OP, while bridge remote is great, in practice it's not a good substitute for an always there native trackpad for precise cursor placement - RIM missed their advantage by leaving their trademark trackpad off and differentiating this tablet from all the others.

But then maybe they had the blackberry playbook bluetooth keyboard case in mind.....
    jafobabe likes this.
    07-06-12 08:31 PM
    I'm still waiting for the 'Maid' App!! These dang dust bunnies are multipling...
    That's why they included that matching black cloth
    07-06-12 08:32 PM
    You've just given me an idea.....

Put my pb onto of my roomba vacuum and turn on the video camera.
    Barljo likes this.
    07-06-12 08:52 PM
    ROFLMAO.... well done F2!
    07-06-12 09:11 PM
    Except for that requires constant connecting and handling two devices instead of one.

I agree with OP, while bridge remote is great, in practice it's not a good substitute for an always there native trackpad for precise cursor placement - RIM missed their advantage by leaving their trademark trackpad off and differentiating this tablet from all the others.

But then maybe they had the blackberry playbook bluetooth keyboard case in mind.....
    I've got the OEM mini keyboard and it works GREAT! Love the trackpad on it.

The Maid App comes with the black cloth too?? Will it clean my PB screen and sunglasses??
    Last edited by jafobabe; 07-06-12 at 09:16 PM.
    07-06-12 09:13 PM
    Since the sides are touch sensitive I always thought the sides should work as scrolling up and down when viewing websites. I always wind up touching some stupid ad when scrolling down this would eliminate that. Please tell me this already exists.
    07-06-12 09:24 PM
    The single most thing i had hoped they added in the 4G model was more RAM. Instead they only increased the processor which I really didnt think was needed. They still need to add USB host mode on the current version but that would be a huge gain for many of us.
    07-06-12 09:31 PM
    Since the sides are touch sensitive I always thought the sides should work as scrolling up and down when viewing websites. I always wind up touching some stupid ad when scrolling down this would eliminate that. Please tell me this already exists.
    Bezel scrolling....

It kinda does - if you start your swipe on the screen then slide it off to the touch sensitive bezel as you complete the scroll it kinda works like you are thinking.
    07-06-12 09:51 PM
    playbook as speakerphone via bridge please.
    Yes. Very annoying that i cannot answer my phone on the windshield mounted playbook that I am using as a GPS. I would like to simply extend my right hand and touch the screen to answer a call and just talk normally to the person than having to unholster and deal with my phone.

With more and more states looking at a handsfree requirement when driving, this seems like a no brainer...
    07-07-12 08:25 AM
    Yes. Very annoying that i cannot answer my phone on the windshield mounted playbook that I am using as a GPS. I would like to simply extend my right hand and touch the screen to answer a call and just talk normally to the person than having to unholster and deal with my phone.

With more and more states looking at a handsfree requirement when driving, this seems like a no brainer...
    You can't answer your phone from your phone? Bluetooth hands free?
    Mr Donut likes this.
    07-07-12 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD