On full zoom I took a picture from my deck of an offshore helicopter back from the oil fields on the Grand Banks. I thought is was a decent pic. Not up on cameras but to stop chopper blades with little blur must make it a decent camera at least.

I also like the fact I can upload pics to forums right from the Playbook. But sometimes it doesn't work. I found issues on Tacomaworld but after a few attempts it would finally work. I didn't have any issues uploading to this post though.
    Last edited by Sergeant HCR; 07-01-12 at 12:31 PM.
    07-01-12 12:25 PM
    I think you had a problem? Yes most of the time there isn't. lol
    07-01-12 12:49 PM
    Nice pic, although in my naivete, when I saw the headline for for post I thought it was going to be one of those miraculous stories that a playbook somehow prevented someone from being cut in two, kind of like someone who got shot at but was saved by the book or bible they were carrying. RIM could've marketed "indestructible Playbooks. Oh well...
    07-01-12 12:56 PM
    You see a pic? I don't, just the box that says attachments. I also thought the same thing lol.
    07-01-12 12:59 PM
    Me, too. Expecting a story about a close call with a helicopter blade thwarted when his Playbook "intervened."

RCK
    07-01-12 01:22 PM
    Me, too. Expecting a story about a close call with a helicopter blade thwarted when his Playbook "intervened."

RCK
    Do you see the pic? I'm still wonder why I can't if others can. I'm on my lappy.
    07-01-12 01:23 PM
    The attachment acted odd when I first clicked it, but I can see it fine. I've also noticed that in some pics. It's the EDoF camera. Since it doesn't have to focus, the snaps are quick. I'm having to re-evaluate my normal timing. I used to have to account for the shutter lag, but this doesn't really have any and I need to snap WHEN I want the pic, not right before and let the camera catch it.

Should have waited another second...
    Sergeant HCR likes this.
    07-01-12 01:36 PM
    This is what I'm seeing.
    07-01-12 01:42 PM
    The attachment acted odd when I first clicked it, but I can see it fine. I've also noticed that in some pics. It's the EDoF camera. Since it doesn't have to focus, the snaps are quick. I'm having to re-evaluate my normal timing. I used to have to account for the shutter lag, but this doesn't really have any and I need to snap WHEN I want the pic, not right before and let the camera catch it.

Click to view quoted image

Should have waited another second...
    Nice backyard set up!
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    07-01-12 01:48 PM
    Nice backyard set up!
    Yes it is, when is the party we are all invited to? As if I could even get there lol.
    07-01-12 01:52 PM
    Nice backyard set up!
    Yeah, I wish it were mine. We were at a friend's house, but that's my daughter diving in.

I'm about to inflate and fill up our summer pool...
    07-01-12 01:54 PM
    Nice pic, although in my naivete, when I saw the headline for for post I thought it was going to be one of those miraculous stories that a playbook somehow prevented someone from being cut in two, kind of like someone who got shot at but was saved by the book or bible they were carrying. RIM could've marketed "indestructible Playbooks. Oh well...
    Must admit I did too. Cool pix in any case.
    07-01-12 02:06 PM
    I'm about to inflate and fill up our summer pool...
    Oh. Hahahahaha. At least an inflatable pool is better than nothing.
    07-01-12 02:08 PM
    Ah, July 1st and 61F at 1pm - Summer in the City! "Pool? We don't need no stinkin' pool. Pass the fleece."
    07-01-12 03:04 PM
    Ah, July 1st and 61F at 1pm - Summer in the City! "Pool? We don't need no stinkin' pool. Pass the fleece."
    Where do you live? 93 F in Our Fair City.
    07-01-12 03:11 PM
    LOL Same here. My wife and daughter just got back from San Francisco and were out biking around the Bay area, temps in the low 60s that morning, people were wearing jackets and asking them how they weren't freezing as they were in shorts and t-shirts LOL. They told them if the temps were any higher it'd be too hot to be out

To the OP, yes, the PB has a very fast shutter speed in bright light, so action and moving objects are usually captured well. I take numerous photos and video with my work PB, and while a helicopter rotor rarely exceeds 300 to 400 rpm, an aircraft prop is averaging 1000rpm at high idle and I've taken photos where those have been captured as well.
    Sergeant HCR likes this.
    07-01-12 03:55 PM
    Almost 90 here. Tornado warning last night along with several thunderstorm warnings off and on the last few days stating 70+ mph winds and quarter size hail. Lucky they all went around where I live but we're supposed to hit here.
    07-01-12 04:04 PM
    Where do you live? 93 F in Our Fair City.
    Pretty much directly west of you by 3,000 miles. Seattle - oh, wait, its now a balmy 64F at 2:30pm. But as I don't like heat - this is, well, almost fine! I actually turned the heat on when I went down to make lunch!

Can't you talk to those Car Guys - I mean, really, repeats!
    Last edited by F2; 07-01-12 at 04:38 PM.
    07-01-12 04:36 PM
    Poor Ray qnd Tom. It's been 35 years, 25 national and 10 local before that. Give the tappits some rest. Anyway they use iPhones.
    07-01-12 04:40 PM
    I was also something like will it blend except it did not blend.

All cameras can do that shot given the right light conditions. Its why dSLRs are so important it allows complete control of the pic.

Most highend smart phones today(sorry RIM) have near 0 shutter lag
    07-01-12 05:30 PM
    The attachment shows normally for me.

Thought the thread would be a nice distraction from other distressing matters
    07-01-12 06:09 PM
    Nice pic for a sky photo. Not too grainy. What was the elevation of the helicopter? Did you use the zoom?
    07-01-12 08:34 PM
    I can see the attachment.
    The title made me think you either stalled a lawnmower after running over the PB or it just wouldn't blend.
    Will It Blend? - YouTube
    07-01-12 09:23 PM
    I see the pic of the helicopter no problem, just took longer then normal to load
    07-01-12 11:39 PM
    Nice pic for a sky photo. Not too grainy. What was the elevation of the helicopter? Did you use the zoom?
    Full zoom. The chopper was maybe 300ft up? It was probably 20-30 seconds from landing.
    07-02-12 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD