I have a vista 32 bit on a dell pc and latest 6.1 dm. I have just connected my curve 8530 and installs all drivers and did a FULL backup, zero issues and I used the cable that came with the playbook, so that cable is good.

I am on my second playbook, first battery drained to much but now I wonder if it is software. Anyway I have turned the tablet off, plugged the cable in and watched Device Manager shows the playbook...... for 13 seconds till "Blackberry Playbook" comes on the screen; very weird. After that I just get the mounted drive and I can sync files over wifi under network in windows, that is IT nothing else. I have tried all the options and I think these playbooks, some of them, are glitched. I am going to do windows updates, but I doubt this is it. Other than this, the playbook rocks and I have tried no wifi and such, no go. This device is not working with my pc and blackberries, android phones etc work fine. Very disappointed with this. Anybody else still have this issue?
    05-04-11 01:36 PM
    i had the same problem but discovered that if i turned off all connections (wifi bluetooth, bridge etc) it finally connected.
    05-04-11 02:58 PM
    Done that, nothing. Can you tell me step by step what you did? Thanks.
    05-04-11 03:15 PM
    i had the same problem but discovered that if i turned off all connections (wifi bluetooth, bridge etc) it finally connected.
    I know this is an old thread but I'm having this problem still. I'l plugged my PB in to 3 different computers and none connect to the PB. I'm running the beta 2.0 so if anyone knows of a tweak I can do instead of a wipe and load, it would be great.

Thanks
    01-05-12 02:21 PM
    I just hooked my pb up to desktop manager for the first time today. At first it would not connect either. i have win7 and was getting mad. after plugging in 3 times it was not connecting. it finally worked for me after i let widows do its thing for 40 seconds. it then popped up.
    01-05-12 05:19 PM
    put your playbook in development mode
    01-05-12 05:39 PM
    I know this is an old thread but I'm having this problem still. I'l plugged my PB in to 3 different computers and none connect to the PB. I'm running the beta 2.0 so if anyone knows of a tweak I can do instead of a wipe and load, it would be great.

Thanks
    If you are on Beta 2.0, then at one time you must have been able to connect to your DM, if for no other reason then to get the PB up and running on the original OS, yes? So, I suspect it's your Beta OS that is giving you problems.
    01-05-12 05:43 PM
    try turning on dev mode then connect usb and bbdm
    01-05-12 06:59 PM
    Make sure to use the original cord that came with your PB. That solved my connection problem....

Mark
    01-05-12 07:21 PM
    The simplest solution would be to enable file sharing on the BlackBerry PlayBook. There should be no need to enable development mode. Then plug the tablet into the computer with BlackBerry Desktop Software closed and then when the tablet is detected the BlackBerry Desktop Software should automatically launch if so configured, otherwise manually launch the application. Report back on your failure or success.
    01-05-12 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD