BlackBerry Accessories from the Official RIM BlackBerry Accessories Store

i am visiting the canada site, looks like some decent prices, direct from blackberry
    livejam and MisterMe11 like this.
    04-18-11 11:30 PM
    looks nice, need to save for it
    04-19-11 12:25 AM
    They're also running a buy one, get one 50% off promo. Use the coupon code 50offsbb.
    04-19-11 06:58 AM
    Has anyone ordered from them and had their order ship yet? They are telling me the bundles are out of stock even though it shows up as in-stock on their website, so my shipment is on hold.
    04-22-11 08:17 PM
    I still will never understand why the charging dock is $70 O.o
    04-22-11 08:45 PM
    RIM is getting top dollar.
    The mass market Internet retailers, like mobilecityonline.com have not yet gotten their stock. The prices for BB branded accessories should drop in half.
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...ure=Blackberry
    If you don't need the stuff now, wait a month and you will get a better deal.

For the bundle #2: BB gets $95 and MCity gets $88 (the BBRapidCharge is $55), both free shipping
    Last edited by mandony; 04-22-11 at 11:59 PM.
    04-22-11 11:53 PM
    Have they fixed that POS site. When I used it on launch day it was a disaster, the discounted bundles and 50% off code were not applied on check-out. The receipt charges you full-boat no bundle discount no 50% - detailed email and calls to their support has the response being this will be fixed after the items ship. Presumably in a credit on my cc, if they remember, if i remember, kind of scandalous to see for a security focused company like RIM.

Of course thinking I am buying form RIM let's pay for next day shipping and get my stuff asap... We'll....as it turns out... they don't have any stock on-hand...WTF???? This is RIM's store and they don't have product to ship on launch day... unbelievable. Maybe they thought no one would buy any of this stuff????

I don't really understand what was so "magical" about the 19th as a release date? I suspect that if they shipped with .1710 to the reviewers it would have had a better reception and i would have waited the extra two weeks. The reviews still would have said rough around the edges but nothing like the thrashing they took.
    04-23-11 09:31 AM
    Has anyone ordered from them and had their order ship yet? They are telling me the bundles are out of stock even though it shows up as in-stock on their website, so my shipment is on hold.
    Same here. Really bad marketing/sales philosophy...you never hold the major end item just for an accessory. they said i could cancel the whole order, and then 're-order' just the playbook. RIM needs to adopt some of Amazon's shipping philosophies (and many others)...offer to send what is available and then ship the backordered as soon as available instead of holding the entire order.
    04-27-11 01:33 PM
    I pre-ordered (4/13/11) several PlayBook accessories from RIM, and as of Monday night, they were backordered and they had no clue when they would be restocked and the items would ship.

I cancelled the order, went online Tuesday morning to Staples.com and ordered the very same RIM accessories and they arrived this morning.

I questioned them advertising that they are in stock, even though they know they are not. Got no response to that question.

Don't waste your time with the RIM store for Playbook accessories, they don't have their act together yet.
    04-27-11 02:14 PM
    Ordered the bundle as well...on 4/21. No indication on the site that the products were back ordered. Contacted CS yesterday and told the products were received yesterday and my order would be shipped last night.

Called again today, after checking on line status of order, and told my shipment would be shipped tonight or tomorrow...right! He couldn't respond why I was told the same thing yesterday...not on his script...

Canceled my order too and will be looking at other options. Not a good experience with BB.
    04-27-11 02:24 PM
    Ordered the bundle as well...on 4/21. No indication on the site that the products were back ordered. Contacted CS yesterday and told the products were received yesterday and my order would be shipped last night.

Called again today, after checking on line status of order, and told my shipment would be shipped tonight or tomorrow...right! He couldn't respond why I was told the same thing yesterday...not on his script...

Canceled my order too and will be looking at other options. Not a good experience with BB.
    Same experience here. I've bought most of the accessories from bestbuy or staples around town, the stuff seems to trickle in, I am waiting to see how long it actually takes for them to ship the stuff from Shop, extra chargers and cases i can wait on.

Very upsetting as an investor in RIM to see them giving up the opportunity to double down on the margins on these items and let the stores capture all the inventory and miss the profit opportunity.

Shop is probably some licensing scheme someone paid to run it as the official store and low-balled the ordering, customs, warehousing, transport and the shipping. i can't imagine a company in as deep of trouble with wall street preforming as poorly as rim has on the launch of their lifetime.

I still love the playbook and i keep thinking my ipad is broken when swiping up from the bezel doesn't work.
    04-27-11 07:52 PM
    I placed my order on the 21st - called them yesterday and they said the samething - that its back ordered, even though when I placed my order it showed in stock. She told me that items should be in by the end of this week - not gonna hold my breath. The only reason I ordered from them, was the $25 savings plus no tax & free shipping
    04-27-11 08:03 PM
    I placed my order on the 21st - called them yesterday and they said the samething - that its back ordered, even though when I placed my order it showed in stock. She told me that items should be in by the end of this week - not gonna hold my breath. The only reason I ordered from them, was the $25 savings plus no tax & free shipping
    Sounds like all of us are in the same boat. Got the same story yesterday myself. The woman said, "Still out of stock, but expect by weekend, and so should ship same time, and should get it Monday or Tuesday." We'll see. After reading this forum, it is doubtful. Like I said before, holding the major end item (the PlayBook) just because they're out of stock on accessories, is absurd. Not a good way to generate customer satisfaction.
    04-28-11 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD