I have the opportunity to get a used but well loved 9900 and add a few more with a PlayBook. I intend to get the 9900 as a secondary device but adding the PlayBook is also tempting but not sure I need it. Besides I already have an iPad with Blend paired to a Passport. So what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:19 PM
    I wouldn't bother. The only use for the Playbook anymore IMHO is as a media player. The browser is pokey by today's standard and no updates anymore of course. It is just not worth buying even tho I am still using mine lol

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 04:44 AM
    The whole YouTube thing killed it for me

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    themightyshark likes this.
    06-15-15 06:07 AM
    The whole YouTube thing killed it for me

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    To be fair, there are still alternatives to the native PB Youtube app.

But I agree with brookie -- PB makes a great media player (great screen and, best of all, the front facing speakers), but that's about it. I still use mine but I wouldn't recommend one unless it was at a rock bottom price.
    06-15-15 09:29 AM
    Playbook is my daily home browser. Why? It works without getting hacked. I am still able to use YouTube through the browser. I use both the regular browser and the Origami browser, which i wish were available for the phones too, as it allows multiple tabs viewed at the top. It wont successfully download, so i just go to the other browser if i want to download something. I ended up buying a second 'backup' Playbook, but in reality i just switch them out if something weird starts happening in my browser, and each time i switch -- problem gone ... So far!

It is also a great music player, i keep a playlist from youtube and the internet archive on the Playbook.

I had a Samsung tablet, and it was a nightmare of spyware and attackware, always freezing up and doing unpredictable things. There is nothing comparable to the Playbook for relaxed unworried browsing /streaming. If anyone has a tablet that is effective and worry free, and something you have used for awhile and know it to be reliable, go ahead and tell us about it.

And for me, its much better than just using a phone to browse. I sure wish BlackBerry would put out a laptop or a plugin keyboard and mouse compatible tablet. The blue tooth keyboards i have tried are not that good, so its not a perfect standalone system but neither is any other tablet as far as i know.

All BlackBerrys sell for far less than their true worth, and that includes the Playbook.
    06-15-15 10:27 AM
    Still use my PlayBook everyday and love it. If you know the right apps to sideload, have patience and are willing to accept it for what it can and can't do, it is an awesome and very enjoyable piece of tech.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-15-15 04:13 PM
    To be fair, there are still alternatives to the native PB Youtube app.

But I agree with brookie -- PB makes a great media player (great screen and, best of all, the front facing speakers), but that's about it. I still use mine but I wouldn't recommend one unless it was at a rock bottom price.
    I know, I still use mine too. It was just so awesome for youtube ... now its a work around...
    06-15-15 06:13 PM
    I know, I still use mine too. It was just so awesome for youtube ... now its a work around...
    YouTube is being shutdown for the iPad 1 and many other devices. Not a unique issue to PlayBook alone.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-15-15 06:24 PM
    YouTube is being shutdown for the iPad 1 and many other devices. Not a unique issue to PlayBook alone.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but I have been hearing so many people talking about youtube being shutdown on older devices. Just a couple days ago I was surfing youtube just fine on my BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220!

I think there is some misinformation being spread around.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:52 PM
    Media player for sure. I've put a ton of movies on it and for travel it's great. Kids movies keep them busy while on long trips. I got the stand for the car with suction cup so they've got a personal theatre available for them.

Not bad for a few games that still work and youtube is a pain but we make it work.

I keep my calendar on it so the wife knows what I'm doing. Other than that, it's nostalgia remembering the old days with the CB gang. Every once in awhile I watch some of the old YT for the PB.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    06-15-15 08:31 PM
    Thanks everyone I guess I'll stick with an iPad with Blend and use the extra money to buy a nice case :-)

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-16-15 07:10 AM