This is possibly the weirdest issue I have seen to date with the Playbook and it took me quite some time to figure out what was going on.

Essentially, I use Mac Mail email client on my MacBook Pro to send/receive email for multiple accounts (hotmail, gmail, Rogers, etc.). When I first got my PlayBook I was playing around with being able to open/view different file formats on the PlayBook. I'd compose an email in MacMail with my rogers yahoo account to send to myself (same from and to email address). I would attach all file formats. Every single time I did this, the email would be received on my handheld with all attachments intact EXCEPT for PDFs. They would get stripped every single time. So essentially, while bridged, I would see the email with all attachments on my blackberry but on the playbook the PDF was missing.

So, then I decided to recreate this problem but use the rogers yahoo web mail client. Wouldn't you know it, the PDFs would come through. I tried the same using OWA and gmail clients and they all worked. I also used the MS Outlook client and that worked as well. Mac Mail seems to be the culprit here. I've not found many other users having this issue other than a few so I'd love it if someone else can try this out and let me know how it works for them. I can't be the only one. There must be a bigger issue here...

I called BlackBerry support yesetrday and insisted this get escalated. Within 30 mins someone from level 3 support at RIM in Wateloo called me and we did serious troubleshooting/field testing for over 2 hours. He was great. He took my logs and tracked our test emails and made me take pics etc. He too thinks it's a Mac Mail client issue. He's never seen this problem before. Anyhow, we'll see if/when this gets fixed.
    Last edited by richiegardos; 05-05-11 at 10:12 AM.
    05-05-11 09:51 AM
    Every time I forward emails with PDF file attachment from my macbook pro to Blackberry it disappears as well. I think the problem come from MacBook pro mail.app to Blackberry because the same forwarding message with same PDF file attachment can be seen on other mail client such as web mail browser or desktop computer. I tried many different ways and cannot resolve this issue.
    07-13-11 08:41 PM
    It's an issue specific to Mac Mail. I spent hours with an engineer at RIM working on this and they verified and confirmed the issue using me as a beta tester. RIM is aware of the issue and will be fixing it but who knows when it will be deployed.
    07-13-11 08:44 PM
    It's an issue specific to Mac Mail. I spent hours with an engineer at RIM working on this and they verified and confirmed the issue using me as a beta tester. RIM is aware of the issue and will be fixing it but who knows when it will be deployed.
    Who cares? I wanna hold RIM accountable for EVERYTHING... and you cannot stop me!

RIM FIX MAC BOOKS NOW!
    07-14-11 07:43 AM
    Apple probably created this issue on purpose to punish those without the holy iPhone.
    07-14-11 08:50 AM
    Thanks guy for sharing this information. I thought I am the only one having this problem. I have been searching solutions and try to fix it different ways for three days now and still cannot get it working correctly. Forwarding from iPhone and Blackberry themselves work just fine with no problem. This will only occur whenever I forward email from MacBook pro. I really don't know since when this happened which really effect my business. If anyone find out the solution please send me an email to somcharth@gmail.com. Thank you.
    07-14-11 09:43 PM
    Thanks guy for sharing this information. I thought I am the only one having this problem. I have been searching solutions and try to fix it different ways for three days now and still cannot get it working correctly. Forwarding from iPhone and Blackberry themselves work just fine with no problem. This will only occur whenever I forward email from MacBook pro. I really don't know since when this happened which really effect my business. If anyone find out the solution please send me an email to somcharth@gmail.com. Thank you.

Hello Somcharth:
    Do you have a signature on your mails? I was having the same issue as you; today I tried something.
    I have an inline CCS one; I just removed it and the BB's are getting the PDF's attachments.
    For me this is a workaround. I will try editing or doing new signatures to test what works.

Regards
    07-18-12 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD