I also use mine daily for youtube and websurfing, I play my favorite games every chance I get Modern Combat 2,3,4, Shadow Gun, Nova 2 and Tekken and street fighter via the PS emulator very nice indeed.
    09-02-13 11:29 AM
    I use my PlayBook daily for work and for browsing. I barely touch my PC. All I want from BlackBerry is to give us a bridge to BlackBerry Q10 as it is for BBOS or at least make the presenter mode working. They have the icon but is not working and I need it for my job.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-02-13 11:37 AM
    For some people, just being able to use the PB to access the internet and send and receive Emails (plus some Utilities) is enough. PB's browser isn't the greatest, but with a 64 Gb PB still working and satisfying my needs I think I'll keep it until it dies on me.
    FF22, KittyBomb, cmdr_dan and 1 others like this.
    09-02-13 12:07 PM
    I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK.....PERIOD. I use it daily for this that and the other, oh did I mention it's a BLACKBERRY. The PlayBook is my first and only tablet so far. ENJOYING it reguardless of the negativity.........I LOVE IT AND THATS WHAT MATTERS
    09-02-13 12:44 PM
    please the win Surface RT blows the playbook out of the water in every way! also the RT has FULL IE10 and is smooth and 10x faster than Origami...
    Didn't say Win8 RT was bad. What I said was that for certain applications (like reading in bed or the tub, for instance), I still prefer the portability of the PlayBook. And I would dispute that IE10 is "10x faster than Origami".

But speaking of Origami, it would be cool if Microsoft implemented a virtual scrollpad like Origami has. It would be especially handy on a larger tablet like my XPS 10. As well, I find the landscape keyboard on my RT tab is surprisingly difficult to use, given the reach needed. Microsoft actually had a very nifty split virtual keyboard back on the old XP Tablet Edition... wonder why they didn't go with that?
    09-02-13 02:11 PM
    For some people, just being able to use the PB to access the internet and send and receive Emails (plus some Utilities) is enough. PB's browser isn't the greatest, but with a 64 Gb PB still working and satisfying my needs I think I'll keep it until it dies on me.
    You should try the Oragami browser.

In any case, IMHO, the native browser generally was better than any other mobile browser I've used.
    09-02-13 03:55 PM
    Didn't say Win8 RT was bad. What I said was that for certain applications (like reading in bed or the tub, for instance), I still prefer the portability of the PlayBook. And I would dispute that IE10 is "10x faster than Origami".

But speaking of Origami, it would be cool if Microsoft implemented a virtual scrollpad like Origami has. It would be especially handy on a larger tablet like my XPS 10. As well, I find the landscape keyboard on my RT tab is surprisingly difficult to use, given the reach needed. Microsoft actually had a very nifty split virtual keyboard back on the old XP Tablet Edition... wonder why they didn't go with that?
    umm the RT does have the split keyboard, I was gonna post a cap screen shot of it to show you but the keyboard drops down to fast to take a pic lol but you just click on the keyboard setting and there is 3 different types to choose from and one being the split keyboard...

also I get the portability of the PB and when I'm reading in bed with the RT it is a little big I find, but I've gotten used to it
    09-02-13 03:58 PM
    I still use mine daily also... I just wish the camera hadn't died
    Hmm interesting... My PB camera also died :/... wonder why and if this is a hardware or software issue... anyways, I still use my PB daily.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:42 PM
    I still use my PlayBook for some games. I've moved to a Surface RT which is the closest thing to a PlayBook that I could find. Stereo speakers, HDMI, etc. Full multitasking, great browser, full MS Office.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 07:02 PM
    The PlayBook is amazingly versatile for a tablet and its build quality puts most other tablets to shame. It's sad that BlackBerry is ignoring this device and not realizing its full potential.
    FF22, cmdr_dan and qwerty4ever like this.
    09-02-13 11:07 PM
    The comixology app alone makes mine worth it, and I love the Facebook and Internet browsing capabilities. Now, if I didn't have other devices to fill in the gaps, the PB would not be a keeper, but since I have a Galaxy phone, Iphone 4, eink ereader, and 2 laptops, every device has it's own niche.
    09-03-13 01:22 AM
    ...but then BB gave us all the shaft and LIED to us so they could promote the Z10 when it was coming out...
    You know, there's a difference between scuttling a project that was undertaken with the best intentions, as opposed to your allegation that BlackBerry lied. All you need to do is know how much memory BB10 uses versus the first cut at BB10 (shall we even call PlayBook OS2 BB0.2?)

The thing is, despite the end of a device's upgrade path, that never obsolesces the device itself. Plenty of people I know still use Windows XP, or even Windows 98, because it still works for them (and they have no ambition to run the latest version of any of their software).

That said, no one cares about your bitterness at the decision to scuttle the BB10/Bridge upgrade. Most of us use our PlayBooks just like we did before the BB10 on PlayBook project was scutlled.

I'll admit that I'm still using my 9900 because I like the full bridge functionality, but that proves the point. There's been no change in how useful the PlayBook is, no matter how you feel otherwise.
    09-03-13 08:49 AM
    You know, there's a difference between scuttling a project that was undertaken with the best intentions, as opposed to your allegation that BlackBerry lied. All you need to do is know how much memory BB10 uses versus the first cut at BB10 (shall we even call PlayBook OS2 BB0.2?)

The thing is, despite the end of a device's upgrade path, that never obsolesces the device itself. Plenty of people I know still use Windows XP, or even Windows 98, because it still works for them (and they have no ambition to run the latest version of any of their software).

That said, no one cares about your bitterness at the decision to scuttle the BB10/Bridge upgrade. Most of us use our PlayBooks just like we did before the BB10 on PlayBook project was scutlled.

I'll admit that I'm still using my 9900 because I like the full bridge functionality, but that proves the point. There's been no change in how useful the PlayBook is, no matter how you feel otherwise.
    wow how na�ve are you? everyone knows that the BB OS10 can work on the PB as we have ALL seen the video demonstrating it that was posted in CB forums! on top of it, they seriously handicapped the bridge between the PB and Z10..don't tell me they couldn't get the bridge fully functioning! also who cares if other people are using win 98 still, if they wanna be tied to a dying OS with no possible benefits to a more modern OS and applications then that's their loss...also that's just like saying hey people still use and abacus because it still works for them, even tho the modern calculator makes more faster calculations and increases performance and results...really? and as for my bitterness I have none but it does make me feel like I don't wanna have any dealings with BB because of their shady business ethics, and you know what? many many people on this forum feel the same way as I do, so yes people do care...thank you
    Last edited by beman39; 09-03-13 at 12:04 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-03-13 11:37 AM
    ... that's just like saying hey people still use and abacus because it still works for them, even tho the modern calculator makes more faster calculations and increases performance and results...really?
    Really! What I and others are saying is that the PlayBook is just as useful now as it was before BlackBerry scuttled the intended upgrade to BB10, with or without full Bridge functionality. Nothing more, nothing less. There will come a time when the PlayBook will be unable to do what the next big thing can do, but that's a different discussion.
    09-03-13 02:37 PM
    I finally got around to calling support about my camera issue. They are having me s nd it in for no charge repair.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-13 05:43 PM
    Leary:

How old was the device?
    09-11-13 10:10 PM
    I still use mine daily. I love browsing the web on it, even if it's a bit slower than my Z10. It's the perfect size, and is great for multimedia.
    I use it, daily, as well. But, I have go say that, if your Z10 is only a bit faster, browsing, something is wrong with the 10 browser.

My Windows phone, using IE (the slower browser) is, at least 2 times faster than the Playbook.
    09-12-13 11:55 AM
    I bought mine at BestBuy on release day back in 2011.
    09-14-13 07:53 AM
    The PlayBook is amazingly versatile for a tablet and its build quality puts most other tablets to shame. It's sad that BlackBerry is ignoring this device and not realizing its full potential.
    A lot of people have been saying that for two years. It coulda been a winner. In other (corporate) hands, it would have been.
    qwerty4ever and PTZ like this.
    09-17-13 06:52 PM

The point you are missing in an otherwise reasonable posting is that the functionality of tablets has advanced greatly since the PB came out, and I am not referring to tech specs (though they have too). I am referring to the app universe (not Blackberry's, obviously) and how it has broadened and deepened the functionality of tablets. Sure, the PB is still functional, at least at the level it was when OS 2 finally gave it email and calender, etc. But the competition has left it behind in a far more important way than just its technical features. All the arguments about build quality and swiping, as nice as they are, miss that.
    09-17-13 06:59 PM
    I use (or used until my most recent battery issue - which I am hoping BB can fix) strictly for Evernote to sync with work & to use Apollo (Pandora app) because the sound quality on it. I had planned on actually using the camera as a backup from time to time & the Video Camera app. It really is a great piece of hardware that SHOULD NOT have been EOL...
    09-18-13 12:35 PM
    Yes it is I am so fond of my existing 64GB model I am seriously considering buying another one. I would love to equip everyone I know with one and show them how neat it is.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-18-13 12:40 PM
    Yes it is I am so fond of my existing 64GB model I am seriously considering buying another one. I would love to equip everyone I know with one and show them how neat it is.
    I have 2 64gb units, one is my "work" Playbook, carry with me all the time. The second is used as a "media server" to my Audio/TV system, via music gateway for the audio, and HDMI for the Video. I have every CD I own ripped to WMA Lossless, and a cr**load of movies which I rotate through.

I come home, fire up the TV/Audio system, grab my 9850 phone as a remote, Playbook on and my "2 bucks" is on the couch with a nice adult beverage.

Can't get any better than that. Well, it could, but Michelle is out of town this week.........

c
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-18-13 02:35 PM
    . There will come a time when the PlayBook will be unable to do what the next big thing can do, but that's a different discussion.
    I hate to tell you buddy, but that day has come and gone! IF BB would have updated to OS10 THEN that would've been a different story... but fooling yourself or trying to "up play" the playbooks functionality and usefulness is not gonna make it so lol

the only thing the playbook has got going for it is, it's the cheapest thing right now for a tablet...
    09-18-13 04:56 PM
    Are you able to stream shows/movies/games etc on your PBs..!?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:26 PM
75 123