I started up my playbook and everything worked great. I started trying to use the browser and WIFI stopped connecting all together. I couldn't get anything to work anymore. I did a hard reset back to the factory settings in case it had to do with something I had put on the playbook or something. It cannot set up again because it no longer can see or connect to wifi at all even with manual entry of the wifi data. Any ideas? i am totally stuck. Thanks.
    04-21-11 07:20 PM
    Nooooooooooooooo.... Did you drop your device? Maybe wifi antenna burned out(probably not the case)? Sorry, don't have a PlayBook yet... (

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 07:54 PM
    mine keeps losing the connection then wont connect. i have to mess with it until it "decides" if it wants to work or not. not sure why or if theres a fix.
    04-21-11 07:57 PM
    Similar issue here (today). Every time I connect through the browser (or Slacker), the wifi drops usually after the first page loads. Every time. Other programs (such as weather) don't seem to bother it. I have to restart the program to re-connect to wifi. I have disconnected the bridge, turned off bluetooth, turned off my torch, deleted all saved wifi profiles, manually connected to wifi, tried a hard reset, ... I'm stumped - and the browser is rendered useless. However, after one of these steps (i think it was deleting all saved profiles and restarting), at least it could "see" available wifi's. Last night at home, I connected and surfed easily, tried out slacker, youtube, etc. and the wifi never dropped. Today at work is a different story. The work wifi is an only year-old netgear wireless access point wg602 v4, so i don't think its the wifi (plus my torch is solidly connected). I'll see what happens tonight on my linksys when I get home.
    04-21-11 08:10 PM
    Nope, didn't drop it :-). I can't go passed the initial wifi set up anymore in the start up. Its so frustrating! Its been trying to connect manually for over 30 minutes now...it doesn't stop and say that it can't find the network or anything, i just keeps trying. If i try to cancel, the playbook freezes. I have to hard reboot it.
    04-21-11 08:19 PM
    Dogdaddy, Funny, I have the same problem. Works great at home. Wifi drops off often at work on playbook while my phone wifi continues to connect without a problem.
    04-21-11 08:27 PM
    i read somewhere in this site to change the "application behavior" under general to "showcase" and its suppose to help/fix the problem. not sure if it works or not.
    04-21-11 08:32 PM
    Understood, Leapoldnes. Not exactly sure which of my previously listed steps allowed my playbook to again "see" the networks, but mine didn't lock-up or freeze when I cancelled after trying indefinitely. I suppose my dropped wifi is yet another issue altogether, but I have been scanning the forums non-stop trying to find some hints or tips - in any case, sorry I could not have been more help to you.

no real 'security' difference at work (small office) that I can think of, but thanks for the idea...
    04-21-11 08:35 PM
    i read somewhere in this site to change the "application behavior" under general to "showcase" and its suppose to help/fix the problem. not sure if it works or not.
    Saw that somewhere in the forums also - I had already tried that by changing the Settings > General > Application Behavior > to "Showcase". Didn't seem to impact my particular issue (dropped wifi with browser). Thanks!
    04-21-11 08:38 PM
    I started up my playbook and everything worked great. I started trying to use the browser and WIFI stopped connecting all together. I couldn't get anything to work anymore. I did a hard reset back to the factory settings in case it had to do with something I had put on the playbook or something. It cannot set up again because it no longer can see or connect to wifi at all even with manual entry of the wifi data. Any ideas? i am totally stuck. Thanks.
    ...read somewhere to delete all saved wifi profiles (they must get pulled over via bridge). in my case, i always had to then restart for it to 'see' the networks.
    04-21-11 08:42 PM
    Hey leapoldnes,
    I have the same problem....can you post if you find a resolution?
    04-21-11 09:57 PM
    On the phone with Blackberry Tier 2 support on the same issue. Mine is one better a bluetooth will no longer turn on either. I'll post whatever results occur from this call. Wish me luck. Been on for 44 minutes and so far we've rebooted everything in my house that will reboot.
    04-25-11 04:25 PM
    The first guy didn't even save the ticket he worked with me on for 40 minutes....
    04-25-11 04:26 PM
    Maybe it's a security feature.
    im so happy you could chime in with your own 1 cent

isnt your iphone ringing?ohwait i forgot. this troll has no friends
    04-25-11 04:29 PM
    Tier 2 tech support is on the line with somebody else getting help on this problem. I know because he put me on hold and came right back and asked "OK, he put it on Ping Wi-Fi gateway, now what does he do?" lol
    04-25-11 04:52 PM
    im so happy you could chime in with your own 1 cent

isnt your iphone ringing?ohwait i forgot. this troll has no friends
    he might be trolling in other posts but he tried to help he with a valid solution. the personal attacks even if its a person trolling the board need to stop. Both sides are out of control with the mud slinging and name calling
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    04-25-11 05:06 PM
    I'm going up to Tier 3 now.
    04-25-11 05:48 PM
    Tier 3 is going to call me back. More to come.
    04-25-11 05:55 PM
    you will be talking to Jim and Mike next lol
    04-25-11 05:58 PM
    Today was the first day that I had a hiccup with wifi. My Torch hooked up quickly but my Playbook was barely detecting the signal. I solved the problem by taking it to the washroom. One look at the bowl and presto it connected. I hope that's a lasting solution but I doubt it based on the number of people posting about wifi issues lately.
    04-25-11 06:57 PM
    The solution after almost 6 hours on the phone.... replace the playbook. I'm going to see if the store will swap it for me first, if not I'll use the blackberry exchange program. Sucky...
    04-26-11 07:40 PM
    this happened to me too, worked fine for a week then left the PB on the table for about an hour, when I came back BT and wifi was dead. no signal no nothing, BT was grayed out. Even if I turn it on, nothing happens. Wifi couldn't pick up any signals as well.

did an upgrade to 1.0.3.. then security wiped everything.. now i'm also stuck at setup because it can't detect any wifi.. sucks..

any answers?
    audiophilia likes this.
    05-03-11 03:43 AM
    Yeah...my wifi icon won't turn white anymore. It'll search for ssids but won't connect.

I tried rebooting and still no go. Also tried a hard reset still won't turn white.

Anyone have any ideas?

05-03-11 07:34 PM
    Weird.

My saved wifi profile was WEP. PB just decided to delete the settings. Re-entered the settings and all is fine.

Had me worried there for a second.

05-03-11 07:37 PM
    Just opened mine last night, updated through Desktop manager and all worked fine.... Now this morning, I can't see any WiFi Networks to connect to, WPS or manual entry does not work!!!

I am at a loss, not even 12 hours and already bummed out!
    05-05-11 01:07 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD